Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree45Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 8th 2019, 06:18 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Los Alamitos, CA

Posts: 165
Thanks: 49

I Ride: 2018 V4S, 2017 R1M, 2016 S1000RR
Originally Posted by spaku440 View Post
Maybe everybody saw Speed Bugs video regarding the reason why he got rid of all 3 of his Ducati’s ....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I haven't seen it here and a rudimentary search didn't find it. You think one person's opinion caused everyone on the planet to panic?

San
oldmansan is offline  
 
Old Jun 8th 2019, 06:21 AM   #52
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: Shabbona

Posts: 21
Thanks: 2

I know we’re just texting so my intentions could be easily misconstrued .... meaning no harm. It and other vids on YouTube make me think twice about buying my 1st Italian bike. Check him out....The Speed Bug


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaku440 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 08:21 AM   #53
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Massachusetts

Posts: 90
Thanks: 34

You buy a Italian bike because you want something cool and different.
Obviously Ducati and Aprilia have a much better track record and reliability.
As for MV not much of a dealer network in the states. So a lot of us don't really know much about the brand.
Only time I have seen a current MV sportbike was at Daytona bike week.
Goshow1199 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 03:36 PM   #54
Member
 
Forthos's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Dallas, USA

Posts: 74
Thanks: 36

I Ride: 1299s, ZX14r 30th anv., 390 cup, R6 track, 899 track
If the question of resale value enters your mind at all, I urge you to NOT buy new. You will get absolutely slaughtered on resale.

I like to ride bikes a couple years & swap them out... (except for my beloved 899 track bike)

I’m on my 4th Duc & finally learned my lesson. 2018 Pikes Peak with low miles for 19k rather than the 30k(after fees) at the dealer.

I may buy a V4r next year when some princess decides to sell his with 600 miles on the clock. “FOR SALE: Just has first service done.” That happens like clockwork with these bikes.

The problem with “new & cool” today is that it’s old again in a year. I get sick of the rat race.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forthos is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 03:56 PM   #55
Member
 
Desmophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Salt Lake City

Posts: 78
Thanks: 41

I Ride: 2012 1199S ABS
Talking V4 it is, 2018 vs 2019

My beloved 2012 1199S is no more, we went down at the track twice in the last month, moderately long story but I'm Ok, but I need a new bike.
Looked at replacing with a used 1199 vs Aprilia 1100 rsv4 factory vs V4S/R.
I do road with a 900SS, which is fine. Don't need more than that for the street.
So new bike will be a replacement for track machine.
I don't race to pay the bills so the V4S with better midrange power and likely both S and R wheelie limited by electronics up to 100mph, it seems hard to justify the price difference for the R.
Several dealers have new 2018 V4S's for several thousand dollars less than new 2019's.
Tell me why I shouldn't get a 2018 and add the full Akrapovic exhast with the money saved, I love the sound
Is there a substantial difference between the 2018/19 V4S?
thanks, paul.
Desmophile is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 05:53 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Los Alamitos, CA

Posts: 165
Thanks: 49

I Ride: 2018 V4S, 2017 R1M, 2016 S1000RR
Originally Posted by Desmophile View Post
My beloved 2012 1199S is no more, we went down at the track twice in the last month, moderately long story but I'm Ok, but I need a new bike.
Looked at replacing with a used 1199 vs Aprilia 1100 rsv4 factory vs V4S/R.
I do road with a 900SS, which is fine. Don't need more than that for the street.
So new bike will be a replacement for track machine.
I don't race to pay the bills so the V4S with better midrange power and likely both S and R wheelie limited by electronics up to 100mph, it seems hard to justify the price difference for the R.
Several dealers have new 2018 V4S's for several thousand dollars less than new 2019's.
Tell me why I shouldn't get a 2018 and add the full Akrapovic exhast with the money saved, I love the sound
Is there a substantial difference between the 2018/19 V4S?
thanks, paul.
No difference I know of between the 2018/19 V4S, except maybe the recall work is already done? Don't count on it.

San
oldmansan is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 06:04 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Los Alamitos, CA

Posts: 165
Thanks: 49

I Ride: 2018 V4S, 2017 R1M, 2016 S1000RR
Originally Posted by spaku440 View Post
I know we’re just texting so my intentions could be easily misconstrued .... meaning no harm. It and other vids on YouTube make me think twice about buying my 1st Italian bike. Check him out....The Speed Bug


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No offense meant and none taken by me.

The V4S is my first Italian. She's pricey, fast and beautiful, but I certainly understand being on the fence. I read the reviews and jumped on one fairly quickly.

San
oldmansan is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2019, 09:34 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: NA

Posts: 249
Thanks: 42

Originally Posted by Desmophile View Post
My beloved 2012 1199S is no more, we went down at the track twice in the last month, moderately long story but I'm Ok, but I need a new bike.
Looked at replacing with a used 1199 vs Aprilia 1100 rsv4 factory vs V4S/R.
I do road with a 900SS, which is fine. Don't need more than that for the street.
So new bike will be a replacement for track machine.
I don't race to pay the bills so the V4S with better midrange power and likely both S and R wheelie limited by electronics up to 100mph, it seems hard to justify the price difference for the R.
Several dealers have new 2018 V4S's for several thousand dollars less than new 2019's.
Tell me why I shouldn't get a 2018 and add the full Akrapovic exhast with the money saved, I love the sound
Is there a substantial difference between the 2018/19 V4S?
thanks, paul.
Honestly, if its a track bike, save the money and buy the base and get the suspension and wheels that are way nicer for the same money.
spinkick is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2019, 04:34 AM   #59
007
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 266
Thanks: 58

Originally Posted by Goshow1199 View Post
You buy a Italian bike because you want something cool and different.
Obviously Ducati and Aprilia have a much better track record and reliability.
As for MV not much of a dealer network in the states. So a lot of us don't really know much about the brand.
Only time I have seen a current MV sportbike was at Daytona bike week.

MV does have much of a dealer network anywhere lol.
007 is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2019, 05:04 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Los Alamitos, CA

Posts: 165
Thanks: 49

I Ride: 2018 V4S, 2017 R1M, 2016 S1000RR
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
MV does not have much of a dealer network anywhere lol.
Fixed that for you.

San
oldmansan is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
thoughts



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts of a fat man. Southwest Ducati 1299 14 Aug 14th 2017 05:16 PM
Thoughts on This? Gunny Fitz Motorcycle Talk 11 Sep 13th 2013 05:01 PM
Second thoughts.. 1198freak Ducati 1199 42 May 19th 2012 08:37 PM
Thoughts on ABS SoonerNation Ducati 1199 24 Apr 2nd 2012 06:19 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed