Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th 2018, 06:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,886
Thanks: 2434

Front sprocket change

The gearing on my bike is way too tall so I want to go down one tooth on the front and change to a quick change carrier on the back do a 520 conversion .
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 1299 front sprockets and the V4 front sprockets . Thanks
wilkson is offline  
 
Old May 14th 2018, 03:15 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Montreal, QC, CANADA

Posts: 48
Thanks: 21

Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
The gearing on my bike is way too tall so I want to go down one tooth on the front and change to a quick change carrier on the back do a 520 conversion .
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 1299 front sprockets and the V4 front sprockets . Thanks
I use a 1199 520 conversion on my V4 ... front sprocket is the same and everything else fits the same too (rear sprocket, flange, carrier ... )
Thanks from ddd269, wilkson and MotoX183
Trackmaniak is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 01:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 172
Thanks: 44

Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
The gearing on my bike is way too tall so I want to go down one tooth on the front and change to a quick change carrier on the back do a 520 conversion .
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 1299 front sprockets and the V4 front sprockets . Thanks
What are you thinking of going to? I just picked up my V4S and I thought the gearing was high also and the low and mid range is a bit soft till she gets to 7,000 rpms. I first thought it would have a 38 or 39 rear but I was surprised to see she has a 41 tooth rear.
Somefun is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 06:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: California

Posts: 115
Thanks: 21

I Ride: 2018 Speciale #312, 2015 R1 Track Bike
Can you take the front sprocket off without removing the rearset?
Desmolvr is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,886
Thanks: 2434

Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
What are you thinking of going to? I just picked up my V4S and I thought the gearing was high also and the low and mid range is a bit soft till she gets to 7,000 rpms. I first thought it would have a 38 or 39 rear but I was surprised to see she has a 41 tooth rear.
I have gone down one on the front up one on the back .
wilkson is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 09:38 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Austria

Posts: 1
Thanks: 0

How do you calibrate change of transmission rate (for proper DTC and so on...)? Is there any special menue to follow in dashboard?

Regrads,

Hans
Hansijack is online now  
Old Aug 30th 2018, 05:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 172
Thanks: 44

Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
I have gone down one on the front up one on the back .
Wow thatís a pretty good change. What did you think of the results? I was gonna add two to the rear and go with a 520 conversion.
Somefun is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2018, 01:49 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 172
Thanks: 44

Originally Posted by Hansijack View Post
How do you calibrate change of transmission rate (for proper DTC and so on...)? Is there any special menue to follow in dashboard?

Regrads,

Hans
Do you have to make a change to the DTC system if you go down one on the front ??
Somefun is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2018, 05:11 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,293
Thanks: 759

I Ride: Panigale V4S
Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
I have gone down one on the front up one on the back .
You can't start a thread and then leave us hanging! What were the results like?
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2018, 05:31 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: California

Posts: 115
Thanks: 21

I Ride: 2018 Speciale #312, 2015 R1 Track Bike
Yes also curious if you can remove the front sprocket with pulling off the shift side rearset?
Desmolvr is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
change, front, sprocket



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sprocket change S4bones Mechanical and Technical 3 Jul 17th 2013 09:11 AM
sprocket change mark419ny Ducati 1199 44 Jul 5th 2013 10:58 AM
sprocket change mark419ny Ducati 1199 1 Apr 7th 2013 04:18 PM
Any idea why ducati went with the rear sprocket change instead of the front? Dylzduc Ducati 1199 25 Mar 28th 2013 12:20 PM
Report on 14t change on front sprocket: unrazzo Ducati 1199 30 Sep 24th 2012 11:18 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed