Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree38Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 26th 2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,435
Thanks: 4032

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
arrow is on to something.

like taming snakes or so...

Phl is offline  
 
Old Oct 26th 2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: May 2018
From: Texas

Posts: 55
Thanks: 10

There I was about to ask you about "coring" a V4 muffler.

Excuse me now, I may have just soiled myself in excitement...
Blackbrush is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Sherpa23's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Denver, Colorado

Posts: 296
Thanks: 295

I Ride: Some pretty amazing Ducatis
I don't understand this whole fad with welded pie cuts as opposed to properly mandrel bent tubes. Seems like such a poor choice, especially for a reputable company like Arrow.
Thanks from spinkick
Sherpa23 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Macattack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Indiana

Posts: 612
Thanks: 359

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
I don't understand this whole fad with welded pie cuts as opposed to properly mandrel bent tubes. Seems like such a poor choice, especially for a reputable company like Arrow.

I googled that for you :
1. Bends always have a thinner outside radius due to the bending process. So, for a given thickness, done properly, pie cuts are stronger.
2. Given the above, you can in theory build a lighter exhaust with less concern over longevity.
3. Pie Cuts allow for nearly infinite radius and direction change.
4. looks badass
Macattack is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 01:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sherpa23's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Denver, Colorado

Posts: 296
Thanks: 295

I Ride: Some pretty amazing Ducatis
Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
I googled that for you :
1. Bends always have a thinner outside radius due to the bending process. So, for a given thickness, done properly, pie cuts are stronger.
2. Given the above, you can in theory build a lighter exhaust with less concern over longevity.
3. Pie Cuts allow for nearly infinite radius and direction change.
4. looks badass
If you wanted to post facts, try not to quote the marketing page of the website of the company that supplies the pie cuts. and as far as point 4, I think it looks like garbage whereas if someone had taken the time to properly bend the tube, it would come across more like careful, well thought out craftsmanship and not the high school shop project the pie cut tubes look like.

https://www.ticonindustries.com/blog...anium-pie-cuts

The reality is that they slow down the air flow and can present potential failure points.

Last edited by Sherpa23; Oct 26th 2018 at 04:46 PM.
Sherpa23 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 02:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Twisted10's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: NY

Posts: 163
Thanks: 56

i like it. cant wait to see it on the bike
Twisted10 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 05:01 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: Wake Forest, NC

Posts: 15
Thanks: 1

Is this available yet?
zebt66 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 05:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: michigan

Posts: 166
Thanks: 23

This looks like poo. You know why? No freaking belly pan! No manufacturer seems to care in making the bike look as clean as the stock pipes. At least akrapovic tried.

And, where are the maps? Termi has them. Akra has them.

These are $20,000 dollar bikes, FFS, follow through with your products, guys.
Thanks from mark419ny
spinkick is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 05:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Macattack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Indiana

Posts: 612
Thanks: 359

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
If you wanted to post facts, try not to quote the marketing page of the website of the company that supplies the pie cuts. and as far as point 4, I think it looks like garbage whereas if someone had taken the time to properly bend the tube, it would come across more like careful, well thought out craftsmanship and not the high school shop project the pie cut tubes look like.

https://www.ticonindustries.com/blog...anium-pie-cuts

The reality is that they slow down the air flow and can present potential failure points.
Repsol-Honda-tail-pipe-sections-L.jpg

good point you should tell Honda that they don't know what they are doing
Macattack is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2018, 06:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Sherpa23's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Denver, Colorado

Posts: 296
Thanks: 295

I Ride: Some pretty amazing Ducatis
Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
Attachment 25279

good point you should tell Honda that they don't know what they are doing
Of course Honda would do it. It's a like a Japanese signature and part of their culture, like soshoku danshi (why don't you google that) and not one that people who can do better would bother to emulate.
Sherpa23 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
arrow



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARROW Panigale V4 mito22 Ducati V4 21 Aug 22nd 2018 12:41 PM
CRG Mirror Arrow moto Motowheels 0 Oct 19th 2016 08:23 PM
CRG Arrow Bar End Mirror moto Motowheels 0 Jul 17th 2016 08:22 PM
New Arrow exhaust crazyduc996 Ducati 1199 37 Apr 14th 2016 06:04 PM
Arrow exhaust wfoduck Reviews 11 Dec 24th 2015 02:04 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed