Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree59Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 4th 2019, 07:30 PM   #91
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: SoCal

Posts: 80
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 2018 V4s
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Rogue, I'm busted buddy and all this talk of donuts has made me hungry. I was going to try juicing but damn, it just doesn't sound appealing. Chris, enjoy and the rest of you guys
come on, don't be cheap. Send that money to Bren Tuning. Those guys are awesome.
Weíll all be waiting for those comparison charts you promised weeks ago, Shiv
teh1337ftw is offline  
 
Old Jun 4th 2019, 10:42 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,340
Thanks: 1261

Bahahahahahahahaha. For anyone who wasn't quite sure.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...RSV4-and-Tuono
Thanks from Rogue and lamb00j
endodoc is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 02:01 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 976
Thanks: 610

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by teh1337ftw View Post
First Iím Chris and now Iím Troy. The trolls need to make up their minds on who I am lol.

If you think you could never get 40hp from a bike, I believe you. I wonít argue that point. You yourself couldnít. I believe you. You needlessly brought a S1000RR into the post about a V4 but refuse to defend your post about the V4 at all. If you have issues with S1000RRís, I suggest you visit that forum. This is for Ducati.

That person you posted isnít here and admitted he dynoíd incorrectly. You said multiple users? Iím asking for usernames and you arenít providing them.

Seeing as you have experience with ďEdĒ (Shiv). Maybe you know the name of his shop? Iím all ears. Thanks
I was never confused with who you are Troy Gleason. I knew it was you from the first post. Whenever I see this level of nut swinging on Bren I look down and low and behold it's you. Hell, if you type Brentuning in the search bar on FB your name comes up a dozen or so times before the actual shop. If you're not affiliated with Bren then why are you pushing promo codes for him? Seems weird.

I don't develop tunes so you are correct, I couldn't gain 40hp with a tune alone. If you're continuing to say that you can then you're continuing to lose credibility which is why I brought the Beamer into this conversation in the first place. Someone pointed out that what Bren advertises differs from the delivered goods. I remember the BMW being a prime example.

Did you miss the part where Flatline posted "Bad news. Dynod today and was seriously disappointed".

I do know the name of Ed's shop. I believe my MAC radiator and custom carbon bits posted from there. I'd take him up on his offer.
Rogue is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 02:22 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 976
Thanks: 610

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Bahahahahahahahaha. For anyone who wasn't quite sure.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...RSV4-and-Tuono
Funny how that thread almost mirrors this one. I find it a bit ironic that his name is Troy and he tries to Trojan horse all of these forums as a customer when he joins them just to be a promoter for Bren. Shill marketing at it's best.
Rogue is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 10:31 AM   #95
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: SoCal

Posts: 80
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 2018 V4s
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Bahahahahahahahaha. For anyone who wasn't quite sure.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...RSV4-and-Tuono
I wouldn't hate on people that own multiple bikes.. Also you bought a 1299 handheld from brentuning. I don't understand the hate with the company that you support?
teh1337ftw is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 10:44 AM   #96
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: SoCal

Posts: 80
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 2018 V4s
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I was never confused with who you are Troy Gleason. I knew it was you from the first post. Whenever I see this level of nut swinging on Bren I look down and low and behold it's you. Hell, if you type Brentuning in the search bar on FB your name comes up a dozen or so times before the actual shop. If you're not affiliated with Bren then why are you pushing promo codes for him? Seems weird.

I don't develop tunes so you are correct, I couldn't gain 40hp with a tune alone. If you're continuing to say that you can then you're continuing to lose credibility which is why I brought the Beamer into this conversation in the first place. Someone pointed out that what Bren advertises differs from the delivered goods. I remember the BMW being a prime example.

Did you miss the part where Flatline posted "Bad news. Dynod today and was seriously disappointed".

I do know the name of Ed's shop. I believe my MAC radiator and custom carbon bits posted from there. I'd take him up on his offer.
I think you may be confused with who I am. Also yes, I don't think you're capable of making 40hp with a turbo bike vs stock much less tuning. The way you speak shows that you aren't mechanically inclined in the least and that someone is feeding you lines. It's ok, I understand how Shiv operates. He tries to get you to buy OpenFlash then the support stops.. He's conveniently unreachable and funny that he posted that thread link. Two people in there said they couldn't get a hold of Shiv at all after paying in full.

How about you name this shop? Funny how a shop operates with customers but he doesn't seem to want any..

"Seriously disappointed" but clearly states there are gains everywhere.. You might want to stop cherry picking facts. Funny thing is the John Lee guy you posted said the same. He said it was a huge difference but the dyno didn't agree with what he felt as far as peak power.

I can put a tire to 20psi and dyno 160whp on a v4 then pump it to 60psi and it will read 200whp. That's how easy it is to manipulate a DynoJet these days. That's just one of many factors that are easy to manipulate or just overlook.


Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Funny how that thread almost mirrors this one. I find it a bit ironic that his name is Troy and he tries to Trojan horse all of these forums as a customer when he joins them just to be a promoter for Bren. Shill marketing at it's best.
I guess a customer experience to better the community is considered a bad thing these days. Sorry? lol. I didn't know we weren't allowed to talk about our experiences here. What's the point of this forum then?

I guess all the install videos I do on YouTube are also considered "Shill Marketing" for the products I paid for, right? Please go to a business class and learn how marketing works.
teh1337ftw is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 11:45 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 976
Thanks: 610

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by teh1337ftw View Post
I think you may be confused with who I am.

Yes Troy, we all know it's you.

Also yes, I don't think you're capable of making 40hp with a turbo bike vs stock much less tuning.

So Bren is full of shit. Glad we're finally on the same page there with that bs post.

The way you speak shows that you aren't mechanically inclined in the least and that someone is feeding you lines. It's ok, I understand how Shiv operates. He tries to get you to buy OpenFlash then the support stops.. He's conveniently unreachable and funny that he posted that thread link. Two people in there said they couldn't get a hold of Shiv at all after paying in full.

How about you name this shop? Funny how a shop operates with customers but he doesn't seem to want any..

I don't know who Shiv is or what OpenFlash even is. I use a full RapidBike setup that I'm more than happy with. I somehow even fumbled around with some wrenches and managed the install myself.

"Seriously disappointed" but clearly states there are gains everywhere.. You might want to stop cherry picking facts. Funny thing is the John Lee guy you posted said the same. He said it was a huge difference but the dyno didn't agree with what he felt as far as peak power.

You all are the ones that claim a 10% increase in PEAK POWER. It's clearly stated on the BT website and the first page of this thread. Let's average it and say the V4 makes 190whp. That's a claimed 19whp gain with your tune. Please back this claim up with facts. I'll wait.


I guess a customer experience to better the community is considered a bad thing these days. Sorry? lol. I didn't know we weren't allowed to talk about our experiences here. What's the point of this forum then?

I guess all the install videos I do on YouTube are also considered "Shill Marketing" for the products I paid for, right? Please go to a business class and learn how marketing works.

I don't think I've ever met a "customer" that pushes promo codes the way you do. Ironically enough I've taken a few business classes in my time. I'm actually PMP certified and running a rather large Task Order overseas at the moment. Let me break down what you're doing:

Shill:
1. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.
2. One who publicly promotes another's cause, especially in an extravagant or misleading way.
v. shilled, shill∑ing, shills
Originally Posted by teh1337ftw View Post
I wouldn't hate on people that own multiple bikes.. Also you bought a 1299 handheld from Brentuning. I don't understand the hate with the company that you support?
Wait, I thought Ed was Shiv? Why would he buy a product from a competitor? Especially when the hand held is a simple Alientech Powergate 3 that retails for $200 (and you guys are turning them around for what, $650? good for you). How do you know what he's bought anyway? I thought you were just another customer?

Here's a few issues we're having with BT. Why is the tune encrypted and why can't myself or my tuner view/change the tables? Rexxer, Woolich, RapidBike, TuneBoy, all allow this. To my knowledge BT is the only company that just gives you a canned tuned and says good luck. If you need to change anything contact us and we'll do it remotely for you. What if I want to analyze my data at different tracks? I installed a RapidBike YouTune to compliment the race module just so I can be a nerd and monitor my AFR in real time while riding from time to time. What about data logging? How do I do that with BT?

I'd send you guys my spare ECU just so I could figure out how to do a side by side comparison but a quick google search for BrenTuning Ducati shows that you guys also have a history of bricking ECU's. I guess I'll have to wait for the results from Ed.
Rogue is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 01:09 PM   #98
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: SoCal

Posts: 80
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 2018 V4s
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Wait, I thought Ed was Shiv? Why would he buy a product from a competitor? Especially when the hand held is a simple Alientech Powergate 3 that retails for $200 (and you guys are turning them around for what, $650? good for you). How do you know what he's bought anyway? I thought you were just another customer?

Here's a few issues we're having with BT. Why is the tune encrypted and why can't myself or my tuner view/change the tables? Rexxer, Woolich, RapidBike, TuneBoy, all allow this. To my knowledge BT is the only company that just gives you a canned tuned and says good luck. If you need to change anything contact us and we'll do it remotely for you. What if I want to analyze my data at different tracks? I installed a RapidBike YouTune to compliment the race module just so I can be a nerd and monitor my AFR in real time while riding from time to time. What about data logging? How do I do that with BT?

I'd send you guys my spare ECU just so I could figure out how to do a side by side comparison but a quick google search for BrenTuning Ducati shows that you guys also have a history of bricking ECU's. I guess I'll have to wait for the results from Ed.
Ed is the cover and so is "rogue", it's all shiv and we know there was never any intention of posting a comparison that doesn't exist so shame on you for lying to people here about that. Not one person has the stock dump from the ECU. The only people that call it a "bin" is a woolich user. Woolich couldn't get a file off a handheld or an ECU.

When you say "only company" you forget about Ducati, Akra, Termi, the list goes on with canned tunes. Nothing wrong with a canned tune and if you really want to go crazy, Log your EGT's and they will adjust the AFR. Pretty easy to understand. The reason why the big companies don't allow self-tuning is simple. It's a huge liability for the customer to ruin their bike and blame it on the tune. This eliminates that option and there's probably .2% of ducati owners that are actually tuning these bikes themselves with individual EGT's (the only proper way to do it due to cylinder to cylinder variance). The tunes you mentioned have to be done by the owner and it cost quite a bit to tune correctly.

Bricking ECU? Maybe you can explain how that happens on a continental. Even with file corruption the ECU can easily be saved with another write. Pretty basic stuff. Feel free to send me your ecu so I can help you out. I'll get it working again for you. Free of charge.

I'm confused why "Ed" would buy a brentuning flash if he's so firmly against it.
teh1337ftw is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 01:29 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 976
Thanks: 610

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by teh1337ftw View Post
Ed is the cover and so is "rogue", it's all shiv and we know there was never any intention of posting a comparison that doesn't exist so shame on you for lying to people here about that. Not one person has the stock dump from the ECU. The only people that call it a "bin" is a woolich user. Woolich couldn't get a file off a handheld or an ECU.

When you say "only company" you forget about Ducati, Akra, Termi, the list goes on with canned tunes. Nothing wrong with a canned tune and if you really want to go crazy, Log your EGT's and they will adjust the AFR. Pretty easy to understand. The reason why the big companies don't allow self-tuning is simple. It's a huge liability for the customer to ruin their bike and blame it on the tune. This eliminates that option and there's probably .2% of ducati owners that are actually tuning these bikes themselves with individual EGT's (the only proper way to do it due to cylinder to cylinder variance). The tunes you mentioned have to be done by the owner and it cost quite a bit to tune correctly.

Bricking ECU? Maybe you can explain how that happens on a continental. Even with file corruption the ECU can easily be saved with another write. Pretty basic stuff. Feel free to send me your ecu so I can help you out. I'll get it working again for you. Free of charge.

I'm confused why "Ed" would buy a brentuning flash if he's so firmly against it.
I'm dying over here. Who am I a cover for? I've met quite a few of the forum members in person and they can tell you I have absolutely no hand in the bike business. What have I lied about? I never promised a comparison. I said I'll have to wait for Ed. I also never came on a forum with unfounded claims. I'm simply the guy pointing out that they seem to be a common trend with BT.

If guys want to spend $1300-$1600 on a canned tune when they can have better results from a $250 dyno tune then be my guest. Like you said, this is a forum meant to better the community. I'm simply pointing out the facts.

I don't know how you brick an ECU. I've never done it. Just one example where BT has:

https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums...ing-ecu-4.html

Hey Troy, why would I send you my ECU if you're just a happy customer? Your hole is getting deeper.
Rogue is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2019, 01:33 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 976
Thanks: 610

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by teh1337ftw View Post

I'm confused why "Ed" would buy a brentuning flash if he's so firmly against it.
Because he's one of many that bought it and and was unhappy with the results? I know for a fact that he's using a different fuel management program now.

You ever wonder why every BrenTuning thread ends up this way?
Rogue is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
brentuning, development, flash, talk, tech



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: apex race development 4 button switch 200$ Dwelch1889 Classifieds 2 Mar 24th 2018 07:53 AM
Will the development of the 1199 benefit under Audi ownership? duc Ducati 1199 31 Nov 1st 2012 02:45 AM
Parts for the 1199 - Development AntiHero Ducati 1199 14 Apr 6th 2012 01:56 PM
Tech talk after training with 187 hp at wheel? jsgcb Ducati 1199 0 Mar 29th 2012 03:08 PM
Ducati 1199 Development Video duc Ducati 1199 0 Nov 17th 2011 01:03 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed