Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 4th 2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 464
Thanks: 145

TB21 got a V4R for Xmas

The social Media accounts of Troy Bayliss and the Cube/ Desmosport Race team showing off that they received their new V4R's this week.
See what it goes like in the ASBK this season
Thanks from Phl, KarlKani and dflowerz
DStyleNZL is offline  
 
Old Jan 4th 2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
DucSyd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Newcastle, Australia

Posts: 315
Thanks: 127

I Ride: Speciale V4, Ducati 1199S; 1200 Enduro, Scrambler 1100 sport, 748R, 1098S
Thanks, yes this will be worth the admission at Philip Island aloneness! I am sure the WSBK factory teams will also be interested to how Troy goes on the new V4 R. He got a close 3rd last year on the Panigale twin, so he should be pushing for the win this year. Go Troy.
Thanks from Phl
DucSyd is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2019, 05:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Saratoga N.Y

Posts: 179
Thanks: 74

I’m hoping he can bring back some of that winning magic!! I’m sure he will be competitive from the beginning..
scotman623 is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2019, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 983
Thanks: 336

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
Iím sure he will be competitive from the beginning..
Yes he is known for having a real hot go!
I will be cheering him on from the camp grounds, and of coarse the euro WSBK gang.
able duc is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2019, 09:21 PM   #5
007
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 28
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by DucSyd View Post
Thanks, yes this will be worth the admission at Philip Island aloneness! I am sure the WSBK factory teams will also be interested to how Troy goes on the new V4 R. He got a close 3rd last year on the Panigale twin, so he should be pushing for the win this year. Go Troy.
I should be there...

Is it bad that i have a 1299 but will be going for the gsxr
007 is offline  
Old Jan 6th 2019, 11:45 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 464
Thanks: 145

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I should be there...

Is it bad that i have a 1299 but will be going for the gsxr
the new Gixxers are a very very fast bike and very cheap compared to others.
When I was racing there were 3x ducati's and around 4x S1000RR (1x Hp4 and one ex-works). Now there are none and all those racers left have gone Gixxer or R1.
Expensive to race a Panigale in Australia!
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Jan 6th 2019, 08:23 PM   #7
007
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 28
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
the new Gixxers are a very very fast bike and very cheap compared to others.
When I was racing there were 3x ducati's and around 4x S1000RR (1x Hp4 and one ex-works). Now there are none and all those racers left have gone Gixxer or R1.
Expensive to race a Panigale in Australia!
What was dominant when you were racing?

I've always like them, not for the looks but because they're bulletproof.
Bought my hayabusa new back in the day an the minute the run in process was done, at 1600km it saw ALOT of 1l4 mile racing lol. Never missed a beat.

Was going to buy a new gix before i bought the panigale. When they came here, dealer is like 26k for the RR, i told him they're never going to sell. He's like plenty have bought them already.. Im like yeh,racing teams lol. Fast forward a year later, still on the showroom floor for 22k not moving lol.

People used to buy them in droves because they 17k ride away, not anymore. Hence why you never see them on the road, well not here. I see more panigales than i see new gsxrs or r1's r6's .
007 is offline  
Old Jan 7th 2019, 03:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
chillo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: UK

Posts: 135
Thanks: 28

I Ride: v4r coming! 1299s & CRF450x
Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
The social Media accounts of Troy Bayliss and the Cube/ Desmosport Race team showing off that they received their new V4R's this week.
See what it goes like in the ASBK this season
the pic I've seen of TB and a v4r with wet clutch?
chillo is offline  
Old Jan 7th 2019, 04:27 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: East Yorkshire

Posts: 21
Thanks: 1

I Ride: V4S, 1098S, Speed Triple R, KTM 250 Excf
Originally Posted by chillo View Post
the pic I've seen of TB and a v4r with wet clutch?
Bike may come with wet clutch fitted and dry clutch in box to be fitted later so that it meets WSBK rules for homoligation?
jj996 is offline  
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DucSyd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Newcastle, Australia

Posts: 315
Thanks: 127

I Ride: Speciale V4, Ducati 1199S; 1200 Enduro, Scrambler 1100 sport, 748R, 1098S
I read a recent test of the V4R by Alan Cathcart, it said in the test that the first few bikes made had a wet clutch, but during testing with Davies and Bautista it was felt a dry clutch gave them better adjustments so the bikes now will be delivered with a dry clutch but with the same clutch cover with soundproofing to get through Euro sound rules.

That’s what I read, anyway.
Thanks from Sherpa23
DucSyd is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
tb21, v4r, xmas



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any help on XMas day? warning lights Captain Greg Ducati 1299 9 Jan 8th 2017 03:31 PM
Xmas present for me which one Charleston 1199 Ducati 1199 32 Dec 1st 2015 11:23 PM
For Sale: Ducati 1199R Termignoni Full System XMAS SALE vj020 Classifieds 17 Dec 10th 2014 06:33 PM
Xmas Positive thread... Stw Motorcycle Talk 34 Dec 27th 2013 07:11 PM
Merry Xmas JONAH Ducati 1199 6 Dec 25th 2011 02:52 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed