Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree38Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 6th 2019, 10:24 PM   #31
007
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 147
Thanks: 32

Nice to see you having fun out there brother.
Thanks from KMY
007 is offline  
 
Old Mar 7th 2019, 04:18 PM   #32
KMY
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Bay Area

Posts: 375
Thanks: 472

Speciale got some TLC today.

Fresh oil and filter, wipe down and back to street gear.

Already looking forward to the next track day excursion. Hopefully with several of you from the forum!

Before...



After...

Thanks from Twistedracer and GunMoto
KMY is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2019, 08:36 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: North Carolina

Posts: 161
Thanks: 51

I Ride: Ducati Panigale V4S
The V4(s) home is the race track. I wouldn't be worried about lap times just focus on the fun aspect. Has anyone mentioned reference points?
Did you set the static sag prior to the track day? This will have a major impact on feel and confidence.
Since you have an extra set of rims throw some slicks on them and buy the tire warmers as an added insurance measure. They hold up pretty well. I get two and a half track-days out of a rear at my old fart pace.
Thanks from KMY
carlpretzel is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2019, 08:41 AM   #34
KMY
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Bay Area

Posts: 375
Thanks: 472

Originally Posted by carlpretzel View Post
The V4(s) home is the race track. I wouldn't be worried about lap times just focus on the fun aspect. Has anyone mentioned reference points?
Did you set the static sag prior to the track day? This will have a major impact on feel and confidence.
Since you have an extra set of rims throw some slicks on them and buy the tire warmers as an added insurance measure. They hold up pretty well. I get two and a half track-days out of a rear at my old fart pace.
Thanks man. I didn't touch the suspension before hitting the track but plan to before I go back. Slicks would be fun, especially on a warmer day!
KMY is offline  
Old Mar 8th 2019, 08:57 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: North Carolina

Posts: 161
Thanks: 51

I Ride: Ducati Panigale V4S
Originally Posted by KMY View Post
Thanks man. I didn't touch the suspension before hitting the track but plan to before I go back. Slicks would be fun, especially on a warmer day!
We couldn't get my static sag in a good range on the front forks because the springs are too soft for my weight (190lbs in gear).
The shock was ok but I still lack for confidence with the front. I may raise the rear ride height to load the front just a little bit. I haven't heard of anyone making a ride height adjustment on the forums yet.
I rode Thunderhill way back in the early 2000(s) on a 2002 ZX-6R. Nice layout. You guys must be getting allot of rain out there for that track to be damp. Stay safe my friend.
Thanks from KMY
carlpretzel is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2019, 02:53 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: SAN DIEGO

Posts: 380
Thanks: 114

I Ride: 2018 1299 FE, 2013 1199R
AWESOME...... Good for you kev. After a few track days, I was SOLD! Don't even register the FE for street use anymore. Too many wacko's texting and driving, Cops and speeding tickets, Animals running out across the road, water or dirt on the road..... PASS for now. Maybe if a MV dragster pops up in my garage, I'll street that

Lets get together at Laguna Secca SOON. Bring the SL's And your V4R when you get it ( And I KNOW YOU WILL...lol)
TOBTEK is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2019, 03:11 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: SAN DIEGO

Posts: 380
Thanks: 114

I Ride: 2018 1299 FE, 2013 1199R
Originally Posted by Desmolvr View Post
I started doing track days 14 years ago at the age of 42. As mentioned it can get addicting but is a lot of fun.

Sonoma is a fun track but can be very busy as you mention (the only time you are straight is between 6 & 7). Laguna is a lot of fun but I am not sure you have a bike that meets the sound limits. I am taking my V4 there with full exhaust and inserts. I roll through turn 5 in 5th gear and hope that they don't monitor from a mobile location.

His FE will be ok for sure. I have a FE with stock exhaust, I don't have to back off at all by the sound check. Think if he rolls out of it a bit, he'd be fine. The cans pointed out the back help a lot I believe, Vrs pointed directly at the meter.
TOBTEK is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2019, 03:15 PM   #38
KMY
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Bay Area

Posts: 375
Thanks: 472

Originally Posted by TOBTEK View Post
AWESOME...... Good for you kev. After a few track days, I was SOLD! Don't even register the FE for street use anymore. Too many wacko's texting and driving, Cops and speeding tickets, Animals running out across the road, water or dirt on the road..... PASS for now. Maybe if a MV dragster pops up in my garage, I'll street that

Lets get together at Laguna Secca SOON. Bring the SL's And your V4R when you get it ( And I KNOW YOU WILL...lol)
Sounds good brother! I'd love to hit laguna with you. But I hear the noise restrictions now are no bueno. Maybe I'd be ok with rolling off at the top of the hill but I'm planning to get the race system on the R and the SL's are both pretty vocal. Maybe i should hold off on getting the race exhaust on the R... Wait, no I can't do that!!
KMY is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2019, 03:53 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: SAN DIEGO

Posts: 380
Thanks: 114

I Ride: 2018 1299 FE, 2013 1199R
Originally Posted by KMY View Post
Sounds good brother! I'd love to hit laguna with you. But I hear the noise restrictions now are no bueno. Maybe I'd be ok with rolling off at the top of the hill but I'm planning to get the race system on the R and the SL's are both pretty vocal. Maybe i should hold off on getting the race exhaust on the R... Wait, no I can't do that!!

I honestly don't think you'd have a sound problem at LS with the FE or 17SL ! I passed by rolling out on the 1199R, and it was LOUD, no DB killers in it. The two bike with cans pointing rearward is HUGE on the DB reading. I'm frankly surprised I cant get meatball'd with my FE. At the end of the last day there, I was trying to pop the sound....couldn't and was ON the gas by the sound shack.
Have a brandnew Toyhauler to hang out in, Lets set it up


What you SHOULD DO........ is put the FE back to stock, sell me the wheels and Akra for cents on the dollar. use all that green for the new V4R .......oh yeah
Thanks from KMY

Last edited by TOBTEK; Mar 12th 2019 at 03:55 PM.
TOBTEK is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
day, survived, track



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want To Buy: V4 base for track build/ track V4 mhaddad Classifieds 6 Oct 11th 2018 11:44 AM
PNW Track Day Riders: Track Time Track Day Pass For Sale - Discount! NW1299 Ducati 1299 4 Aug 4th 2017 04:03 PM
Will I ever get to the track? Thamer Ducati 1199 26 Apr 28th 2014 10:52 AM
Would you track your Pani if it wasn't insured on the track? 4theride Racing 52 Apr 23rd 2013 06:23 PM
track day @ new track: atlanta motorsports park Phl Racing 10 Aug 12th 2012 06:26 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed