Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 07:32 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Nitrouz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 737
Thanks: 659

I Ride: V4S, 1199R, Supersport S
Originally Posted by Critical69 View Post
I took my bike in to the dealer this morning. They said the only codes recorded in the ECU were turn signal errors (whatever that means). They did say there was an injection update which they have completed. They said unless the error codes keep coming up consistently then not to worry and just do a reboot.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm... What about the revving on its own? That's what I'd be more concerned about.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Nitrouz is offline  
 
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 07:35 AM   #12
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Toronto

Posts: 51
Thanks: 27

I Ride: Currently Ninja ZX10R
Originally Posted by Nitrouz View Post
Hm... What about the revving on its own? That's what I'd be more concerned about.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk


They said there were no significant codes in the ECU so they donít know what would have caused that.. They canít diagnose it unless the code is recorded or itís happening at the time..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critical69 is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 07:36 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Snk1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Hungary

Posts: 262
Thanks: 129

I Ride: 1199S
Originally Posted by Critical69 View Post
I took my bike in to the dealer this morning. They said the only codes recorded in the ECU were turn signal errors (whatever that means). They did say there was an injection update which they have completed. They said unless the error codes keep coming up consistently then not to worry and just do a reboot.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look carefully: it goes on, then it goes off. Repeatedly. Recurring error?
Snk1199 is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 07:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Nitrouz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 737
Thanks: 659

I Ride: V4S, 1199R, Supersport S
Originally Posted by Critical69 View Post
They said there were no significant codes in the ECU so they donít know what would have caused that.. They canít diagnose it unless the code is recorded or itís happening at the time..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A local buddy of mine with a base model couldn't get the clutch to fully disengage all of a sudden. 1000kms. He put it in neutral and went to the side of the bike to check, clutch in, put in first gear, and the bike just starting rolling forward on him. Almost dropped it. But also no error codes.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks from cavlino
Nitrouz is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 09:59 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: IA, US

Posts: 317
Thanks: 61

Originally Posted by Nitrouz View Post
A local buddy of mine with a base model couldn't get the clutch to fully disengage all of a sudden. 1000kms. He put it in neutral and went to the side of the bike to check, clutch in, put in first gear, and the bike just starting rolling forward on him. Almost dropped it. But also no error codes.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Back when I had an 848. It was in neutral but kicked itself in to gear. I will never ever believe what the dash says and will only ever start my bike with me on it lol
Thanks from cavlino
thewoot is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 12:27 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 2445

Min has no error codes recorded either other than turn signals . I actually want mine fixed not just re set it .
Thanks from cavlino and Critical69
wilkson is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 12:40 PM   #17
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Toronto

Posts: 51
Thanks: 27

I Ride: Currently Ninja ZX10R
Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
Min has no error codes recorded either other than turn signals . I actually want mine fixed not just re set it .


Me too, hopefully I can get video of the issue if it happens again. Not sure why the ECU is not keeping record of these errors


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from cavlino
Critical69 is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 08:58 PM   #18
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Norman Oklahoma USA

Posts: 52
Thanks: 28

Mine has DQS error almost every single ride. It also has stalled from erratic idle multiple time as well. Hope to find solutions to these problems before first track day.
BZortman is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2018, 01:49 PM   #19
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 78
Thanks: 46

Originally Posted by BZortman View Post
Mine has DQS error almost every single ride. It also has stalled from erratic idle multiple time as well. Hope to find solutions to these problems before first track day.
Some stuff for you to think about...

Previous people have posted that if you start the bike in any other gear other then 1st or Neutral it will cause a DQS error.

And for the stalling a good warm up and apparently removing the fuel evaporator canister has solved that issue.
cavlino is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2018, 06:10 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
cmh210's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Wichita Falls, Tx

Posts: 561
Thanks: 208

I Ride: red 2015 Multistrada
Originally Posted by cavlino View Post
Some stuff for you to think about...

Previous people have posted that if you start the bike in any other gear other then 1st or Neutral it will cause a DQS error.

And for the stalling a good warm up and apparently removing the fuel evaporator canister has solved that issue.
I have also read on here that parking the bike in 1st, not neutral, will help with some of these issues.
Thanks from cavlino
cmh210 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
errors, lots



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunlop slicks causing TC errors? Domino Ducati 1299 3 Oct 17th 2017 10:50 AM
Random Errors when Cold JEC1199S Ducati 1199 3 Nov 26th 2016 08:59 AM
Inertia sensor errors when wheelying! chillo Ducati 1299 22 Sep 2nd 2015 08:22 AM
DES errors? Thamer Ducati 1199 6 Dec 19th 2014 09:23 PM
stop light / engine dash errors with race fairings Darken Racing 8 Aug 15th 2013 09:16 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed