Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Gear Motorcycle Gear Forum - For motorcycle riding gear


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: North Potomac, MD - U.S.A.

Posts: 83
Thanks: 5

I Ride: 2008 848, 2014 Monster 796, 2012 Multistrada 1200 ST, 2015 Panigale 1299 'G' / Special Final Edition
Dainese Mugello / Misano suit

Hi, I just got a Dainese Mugello R D-air suit at a very good price from Italy. BUT I cannot find the interior plug to charge the system. It may be the same location as for the Misano suit. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks in advance, Gianni
gzanini is offline  
 
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oregon

Posts: 1,121
Thanks: 727

No idea, but are you aware that if you set that thing off you have to send it back to Italy to repair? USA Dainese will not repair foreign purchased suits.
shakazulu12 is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2018, 02:14 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Denver

Posts: 4
Thanks: 5

The charge port is on the inside of the suit at the top of neck area with a snap button. Unsnap that and on the inside is another liner with a short zipper that goes feet to neck- wise. Unzip that from bottom to top and the port is there. This is hard to find as is the bottom of the zipper,it is not super convenient but safe from tampering. It is NOT within the OUTside hump that zipper has no handle and if you unzip it you will void the suit and it has to be sent back to Dainese to get serviced. Hope this helps, I love mine.
jwsdmdmd is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2018, 03:40 PM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: North Potomac, MD - U.S.A.

Posts: 83
Thanks: 5

I Ride: 2008 848, 2014 Monster 796, 2012 Multistrada 1200 ST, 2015 Panigale 1299 'G' / Special Final Edition
Thank you thank you thank you, Jwsdmdmd! I found the port only thanks to your post. The manual is useless to help locate it!

As for the case of setting it off and having Dainese to repair it, I am not sure at all that Dainese won't repair it in the USA. How do you know that, Shakazulu12? Has anyone tested that in real life? That was true only before Dainese started selling these D-Air suits in the U.S.A. Now that they are, I believe that they will repair any legit suit purchased anywhere in the world. But in any case, I go back and forth to Italy every 4-6 months and if necessary I can stop by within two months on one of my business trips to Africa...So the savings of buying it without the 22% VAT from my trusted and trusting local Dainese Pro Shop in my home town outweighs any possible inconvenience of having to take it back to Italy for repair.
gzanini is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2018, 08:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 477
Thanks: 152

Originally Posted by gzanini View Post
Thank you thank you thank you, Jwsdmdmd! I found the port only thanks to your post. The manual is useless to help locate it!

As for the case of setting it off and having Dainese to repair it, I am not sure at all that Dainese won't repair it in the USA. How do you know that, Shakazulu12? Has anyone tested that in real life? That was true only before Dainese started selling these D-Air suits in the U.S.A. Now that they are, I believe that they will repair any legit suit purchased anywhere in the world. But in any case, I go back and forth to Italy every 4-6 months and if necessary I can stop by within two months on one of my business trips to Africa...So the savings of buying it without the 22% VAT from my trusted and trusting local Dainese Pro Shop in my home town outweighs any possible inconvenience of having to take it back to Italy for repair.
Yes there are a number of cases of this. Its very common world wide.

Even in Australia, its the same, you get told to send it to the place you brought it from. (there is only one distributor here and they keep good records and wont touch anything they dont sell)

Friends of mine have had to sent it back to italy or the USA for replacement each time.

But TBH, if you crash and set of airbag, your proly going to be waiting for parts to fix bike anyway.

SO DONT CRASH!
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 05:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: US

Posts: 112
Thanks: 12

If u don’t crash u don’t need airbag suit.
Val213 is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 05:22 PM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 37
Thanks: 7

I Ride: 2015 1299S
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jwsdmdmd View Post
It is NOT within the OUTside hump that zipper has no handle and if you unzip it you will void the suit and it has to be sent back to Dainese to get serviced. Hope this
I was told from my dealer that unzipping the hump from the exterior will not void the warranty or support. I used to have the misano (saved me in 2 crashes) and it was true that you couldn’t unzip the hump and if you did there was a safety that would rip and you would void the warranty and support, but apparently that’s not the case with the mugello d-air suit.
Stavro is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2019, 05:39 AM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 37
Thanks: 7

I Ride: 2015 1299S
Originally Posted by gzanini View Post
Hi, I just got a Dainese Mugello R D-air suit at a very good price from Italy. BUT I cannot find the interior plug to charge the system. It may be the same location as for the Misano suit. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks in advance, Gianni


Btw, have you been using the hydration pack that comes with the suit? Am I missing something bc itís massive surgery every time you need to fill it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stavro is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Gear

Tags
dainese, misano, mugello, suit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dainese D Air Racing Misano Perforated One-Piece Leather Motorcycle Suit moto Motowheels 0 May 3rd 2017 03:21 PM
Dainese D Air Racing Misano Perforated One-Piece Leather Motorcycle Suit moto Motowheels 0 Mar 1st 2017 07:09 AM
Dainese D Air Racing Misano Perforated One-Piece Leather Motorcycle Suit moto Motowheels 0 Oct 13th 2016 05:39 PM
DAINESE D Air Racing Misano Perforated One-Piece Leather Suit moto Motowheels 0 Jul 8th 2016 09:20 AM
Dainese D Air Racing Misano Perforated One-Piece Leather Motorcycle Suit moto Motowheels 0 Dec 28th 2015 07:49 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed