Go Back   Ducati Forum > Regions > East Coast

East Coast Rides and Meetups in the East Coast region of the United States


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 15th 2012, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
fireman1251's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Canada

Posts: 1,217
Thanks: 344

I Ride: '15 1299 Base, '15 R1, '16 Arctic Cat ZR8000RR
East Coast riding

Got a 2 week vacation coming up and been thinking of trailoring the Pani and my wife's Can-Am somewhere on the East Coast.

Any ideas where one can find the best mix of beaches and riding areas?
fireman1251 is offline  
 
Old Jun 15th 2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
lsberrios1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Atlanta

Posts: 186
Thanks: 5

Originally Posted by fireman1251 View Post
Got a 2 week vacation coming up and been thinking of trailoring the Pani and my wife's Can-Am somewhere on the East Coast.

Any ideas where one can find the best mix of beaches and riding areas?
I dont think the east coast has the two of them together unlike the west coast. Here its either mountains or beach. Id recommend take a trip up blueridge and smokey mountains from GA to VA.
lsberrios1 is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Roads

Yeah, the Skyline Drive area in Blue Ridge mountains is sweet and scenic, and if surther south then the Tail of The Dragon ride on this link here. I still have not done this one myself and I live in VA.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Last edited by Gunny Fitz; Jun 15th 2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: link
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
lsberrios1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Atlanta

Posts: 186
Thanks: 5

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Yeah, the Skyline Drive area in Blue Ridge mountains is sweet and scenic, and if surther south then the Tail of The Dragon ride on this link here. I still have not done this one myself and I live in VA.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.
The dragon is good just make sure to go on a day other than a weekend day because traffic and police are really hectic then. Go on a weekday and try cherohalla skyway as well. That one is a load of fun.
lsberrios1 is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gman74's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Julington Creek, FL

Posts: 654
Thanks: 127

I Ride: 2016 Aprilia Factory Tuono
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Yeah, the Skyline Drive area in Blue Ridge mountains is sweet and scenic, and if surther south then the Tail of The Dragon ride on this link here. I still have not done this one myself and I live in VA.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.
Gunny you will have to make one of my spring trips. We have a group that's mostly military that goes every spring and sometimes fall.
Once you go, you will never have fun on another road. (unless you have a bad experience with traffic/cops/posers/cars/trailers/or any other kind of idiot)
The Gap and track days are my reasons to own a Superbike. Also the campfire bantering is quite amusing too!!!

To sum up fireman1251, go to the GAP. I promise you'll have fun. Try the weekdays if possible. It's less traffic. If you can't avoid the weekend, just get an early start or a quite late afternoon/evening ride.
gman74 is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Sweet!

Originally Posted by gman74 View Post
Gunny you will have to make one of my spring trips. We have a group that's mostly military that goes every spring and sometimes fall.
Once you go, you will never have fun on another road. (unless you have a bad experience with traffic/cops/posers/cars/trailers/or any other kind of idiot)
The Gap and track days are my reasons to own a Superbike. Also the campfire bantering is quite amusing too!!!

To sum up fireman1251, go to the GAP. I promise you'll have fun. Try the weekdays if possible. It's less traffic. If you can't avoid the weekend, just get an early start or a quite late afternoon/evening ride.
Count me in bro! Hey when were you going in for your service again? I was just down there this am! My buddy picked up his new S and I hauled it back to NOVA on my truck. Amazingly the place was nearly empty today. Thought you said you were going today man?
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Retired
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: ga

Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 384

You guys need to come to the Ducati.ms forum s annual east coast meet at fontana lodge by deals gap. Lots of ducs there. It's every May.

Keep an eye in the ducati ms forum for the announcement, think they'll put a sticky up in November
zvez is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
gman74's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Julington Creek, FL

Posts: 654
Thanks: 127

I Ride: 2016 Aprilia Factory Tuono
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Count me in bro! Hey when were you going in for your service again? I was just down there this am! My buddy picked up his new S and I hauled it back to NOVA on my truck. Amazingly the place was nearly empty today. Thought you said you were going today man?
Sorry to hijack this thread fireman...

Gunny, yes I did tell you I was going this weekend. I got sucked into helping a buddy replace the seals on his ZX7 shocks. I never got to call Dave to schedule the work. "Nearly empty..." Damn it those ZX7 shocks. I guess he really does owe me big for helping him, lol. Hopefully this next weekend then.
gman74 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Regions > East Coast

Tags
coast, east, riding



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Riding Jacket?? SoonerNation Ducati 1199 17 May 7th 2012 12:56 PM
Full Termi's / Riding Position Review Theefiveoh Ducati 1199 4 May 1st 2012 06:53 AM
Riding Modes PaddockStand Mechanical and Technical 27 Mar 19th 2012 02:57 AM
Bike accidents, and still riding? Genuinekid Motorcycle Talk 10 Feb 9th 2012 05:55 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed