Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 4th 2018, 12:26 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 290
Thanks: 99

I Ride: 1299SA
Does anyone know if it will fit the V4/S as well ?
BenF04 is offline  
 
Old Dec 4th 2018, 01:34 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,166
Thanks: 1124

The dry clutch on the standard v4? Sure it will fit but you will need the entire kit not just the clutch and basket. Im guessing you need the entire engine case for that side plus whatever hardware is required. $$$$ from Ducati. Less if someone makes an aftermarket kit. I think the kit for the 99 is what 3-4K.
endodoc is online now  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 02:09 PM   #23
MMC
Senior Member
 
MMC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Alaska

Posts: 451
Thanks: 278

I Ride: 2015 R, 1199 Tricolore, '12 MTS Pikes Peak
What separates a "good" clutch from a "crap" clutch (dry)?
MMC is online now  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 02:28 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,287
Thanks: 524

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
really would not be a deciding factor on whether i bought the bike or not
reganc is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 02:32 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Ike26's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
From: Minnesota

Posts: 15
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2017 CRF250L Rally; 2014 1199s; 2008 FZ1; 2003 CBR600RR
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
The dry clutch on the standard v4? Sure it will fit but you will need the entire kit not just the clutch and basket. Im guessing you need the entire engine case for that side plus whatever hardware is required. $$$$ from Ducati. Less if someone makes an aftermarket kit. I think the kit for the 99 is what 3-4K.
Yes, the conversion kit for the 1199/1299 goes for about $3360.

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/c...ale-1199?v=1.6
Ike26 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 03:35 PM   #26
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Massachusetts

Posts: 82
Thanks: 31

I like that they added the dry clutch thats what was missing for me when i brought the 1299. The bike didn't feel like a Ducati to me. It felt boring like the 848.
Now the V4R is making me say hmmmm I may need a new bike. I wouldn't drop the 4 grand to install one in a S or Speciale. I like as many perks straight from the factory. You start adding dry clutches into the other models. And you end up not liking how the clutch feels 1/2 the time. And you go back and forth to your shop and the 2 of you wish you never met at some point.. Any flavor of the V4 is nice they just get nicer depending on the model.

Last edited by Goshow1199; Dec 4th 2018 at 03:39 PM.
Goshow1199 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 05:06 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,640
Thanks: 536

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by Goshow1199 View Post
I like that they added the dry clutch thats what was missing for me when i brought the 1299. The bike didn't feel like a Ducati to me. It felt boring like the 848.
Now the V4R is making me say hmmmm I may need a new bike. I wouldn't drop the 4 grand to install one in a S or Speciale. I like as many perks straight from the factory. You start adding dry clutches into the other models. And you end up not liking how the clutch feels 1/2 the time. And you go back and forth to your shop and the 2 of you wish you never met at some point.. Any flavor of the V4 is nice they just get nicer depending on the model.
Factory "perk bikes" are always fun - and Ducati really treats us well with many of them....good for them....good for us - imagine trying to come close on an aftermarket garage build....you simply can’t turn a Base or S bike in to an R or SL any cheaper than you get it from the factory, let alone reliability and support
RD16RR is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 05:12 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,166
Thanks: 1124

LOL what we’re those SL rebuild uh I mean “maintenance” intervals you had mentioned? In your email. Yea I want those guys building my motors.
Thanks from RD16RR
endodoc is online now  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 05:14 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
CrazyDuc's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
From: San Francisco

Posts: 178
Thanks: 52

I Ride: 2019 V4R on order, '13 1199R (sold), '07 Yamaha R1 (sold), '04 Yamaha R1 (first bike I owned, sold)
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
LOL what we’re those SL rebuild uh I mean “maintenance” intervals you had mentioned? In your email. Yea I want those guys building my motors.
I'm lost... What "guys" are y'all talking about?
CrazyDuc is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2018, 05:18 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,166
Thanks: 1124

Forgot to ask but is that rolling warranty back up and running or has it been relegated to a coat rack which it was probably more suitable for in the first place
endodoc is online now  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
clutch, dry, return



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorenzo 'could' return to Yamaha BenF04 Racing 9 May 31st 2018 07:53 PM
KTM 2017 MotoGP return jock39racer Racing 5 Jul 27th 2016 08:08 AM
Stoner return?? (Not on a Duc) Stw Racing 2 Mar 9th 2015 10:03 PM
No stoner return Fbto Racing 8 Dec 1st 2014 04:56 AM
the return of moto gp mark419ny Racing 16 Aug 10th 2014 03:01 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed