Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:07 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 215
Thanks: 45

Originally Posted by Tyler1199 View Post
let me know how it goes getting the subframe off due to the wires and such.- I plan on ordering everything and doing it when it gets here just in case it takes longer than expected.


BTW here is this. I'm sure youll need it

http://www.trausoft.com/photo/Ducati/BoltTorques.pdf


Also why did you get the internal? i cant even tell what it really does? Its a circle piece at the top of the valve cover? Why is it there/why would it need to be replace?
I got it because it was cheap and it's for the spark plug area. I've had the subframe off entirely when I first got the bike last April. I was changing out the big exhaust heat shield and chasing a wiring gremlin; ended up replacing the rear loom. Still, super easy to take off and leave all the fairings still on.

Originally Posted by Ducduc09 View Post
tb1215?
Yessir.
DLIT is offline  
 
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:09 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 215
Thanks: 45



When I removed the subframe. Looks freaky.
DLIT is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:48 AM   #33
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Pacific beach

Posts: 54
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2013 1199 base
Looks cool! Do you leave the black covers off the engine or did you just take them off? I was wondering if it would help it cool-off but I guess our legs would catch the heat...
Ducduc09 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:53 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Tyler1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Indiana

Posts: 358
Thanks: 69

Originally Posted by Ducduc09 View Post
Looks cool! Do you leave the black covers off the engine or did you just take them off? I was wondering if it would help it cool-off but I guess our legs would catch the heat...
thats really preference. Some people say it feels better- some say their legs get hotter but ass and balls feel better haha. I like the looks both ways but will prolly just keep mine on. I've spent so much money on my bike recently or i would jump on carbon heat guards.

You've done all that and you havent removed that damn charcoal canister? get rid of that thing!

Last edited by Tyler1199; Mar 22nd 2016 at 10:56 AM.
Tyler1199 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:59 AM   #35
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Pacific beach

Posts: 54
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2013 1199 base
Originally Posted by Tyler1199 View Post
thats really preference. Some people say it feels better- some say their legs get hotter but ass and balls feel better haha. I like the looks both ways but will prolly just keep mine on. I've spent so much money on my bike recently or i would jump on carbon heat guards.

You've done all that and you havent removed that damn charcoal canister? get rid of that thing!
Thank! I'll removing the charcoal canister during the service as well. I might try coverless for a bit.
Ducduc09 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:07 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 215
Thanks: 45

Originally Posted by Tyler1199 View Post
thats really preference. Some people say it feels better- some say their legs get hotter but ass and balls feel better haha. I like the looks both ways but will prolly just keep mine on. I've spent so much money on my bike recently or i would jump on carbon heat guards.

You've done all that and you havent removed that damn charcoal canister? get rid of that thing!
That pic was last April. Removed the canister this past winter! Changed out a bunch of crap on it since I bought it. Most importantly those tacky grips and reservoirs! Best upgrade I've done to date? Putting an 899/1299 seat on there. SOOOO much better.
DLIT is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:09 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Shreveport, LA

Posts: 215
Thanks: 45

I was contemplating going without the shields too. Perhaps I'll leave them off after this job. I feel the heat but I don't think it's THAT bad as people say. I'm usually all leathered up for my weekend rides though, which helps.
DLIT is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:13 AM   #38
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Pacific beach

Posts: 54
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2013 1199 base
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I was contemplating going without the shields too. Perhaps I'll leave them off after this job. I feel the heat but I don't think it's THAT bad as people say. I'm usually all leathered up for my weekend rides though, which helps.
In the "winter" in San Diego my bike isn't that bad. The summer is a total different story, Especially when I am sitting at stoplights. I feel like I am literally cooking my boys, not to mention if I touch the Subframe by your knee!
Ducduc09 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:14 AM   #39
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2013
From: Pacific beach

Posts: 54
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2013 1199 base
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
That pic was last April. Removed the canister this past winter! Changed out a bunch of crap on it since I bought it. Most importantly those tacky grips and reservoirs! Best upgrade I've done to date? Putting an 899/1299 seat on there. SOOOO much better.
Updated pic? That bling was kind of bad, but who am I to say something
Ducduc09 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 11:15 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Tyler1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Indiana

Posts: 358
Thanks: 69

Originally Posted by Ducduc09 View Post
In the "winter" in San Diego my bike isn't that bad. The summer is a total different story, Especially when I am sitting at stoplights. I feel like I am literally cooking my boys, not to mention if I touch the Subframe by your knee!
Subframe covers. Subframe covers. SUBFRAME COVERS. get them it helps a ton. Thats why i wanted to do the engine covers as well as the subframe covers helped so much. ( along with lined with heat tape).
Tyler1199 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
cover, gasket, rear, seepage, thoughts, valve



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safety-wired Valve-cover bolts for 899/1199 Styler Mechanical and Technical 178 Mar 24th 2017 08:25 PM
Oil leaks coming down from the valve cover. zx7md Ducati 1199 13 May 6th 2014 07:40 AM
Problems with brakes and valve gasket LDucati 1199S Mechanical and Technical 7 Aug 15th 2013 01:24 PM
Any experience or thoughts with these rear sets? Mitchlguzin Ducati 1199 41 Mar 5th 2013 06:30 AM
Want To Buy: WTB: Ducati OEM Clutch Cover w/gasket d1098man Want To Buy 0 Aug 15th 2012 08:06 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed