Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 11th 2018, 06:36 PM   #31
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Houston

Posts: 49
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 18 Panigale V4S, 17 Aprilia Tuono Factory
Originally Posted by MotoX183 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty solid. The guy selling it said "it may not work" on the V4, but it's just a pain getting the bolts out IIRC. It was wanting to pull the whole stud or something, but I was able to make it work without too much issue.
May I ask how you got the bolts out without removing the whole stud, please? I can't prevent the stud from spinning.
thorny is offline  
 
Old Jun 11th 2018, 07:31 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
MotoX183's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 352
Thanks: 322

I Ride: 2018 Panigale V4S, 2016 1299s Panigale
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
May I ask how you got the bolts out without removing the whole stud, please? I can't prevent the stud from spinning.
Don't fully recall. I think I just gently got a hold of it enough with some longer needle nose pliers. Enough to break it loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
MotoX183 is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:58 AM   #33
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Houston

Posts: 49
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 18 Panigale V4S, 17 Aprilia Tuono Factory
Originally Posted by MotoX183 View Post
Don't fully recall. I think I just gently got a hold of it enough with some longer needle nose pliers. Enough to break it loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
wow. I was using a table vise and messed up the thread, it did not budge even then.. No way to apply heat because of the plastic part.. I am starting to wonder if one of them is a left hand thread or they applied some serious locktight..

Ducati makes working on bikes fun!
Thanks from MotoX183
thorny is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2018, 07:38 PM   #34
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Houston

Posts: 49
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 18 Panigale V4S, 17 Aprilia Tuono Factory
Originally Posted by MotoX183 View Post
Don't fully recall. I think I just gently got a hold of it enough with some longer needle nose pliers. Enough to break it loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I removed them.. Holy crap they were tight. By feel it was at least 40 ft*lbs. On one of them I was successful to unscrew it, but totally destroyed the thread in a vise. On the second one it was so tight, I ended up twisting the stud off! But in the process, the plastic cover piece got liberated and now the install may continue. Supplied grab screws in the kit are too short, so I need to buy those now before I can proceed further.

Just a word of caution to those who consider this mount for the V4. I plan on posting a video of my setup for the detector and go pro install after I am done.
Thanks from MotoX183
thorny is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2018, 08:20 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
MotoX183's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 352
Thanks: 322

I Ride: 2018 Panigale V4S, 2016 1299s Panigale
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I removed them.. Holy crap they were tight. By feel it was at least 40 ft*lbs. On one of them I was successful to unscrew it, but totally destroyed the thread in a vise. On the second one it was so tight, I ended up twisting the stud off! But in the process, the plastic cover piece got liberated and now the install may continue. Supplied grab screws in the kit are too short, so I need to buy those now before I can proceed further.

Just a word of caution to those who consider this mount for the V4. I plan on posting a video of my setup for the detector and go pro install after I am done.
Yeah, Ducati went a little overboard on the torque for these stupid little retaining cover bolts. Totally unnecessary.
MotoX183 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
@cota, onboard



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Onboard Valencia torerik Racing 1 Oct 31st 2014 04:14 AM
Onboard Panigale Rudskogen torerik Racing 2 Jun 2nd 2014 02:38 PM
Onboard Pre-eason Aragon 1199R torerik Racing 10 Mar 21st 2014 08:53 AM
Onboard Panigale Norway torerik Racing 10 Dec 11th 2013 09:25 AM
Onboard video... please carldickson Ducati 1199 9 Apr 25th 2012 08:49 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed