Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Gear (http://ducatiforum.com/gear/)
-   -   Picked up Ducati Corse Suit (http://ducatiforum.com/gear/27798-picked-up-ducati-corse-suit.html)

Twistedracer Feb 18th 2017 09:37 PM

Picked up Ducati Corse Suit
 
I normally get my track suits made by Z Custom Racing Leathers as of the rack just doesn't fit me.
Looking at the suits hanging at one of my Duc dealers I decided to try one on to get an idea what size was close for me. Dianese makes this suit and I was very pleasantly surprised that the size 52 that I tried on fit perfectly. Even better they let me have it for $400 below the retail price on it. If all Dianese 52's fit me this way I won't be needing custom fitting anymore.

I also picked up a new pair of gloves while I was there. It fits me better than my old Dianese mediums. Just gave them a close look tonight and was surprised that they were made by Spidi not Dianese. I wonder how these will hold up.

I also ordered a pair of Sidi Mag 1 boots. I've been needing all new track gear as mine are pretty old. This was the year to renew the leathers.

So big question is if this now makes me a douche since the leathers and gloves are Ducati branded? My Arai is the Doohan replica and the Sidi's will be white and black.

flobrandx Feb 18th 2017 09:51 PM

Hahaaaa, no a suit doesn't make you a douche. The person inside the suit can be a douche and I don't believe you qualify.

youngR Feb 18th 2017 10:00 PM

People who say or think wearing Ducati stuff have some insecurity issue. Who cares. Wear what you want.

I actually think Ducati / Dainese is very smart and good deal. Ducati suits have BETTER Graphics, has newest technology (almost) and better Price!

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f3&oe=590092BB

bradp51 Feb 18th 2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twistedracer (Post 273487)
I normally get my track suits made by Z Custom Racing Leathers as of the rack just doesn't fit me.
Looking at the suits hanging at one of my Duc dealers I decided to try one on to get an idea what size was close for me. Dianese makes this suit and I was very pleasantly surprised that the size 52 that I tried on fit perfectly. Even better they let me have it for $400 below the retail price on it. If all Dianese 52's fit me this way I won't be needing custom fitting anymore.

I also picked up a new pair of gloves while I was there. It fits me better than my old Dianese mediums. Just gave them a close look tonight and was surprised that they were made by Spidi not Dianese. I wonder how these will hold up.

I also ordered a pair of Sidi Mag 1 boots. I've been needing all new track gear as mine are pretty old. This was the year to renew the leathers.

So big question is if this now makes me a douche since the leathers and gloves are Ducati branded? My Arai is the Doohan replica and the Sidi's will be white and black.

You will like the Mag 1 I have those. Great boots.

Wear what you want, who cares.

I bought the Valentino Rossi Dainese replica jacket just in case I go for a ride with my mate Mark on the forum here. I know he will love it. LOL

Twistedracer Feb 18th 2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flobrandx (Post 273488)
Hahaaaa, no a suit doesn't make you a douche. The person inside the suit can be a douche and I don't believe you qualify.

Your too kind Flo :D

Twistedracer Feb 18th 2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngR (Post 273490)
People who say or think wearing Ducati stuff have some insecurity issue. Who cares. Wear what you want.

I actually think Ducati / Dainese is very smart and good deal. Ducati suits have BETTER Graphics, has newest technology (almost) and better Price!

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f3&oe=590092BB

Looking good.
Is this suit supposed to be worn over the boots or either way?

Twistedracer Feb 18th 2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradp51 (Post 273491)
You will like the Mag 1 I have those. Great boots.

Wear what you want, who cares.

I bought the Valentino Rossi Dainese replica jacket just in case I go for a ride with my mate Mark on the forum here. I know he will love it. LOL

Oh Mark is going to love you even more lol

My boots are pretty old. They were still the Vertebrae Race. But man they fit me the best. Turned me into a Sidi fan.

Twistedracer Feb 18th 2017 10:37 PM

This suit just fit nice. I had to sit on the new Ducati 1499 Stealth R. 250 hp, 300 lbs dry weight, 400 mm unobtanium brake rotors. That stealth paint job is awesome.

Suit cost me $1,299.99 Plus tax. I thought that was a great deal.


http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...E52ECF6AE1.jpg

youngR Feb 18th 2017 11:02 PM

It can either way. Technically it is not made that way but it works fine. I prefer IN boots. It is more comfortable for me.

I just put the "female" end of Velcro on the boots. New suit like Misano has female Velcro inside on the legs.

$1300 is a steal. You can't get Any Dainese suits that can match what you get for that price!

double0 Feb 18th 2017 11:04 PM

That pose looks like you're expecting a visit from PA's good ol friend ARSE....

I heard he loves that suit!

��


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.