Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 12:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: California

Posts: 6
Thanks: 2

Question Passenger foot peg install??

Anyone have any tips on best way to get the right peg bolts in as there is hardly any room above the exhaust to fit a Allen wrench??
DucatiCartel is offline  
 
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 32
Thanks: 12

I Ride: Panigale V4
Originally Posted by DucatiCartel View Post
Anyone have any tips on best way to get the right peg bolts in as there is hardly any room above the exhaust to fit a Allen wrench??


Yep! I have done this a few times and I had to cut down a small Allen key to fit it in. It is a fine line between too short and too long so measure twice and cut once.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the pillion seat because mine is that flexible that it pops out of its rear locator and is no longer secured other than the pin lock at the front. This happens when braking with my wife on the back and she is only 50kg but I can replicate it by just pushing the rear part of the seat forward. I havenít brought it up with the dealer yet but it seems the plastic on the seat is way to soft and flexible


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motzarelli is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 09:10 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: California

Posts: 6
Thanks: 2

Originally Posted by Motzarelli View Post
Yep! I have done this a few times and I had to cut down a small Allen key to fit it in. It is a fine line between too short and too long so measure twice and cut once.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the pillion seat because mine is that flexible that it pops out of its rear locator and is no longer secured other than the pin lock at the front. This happens when braking with my wife on the back and she is only 50kg but I can replicate it by just pushing the rear part of the seat forward. I havenít brought it up with the dealer yet but it seems the plastic on the seat is way to soft and flexible


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey I ended up taking the heat shield off the right side and using a Allen key bit for socket set and a crescent wrench worked good. I also noticed the seat popped out a few times when I was testing it I agree the plastic is too flexible I got it to lock in securely now so we will see how it goes after I take my wife for a ride!!!
DucatiCartel is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2018, 01:55 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: newark notts

Posts: 17
Thanks: 0

I fitted my rear pegs & did the same as u cut an allen key down, fitted the seat but it looks so big not like ur normal pillion seat so I took it off but left the r rear pegs as I use them to hook straps on wen I take it on track days on bike trailer
ALB 66 is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2018, 01:13 PM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 32
Thanks: 12

I Ride: Panigale V4
Originally Posted by DucatiCartel View Post
Hey I ended up taking the heat shield off the right side and using a Allen key bit for socket set and a crescent wrench worked good. I also noticed the seat popped out a few times when I was testing it I agree the plastic is too flexible I got it to lock in securely now so we will see how it goes after I take my wife for a ride!!!


If your leaving the pegs on as a once off job taking the heat Shield off is an option but I only put them on when needed. Much quicker with a cut down Allen key.

Other than the seat popping out the bike felt great 2 up compared to other bikes Iíve had. Interested to hear how you go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motzarelli is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
foot, install, passenger, peg



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passenger foot pegs bracket torque? rrgermanlv Ducati 1199 2 Apr 30th 2018 12:24 PM
How much to have passenger foot pegs installed TWR Ducati 1199 27 May 24th 2015 10:15 AM
Passenger foot pegs TurboLag Ducati 1299 2 May 10th 2015 03:59 PM
Want To Buy: 1199 Factory passenger foot peg cradle morenaz0 Want To Buy 2 Apr 30th 2014 11:17 PM
Passenger foot pegs install help minddecay Mechanical and Technical 15 Jun 30th 2013 06:52 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed