Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th 2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 284
Thanks: 66

Track days turning off head lights and tail lights

Guys how are you shutting off your lights when at track days? Unplugging or a fuse?
Thanks from The Avidmoto
Somefun is offline  
 
Old May 28th 2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Memphis Tn

Posts: 120
Thanks: 35

Fuse gets taillights, haven't figured out headlights yet
Keith197 is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: TX

Posts: 989
Thanks: 613

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
I just throw some trak tape on them and call it a day since they have to be taped anyway.

www.trakbrand.com
Rogue is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 03:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 284
Thanks: 66

Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I just throw some trak tape on them and call it a day since they have to be taped anyway.

www.trakbrand.com
Yeah that might be the ticket. On my ZX10R I can just pull the fuses and be done with it. Real easy to do. Wish I could on this lady.
Somefun is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 03:50 PM   #5
Member
 
shigeru's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2019
From: San Diego

Posts: 75
Thanks: 11

I Ride: 2017 Suzuki GSXR-1000 : 2019 Ducati V4R
On my V4, there are 2 screws that hold the seat down. Pull up the rear corners and unscrew and remove seat. On the left side under the seat, there are 2 connectors, 1 of them is for the tail/brake lights, unplug and you are good to go.

For the headlights, I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to disable.
shigeru is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 06:23 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2019
From: San Francisco

Posts: 14
Thanks: 11

trak tape works well when you are stock, but if you have any eliminators installed they don't fit well.

Best solution I can imagine is a roll of black gaff tape (doesn't leave residue) and a pair of scissors. I can tape up my bike in under 10 minutes and it looks much much better than trak tape.
chop is offline  
Old May 29th 2019, 05:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 284
Thanks: 66

Originally Posted by shigeru View Post
On my V4, there are 2 screws that hold the seat down. Pull up the rear corners and unscrew and remove seat. On the left side under the seat, there are 2 connectors, 1 of them is for the tail/brake lights, unplug and you are good to go.

For the headlights, I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to disable.
do you have any codes going off when they are unplugged? I unplugged my tail lights on my 1290 Super Duke and had a light going off.
Somefun is offline  
Old May 29th 2019, 05:09 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Connecticut

Posts: 284
Thanks: 66

Originally Posted by chop View Post
trak tape works well when you are stock, but if you have any eliminators installed they don't fit well.

Best solution I can imagine is a roll of black gaff tape (doesn't leave residue) and a pair of scissors. I can tape up my bike in under 10 minutes and it looks much much better than trak tape.
yeah that's what I will do on the head lights and then see if I can unplug the tail lights without any warning lights going off on the dash.
Somefun is offline  
Old May 29th 2019, 05:53 AM   #9
Member
 
shigeru's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2019
From: San Diego

Posts: 75
Thanks: 11

I Ride: 2017 Suzuki GSXR-1000 : 2019 Ducati V4R
Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
do you have any codes going off when they are unplugged? I unplugged my tail lights on my 1290 Super Duke and had a light going off.
I didnít notice any. I was due for my 630 mile service so that light was on.
shigeru is offline  
Old May 29th 2019, 07:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: California

Posts: 279
Thanks: 55

I Ride: Motorcycles
There are no codes but you will get a light on the dash. You can get a plug from Ducati Omaha to keep that from happening.

Last edited by Desmolvr; May 29th 2019 at 05:11 PM.
Desmolvr is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
days, head, lights, tail, track, turning



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Better head lights for 1299 base? RexD Ducati 1299 3 Jan 29th 2017 10:43 AM
Integrated tail lights - Low inventory DavidS Ducati 1299 18 Nov 27th 2015 06:35 PM
Tail Lights Help DKnowles New Users 4 Nov 3rd 2014 07:30 AM
Integrated tail lights Marcoma Mechanical and Technical 1 Oct 30th 2012 03:25 AM
Headlights and tail lights DertyMoJo Ducati 1199 29 Jul 18th 2012 05:06 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed