Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree97Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 16th 2019, 07:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Memphis Tn

Posts: 134
Thanks: 41

This isn't a superbike shootout. Superbike is a racing class and only the bmw qualifies. This is cherry picking an optioned out BMW vs a midrange Duc as they always do. Take each manufacturers superbike homologated motorcycle and test them, results would be quite different.
Keith197 is offline  
 
Old Jun 17th 2019, 05:04 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: So Cal

Posts: 615
Thanks: 170

I Ride: No More Grom..Given to TOBTEK
Originally Posted by Keith197 View Post
This isn't a superbike shootout. Superbike is a racing class and only the bmw qualifies. This is cherry picking an optioned out BMW vs a midrange Duc as they always do. Take each manufacturers superbike homologated motorcycle and test them, results would be quite different.
Huh?? 30k V4S and 25K RSV4 1100 Factory. Aprilia already set faster time than V4R at Mugello...

Last edited by jpanigale; Jun 17th 2019 at 05:07 AM.
jpanigale is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 05:54 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,506
Thanks: 2014

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2019 Vespa GTS Sold 2012 1199 S 2007 zx10r and zx6r
Originally Posted by Keith197 View Post
This isn't a superbike shootout. Superbike is a racing class and only the bmw qualifies. This is cherry picking an optioned out BMW vs a midrange Duc as they always do. Take each manufacturers superbike homologated motorcycle and test them, results would be quite different.
mid range duc are you serious? the bmw isnt even 25k. say what you want about looks or whatever else but when you can get the bmw and a gsxr or r1m for cheaper than the v4r with exhaust there is a problem.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 06:14 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,518
Thanks: 1532

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
There is NO problem.

There are buyers for all kinds of bikes as well as cars. You can get a GT-R and an exhaust for less than half the price of other cars that are slower than the GT-R. So if Nissan has figured that out, why hasn't the exotic vehicle manufacturers figured out how to beat godzilla at a similar price point? Because they don't give a shit. Same as Ducati. They don't give a shit about cost. Majority of top name manufacturers have a loyal following and the idea of exclusivity and rarity when compared to other brands. That's enough for them to make money and stay in business. Ducati has always been expensive, even when compared to other exotic brands. Look at MV Agusta. They're even more rare and just as if not more expensive. Even though they're barely hangin on, they're still selling and aren't interested in targeting the below 15k market. Their F4 RC is almost 50k.
Thanks from Phl, Twistedracer, lamb00j and 1 others
double0 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 06:24 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,506
Thanks: 2014

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2019 Vespa GTS Sold 2012 1199 S 2007 zx10r and zx6r
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
There is NO problem.

There are buyers for all kinds of bikes as well as cars. You can get a GT-R and an exhaust for less than half the price of other cars that are slower than the GT-R. So if Nissan has figured that out, why hasn't the exotic vehicle manufacturers figured out how to beat godzilla at a similar price point? Because they don't give a shit. Same as Ducati. They don't give a shit about cost. Majority of top name manufacturers have a loyal following and the idea of exclusivity and rarity when compared to other brands. That's enough for them to make money and stay in business. Ducati has always been expensive, even when compared to other exotic brands. Look at MV Agusta. They're even more rare and just as if not more expensive. Even though they're barely hangin on, they're still selling and aren't interested in targeting the below 15k market. Their F4 RC is almost 50k.
you are right there is no problem with this shootout.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 06:31 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,518
Thanks: 1532

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
Didn't say anything about this shootout. Personally I don't really care which magazines say this n that, what bike is actually better or faster since none of those reasons factor into my decision to purchasing bikes or cars. I responded to your comment about price and there being a problem.
double0 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 08:47 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
lamb00j's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Orlando

Posts: 373
Thanks: 120

I Ride: 19 V4R '13 1199
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
mid range duc are you serious? the bmw isnt even 25k. say what you want about looks or whatever else but when you can get the bmw and a gsxr or r1m for cheaper than the v4r with exhaust there is a problem.
I don't think this 'shoot out' was based on price, at least they didnt seem to make it based on price.

They took the bike they deemed best for 2018, and put it up against the new BMW M, that is what this 'shoot out' was based on. IF they wanted to go do this with the best each manufacture had to offer, they would not have used the V4S, hence why someone said it was the mid level duc in the line up. Had nothing to do with pricing.
lamb00j is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 09:31 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Rhode Island

Posts: 134
Thanks: 25

I Ride: 2015 1299
Originally Posted by lamb00j View Post
I don't think this 'shoot out' was based on price, at least they didnt seem to make it based on price.

They took the bike they deemed best for 2018, and put it up against the new BMW M, that is what this 'shoot out' was based on. IF they wanted to go do this with the best each manufacture had to offer, they would not have used the V4S, hence why someone said it was the mid level duc in the line up. Had nothing to do with pricing.
Correct but bang for the buck, comfort and performance Ducati is in trouble... I'm jumping to M-spec Bmw and can't wait!!!

I'm not spending 27K for V4S and worry about oil leaks, recalls and 1500$ major service

Ciao
tifosi1299 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 09:39 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
lamb00j's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Orlando

Posts: 373
Thanks: 120

I Ride: 19 V4R '13 1199
Originally Posted by tifosi1299 View Post
Correct but bang for the buck, comfort and performance Ducati is in trouble... I'm jumping to M-spec Bmw and can't wait!!!

I'm not spending 27K for V4S and worry about oil leaks, recalls and 1500$ major service

Ciao
lol ducati has never been the best bang for your buck. that would lead to Kawi, yamaha or suzuki, those bikes offer the best bang for your buck.

Ducati isnt for everyone, and its clearly not the best bike on the market, nor is the BMW, but its a great time to have options and be able to pick. I prefer the V4R, i love it. Its hot as hell, but it rids like a 600 and loves to keep pulling. I wouldnt trade it for anything. only thing i hear about the M is the brake fade and the stiff no padding seat (and the TPMS acting up). But these are first world problems to say the least lol
Thanks from Mrdcook2
lamb00j is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2019, 09:45 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
gnance's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Juneau, AK

Posts: 796
Thanks: 345

I Ride: Motorcycles
Is it just me or does anyone else kind of think the old s1000rr with the asymmetry was better looking than the new bike? Controversial to many, but I kind of liked it and it gave it character. The new BMW looks like any ol Japanese bike now. Great engine for sure great bang for the buck but aesthetically uninspired and kind of cheap looking.

Honestly the hp4 is beautiful

Last edited by gnance; Jun 17th 2019 at 09:48 AM.
gnance is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
1100, mcn, rsv4, s1000rr, shootout, v4s



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati V4S vs Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory (Part 1: Dyno) shiv happens Ducati V4 20 Apr 24th 2019 08:52 PM
V4s v rsv 1100 v s1000rr 2019 Veteran Ducati V4 33 Dec 10th 2018 03:43 AM
DYNO Panigale V4 vs S1000RR vs 1299 vs RSV4 mito22 Ducati V4 1 Jan 6th 2018 10:46 AM
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S Anniversario vs S1000RR, RSV4 RF, R1 & ZX10R | SMACKDOWN! NorCalDuke Ducati 1299 33 Nov 30th 2016 03:19 PM
Motorcyclist Mag Panigale S v RSV4 v S1000rr v FR4 Shootout jjmontesanto Ducati 1199 23 May 24th 2012 02:33 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed