Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 26th 2018, 05:11 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Houston, Texas

Posts: 25
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by MaverickiB View Post
As far as I know, Power Commanders have a hard time with O2 sensors because they either attempt to eliminate them or can only send a fixed voltage. Rapidbike modulates the voltage constantly so it gives you more control over fueling.

However, a friend told me he believes the V4 ECU is new and has a built-in feature designed to attempt to detect piggyback controllers. It supposedly detects tampering of O2 sensor voltage and slowly tunes out the changes the module is making. It's all hearsay right now, not a lot of info out, so it's a waiting game right now. Luckily, the FM exhaust won't be available for order until September and will probably take a few months after that to be delivered, so there's time for fueling solutions to be developed.
... well Ducati is part of VW group... I'm sure management is quite leery of falling afoul of regs
CSV4 is offline  
 
Old Aug 14th 2018, 04:11 PM   #32
Member
 
750steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Northern Ireland

Posts: 57
Thanks: 23

Originally Posted by MaverickiB View Post
As far as I know, Power Commanders have a hard time with O2 sensors because they either attempt to eliminate them or can only send a fixed voltage. Rapidbike modulates the voltage constantly so it gives you more control over fueling.

However, a friend told me he believes the V4 ECU is new and has a built-in feature designed to attempt to detect piggyback controllers. It supposedly detects tampering of O2 sensor voltage and slowly tunes out the changes the module is making. It's all hearsay right now, not a lot of info out, so it's a waiting game right now. Luckily, the FM exhaust won't be available for order until September and will probably take a few months after that to be delivered, so there's time for fueling solutions to be developed.
That's interesting, a 'self healing' ECU? Not looking to know names or positions but how well informed is your friend?

I've done some recent mailing to various flashing & piggyback companies & all say they have alot of work to do.

This FM 'Race' Exhaust is available, it is not mass produced & will be built to order when placed.

Are you all sitting down?....... Approx €4000 for a SS version & €6000 plus for a Titanium one. No fuelling support, no exhaust servo blank & NO WARRANTY from FM with even just the exhaust
750steve is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2018, 05:27 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Spain

Posts: 246
Thanks: 129

Originally Posted by 750steve View Post
That's interesting, a 'self healing' ECU? Not looking to know names or positions but how well informed is your friend?

I've done some recent mailing to various flashing & piggyback companies & all say they have alot of work to do.

This FM 'Race' Exhaust is available, it is not mass produced & will be built to order when placed.

Are you all sitting down?....... Approx €4000 for a SS version & €6000 plus for a Titanium one. No fuelling support, no exhaust servo blank & NO WARRANTY from FM with even just the exhaust
do you know the price of the underbelly slip-ons? :confuso:
Riki is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2018, 10:40 PM   #34
Member
 
750steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Northern Ireland

Posts: 57
Thanks: 23

Originally Posted by Riki View Post
do you know the price of the underbelly slip-ons? :confuso:
No I just priced the system in the pics of the OP’s post
750steve is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2018, 07:12 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
sprinter12's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: Fort Worth, TX

Posts: 28
Thanks: 2

I Ride: 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S / 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
Originally Posted by 750steve View Post
Are you all sitting down?....... Approx €4000 for a SS version & €6000 plus for a Titanium one. No fuelling support, no exhaust servo blank & NO WARRANTY from FM with even just the exhaust
Wow. They're asking for more cash from their customers than Termi or Akrapovic? Unreal.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
sprinter12 is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2018, 12:34 PM   #36
Member
 
750steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Northern Ireland

Posts: 57
Thanks: 23

Originally Posted by sprinter12 View Post
Wow. They're asking for more cash from their customers than Termi or Akrapovic? Unreal.
Yup, bending us over & using no lube!
750steve is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2018, 02:10 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Washington

Posts: 101
Thanks: 68

Originally Posted by 750steve View Post
That's interesting, a 'self healing' ECU? Not looking to know names or positions but how well informed is your friend?

I've done some recent mailing to various flashing & piggyback companies & all say they have alot of work to do.

This FM 'Race' Exhaust is available, it is not mass produced & will be built to order when placed.

Are you all sitting down?....... Approx €4000 for a SS version & €6000 plus for a Titanium one. No fuelling support, no exhaust servo blank & NO WARRANTY from FM with even just the exhaust
Where did you get this information from?

I just contacted FM Racing yesterday. They are now selling the exhaust, made to order. It's a racing only exhaust, they have no interest in selling it for street bikes, it's currently being used on their racing machine.

I intend on buying it and mounting a plate/making it street legal. My county has no emissions standards for bikes, so it's possible. My only issue right now is what exactly happens to my warranty. I know putting an aftermarket exhaust doesn't void the warranty entirely, just on the exhaust itself. Ducati is also not liable if an issue can be deemed to be due to the exhaust, such as the motor running too hot from a lean condition. However, I don't know how the exhaust servo plays into things since it throws an error code when it is removed. Another possible problem is it might not work with stock rearsets, as they have aftermarket ones on their racing bike.

As for price, they said 3750 euro for the 3/4 system (uses stock front headers) and 4500 euro for the full system, both in titanium.
MaverickiB is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2018, 03:28 AM   #38
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2018
From: Europe

Posts: 8
Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
I actually dig the Akrapovic race exhaust more.

However I think this is louder.
AndreiD is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
fm prject, motogp, panigale, project, replica



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 1199R Panigale Replica Sticker Kits moto Motowheels 0 Aug 30th 2017 10:24 AM
Ducati 1199 Panigale R Replica Sticker Kits moto Motowheels 0 Jul 10th 2017 11:41 AM
Ducati 1199R Panigale Replica Sticker Kits moto Motowheels 0 Nov 22nd 2016 03:45 PM
Ducati 1199R Panigale Replica Sticker Kits moto Motowheels 0 Jun 25th 2016 12:29 PM
Ducati 1199 Panigale R Replica Sticker Kit moto Motowheels 9 Jan 24th 2016 08:13 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed