Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 8th 2018, 09:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 597
Thanks: 175

That's correct the longer bolt is about 10-12mm longer then the short one.


Originally Posted by Snk1199 View Post
So one bolt in the clip on is replaced by a longer. Do you happen to have one you could take and post a photo of? Or just let me know the bolt's specs? Don't worry if it is too much trouble, I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway!
Mick1976 is offline  
 
Old Aug 8th 2018, 11:06 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Zelnik's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Sweden

Posts: 268
Thanks: 131

Originally Posted by Snk1199 View Post
Did they also acknowledge the consequence and refunded you for all repairs after the crash?

BTW: I was lucky. I felt my brake remained spongy even when I couldn't get anymore bubbles out when bleeding the front brake. So I went out for a feeler lap and was sure from the first corner I didn't have brake-power. So I pulled in the pits immediately. We saw the whole thing was dripping fluid then...
Nope.
Aha ok,you handled the situation perfect. Cant say the same..
It felt spongy in the beginning but after bleeding it was better. But feel & power wasnt there like it used to. Came in late on breakingpoint,grabbed a handful and lever went all in. As braking power did go on/off i also did practise some high speed stoppies..
From there on it was worse,spongy all the time and a cracking noise when pumping the lever.
Good luck with the new mastercylinder upgrade,let me know what you think of it when done.

Last edited by Zelnik; Aug 8th 2018 at 11:11 AM.
Zelnik is online now  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 10:44 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Wiesbaden, Germany

Posts: 287
Thanks: 59

I Ride: 2012 1199
You guys are actually running the RCS 17 right? I thought the RCS 19 was the wrong piston ratio to be used with the M50 calipers on the panigale.
elements018 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 02:15 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Snk1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Hungary

Posts: 249
Thanks: 127

I Ride: 1199S
Originally Posted by elements018 View Post
You guys are actually running the RCS 17 right? I thought the RCS 19 was the wrong piston ratio to be used with the M50 calipers on the panigale.
I don’t really know what you mean by “wrong”... It’s physics and what you prefer. 1199 s comes with the 17. If you change to 19 you’ll be increasing pressure quicker, over a shorter movement and you need to exert more force. It is an upgrade for the track definitely.
Snk1199 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 02:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Snk1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Hungary

Posts: 249
Thanks: 127

I Ride: 1199S
Originally Posted by Zelnik View Post
Nope.
Aha ok,you handled the situation perfect. Cant say the same..
It felt spongy in the beginning but after bleeding it was better. But feel & power wasnt there like it used to. Came in late on breakingpoint,grabbed a handful and lever went all in. As braking power did go on/off i also did practise some high speed stoppies..
From there on it was worse,spongy all the time and a cracking noise when pumping the lever.
Good luck with the new mastercylinder upgrade,let me know what you think of it when done.
You were too eager then. I am taking it very carefully now.

So far I can only say that the brake feels much more definite and I only need to pull about a centimeter on the lever for full action. That needs more effort and makes fine adjustment more difficult so I need to concentrate more on corner entries when releasing the brake gradually, but I expect improving lap times due to the higher efficacy of the brake.
Snk1199 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 05:35 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 597
Thanks: 175

I was running a RCS 17 with the M50 calipers but currently running the billet race calipers with the billet 19 x 18 masters.


Originally Posted by elements018 View Post
You guys are actually running the RCS 17 right? I thought the RCS 19 was the wrong piston ratio to be used with the M50 calipers on the panigale.
Mick1976 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 08:46 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Wiesbaden, Germany

Posts: 287
Thanks: 59

I Ride: 2012 1199
Originally Posted by Snk1199 View Post
I don’t really know what you mean by “wrong”... It’s physics and what you prefer. 1199 s comes with the 17. If you change to 19 you’ll be increasing pressure quicker, over a shorter movement and you need to exert more force. It is an upgrade for the track definitely.
This topic has been discussed a few times on the forums, but the Brembo M50 calipers have a different piston ratio size, so that's why they created the Brembo RCS 17 for bikes with the m50 calipers. Using the RCS19 with the brembo m50 calipers should create a "wooden" feeling and wasn't meant to be used with the Panigale M50 calipers.
elements018 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 09:34 AM   #18
Member
 
mrailing's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2016
From: Louisville, KY

Posts: 96
Thanks: 62

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale S
Originally Posted by elements018 View Post
This topic has been discussed a few times on the forums, but the Brembo M50 calipers have a different piston ratio size, so that's why they created the Brembo RCS 17 for bikes with the m50 calipers. Using the RCS19 with the brembo m50 calipers should create a "wooden" feeling and wasn't meant to be used with the Panigale M50 calipers.
This ^^^^.

I have a spare 19RCS, and I put it on the 1299 to test, I can say, wasn't happy with the feel, it was stiff and I didn't have a lot of feedback under hard braking. It was almost too much on/off in the feel. I bought a 17RCS and swapped. It felt significantly better, it was still 1 finger stopping, but, I could get feedback from my Braketech CMC rotors, where I had no feedback from the 19.

The 19 will work, the feel is just different. you might change the pivot point to be the "red" side, instead of the white, as you will have a bit more feel. If it's set to white (20mm), which is what I rode on my R1, it was just on/off with a fraction of the pull. The 18mm setting (red), at least gave me a bit more feel.

I run the 17RCS on both the brake and clutch side with an Oberon clutch slave. It fixed all the issues I was having with the clutch and needing to bleed it every ride.
mrailing is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:29 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Snk1199's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Hungary

Posts: 249
Thanks: 127

I Ride: 1199S
So it is probably the same story as with the throttle spacers. You need to know if the change fits the purpose. I wouldn't recommend the RCS19 for the street, but it is an upgrade for me for the track. Each to their own, no absolute wrong or right.
Thanks for all the help, I think this thread can end here.
Snk1199 is offline  
Old Aug 10th 2018, 11:23 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Sweden

Posts: 10
Thanks: 0

I Ride: Piaggio Vespa GS 1962, Ducati 998S 2004, Ducati 1198S 2010, Ducati 1299 2015
I run the RCS 17 club racing and like it very much. Never tried the 19’s though...
drak is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
brake, fluid, rcs19, reservoir



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Rizoma brake/clutch fluid reservoir mounting backets MdDuc Classifieds 1 Jun 23rd 2017 10:13 PM
RIZOMA Next Fluid Reservoir Kit moto Motowheels 0 Aug 9th 2016 09:48 AM
For Sale: Brembo RCS Fluid Reservoir Kit - Brake and Clutch timwu12 Classifieds 1 Aug 3rd 2016 08:32 PM
Bonamici Racing Billet Rear Brake 8ml Fluid Reservoir moto Motowheels 0 Jun 22nd 2016 11:02 AM
Screw holding rear brake fluid reservoir to plastic bracket Styler Ducati 1199 4 Sep 1st 2015 12:25 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed