Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Gear Motorcycle Gear Forum - For motorcycle riding gear


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 04:36 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,661
Thanks: 976

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
i used to ride in 20s during winter. If you can go buy a thin down jacket from anywhere and wear that under your riding jacket. it makes a world of difference. It keeps warm heat insulated under the jacket.
youngR is offline  
 
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 08:02 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
cmh210's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Wichita Falls, Tx

Posts: 370
Thanks: 157

I Ride: red 2015 Multistrada
Originally Posted by youngR View Post
i used to ride in 20s during winter. If you can go buy a thin down jacket from anywhere and wear that under your riding jacket. it makes a world of difference. It keeps warm heat insulated under the jacket.
+1 Its not so much the jacket as it is layers. I have a lot of experience riding in the cold. You will want at the very least 3 layers on your upper body and about 2 layers on the legs. Get warm socks for the feet. A good pair of heated gloves will go a long way. Thick gloves will only keep your hands warm for so long, especially if your grips are not heated. And, finally a ski mask under your helmet. That should get you pretty comfortable.
Thanks from youngR
cmh210 is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 08:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,661
Thanks: 976

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by cmh210 View Post
+1 Its not so much the jacket as it is layers. I have a lot of experience riding in the cold. You will want at the very least 3 layers on your upper body and about 2 layers on the legs. Get warm socks for the feet. A good pair of heated gloves will go a long way. Thick gloves will only keep your hands warm for so long, especially if your grips are not heated. And, finally a ski mask under your helmet. That should get you pretty comfortable.
Yup yup. Exactly.

I wore thermal pants (i call it waffles pants) like the ones you sleep with under the main paints and a gortex overpants.

Hands are probably hardest to keep warm but with heated gloves, that will solve that.
youngR is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 08:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,599
Thanks: 1172

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by cmh210 View Post
+1 Its not so much the jacket as it is layers. I have a lot of experience riding in the cold. You will want at the very least 3 layers on your upper body and about 2 layers on the legs. Get warm socks for the feet. A good pair of heated gloves will go a long way. Thick gloves will only keep your hands warm for so long, especially if your grips are not heated. And, finally a ski mask under your helmet. That should get you pretty comfortable.
I just bought another bike and it has heated grips. Looking forward to seeing how my hands are in winter.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Jan 4th 2017, 07:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
cmh210's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Wichita Falls, Tx

Posts: 370
Thanks: 157

I Ride: red 2015 Multistrada
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
I just bought another bike and it has heated grips. Looking forward to seeing how my hands are in winter.
Heated grips are awesome as long as they work halfway decent. A heated seat is awesome too. You laugh at first, but then after using it you realize it really does help. It helps to keep a little bit of your legs warm, kinda like the Pani does in the summer!
cmh210 is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2017, 10:59 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 198
Thanks: 39

Originally Posted by Wallaroo View Post
I have one of these and it is great, due to the removable thermal liner.

https://amsducati.com/ducati-corse-tex-2-jacket
Is the fit more like slim or regular?I am afraid that I might look on the bike like balloon if it is more regular fit.
maska321 is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2017, 01:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Wallaroo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Australia

Posts: 977
Thanks: 342

I Ride: Every Ducati I can get my hands on
Originally Posted by maska321 View Post
Is the fit more like slim or regular?I am afraid that I might look on the bike like balloon if it is more regular fit.
Mine fits me quite well, I have just enough room to fit a warmer top if need be.

So i would say it is slim fit, but not so slim like my leather jacket.....Hope that helps
Wallaroo is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2017, 01:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 198
Thanks: 39

Thanks for info. Still taking into consideration D. C3 tex and C3 leather jacket.
maska321 is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2017, 02:37 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Wallaroo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Australia

Posts: 977
Thanks: 342

I Ride: Every Ducati I can get my hands on
Originally Posted by maska321 View Post
Thanks for info. Still taking into consideration D. C3 tex and C3 leather jacket.
I have the C3 Corse leather jacket as well, nice jacket. Gets pretty hot in it where I live.
Dont know if it is warm enough for your winter though. The gortex one is higher around the neck and longer.
Wallaroo is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2017, 02:40 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 198
Thanks: 39

Originally Posted by Wallaroo View Post
I have the C3 Corse leather jacket as well, nice jacket. Gets pretty hot in it where I live.

Dont know if it is warm enough for your winter though.


So if you have to choose one which one would you go for cold weather like 50-55deg Fahrenheit and some rain?Which one is more universal for you c2 Tex or C3 leather?
maska321 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Tags
cold, jacket, panigale, weather



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hand Guards For Cold Weather Riding (Barkbusters, Acebris, etc) RubberSideDown Ducati 1299 14 Jan 9th 2017 02:03 PM
Cold Weather Package ecobully Ducati 1199 2 May 12th 2016 10:29 AM
Cold Weather Gear options Trauma Gear 14 Nov 22nd 2014 11:11 AM
Cold Weather Storage MacaveliMC Mechanical and Technical 20 Apr 4th 2013 01:40 PM
Clear wet-weather jacket/pants 99DUC Gear 2 Jan 11th 2013 05:33 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed