Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions


Thanks Tree31Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30th 2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 112
Thanks: 2

Core stock exhaust?

A popular modification to the 848/1098/1198 was to core out the stock exhaust basically giving you the same setup as a slip-on exhaust......has anyone looked into doing this for the 1199, is it possible with the configuration it's in?

Would love info on how to do this to the Panigale!
SteveNunez is offline  
 
Old May 30th 2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LDucati 1199S's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Orlando, FL

Posts: 189
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 Base ABS
Am sure its possible, but for me it looks like a harder job to do then it sounds. The downside to this is that it could through the fueling off on the bike since coring the exhaust will remove the cat inside the pipes. I would wait until someone has done it on theirs.
LDucati 1199S is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Moderator
 
Xbox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: The Med

Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 532

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by SteveNunez View Post
A popular modification to the 848/1098/1198 was to core out the stock exhaust basically giving you the same setup as a slip-on exhaust......has anyone looked into doing this for the 1199, is it possible with the configuration it's in?

Would love info on how to do this to the Panigale!
Gonna be a mess - you'll still have the exhaust valve and the engine won't me mapped to take advantage of the increased gas flow.

Just pony up for the Termi's
Xbox is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Newtown, PA

Posts: 100
Thanks: 16

I Ride: Ducati 1199
I will be coring mine soon. Just got her 2 days ago. I already have the exhaust flapper removal kit and computer canceling plug in. I am sending my exhaust off to A & R exhaust. They made the best materials/instructions for the 1098 exhaust kit. Sounded better than any termi I ever installed. They are going to use my exhaust to develop the new system. Can't wait!
Vicious is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2012, 04:08 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 112
Thanks: 2

That sounds great (no pun intended)...you should do a write-up with photos and post so we can see what's involved.
It would be great if you could mention the sources for parts so we can replicate your results......I rather like the stock exhaust look and having slip-on performance with new mapping would be very trick!
Thanks for the reply!
SteveNunez is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Newtown, PA

Posts: 100
Thanks: 16

I Ride: Ducati 1199
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
I will be coring mine soon. Just got her 2 days ago. I already have the exhaust flapper removal kit and computer canceling plug in. I am sending my exhaust off to A & R exhaust. They made the best materials/instructions for the 1098 exhaust kit. Sounded better than any termi I ever installed. They are going to use my exhaust to develop the new system. Can't wait!
Just got off the phone with A&R Motorsports. Rob is going to use a donation set of Standard slipons from "onearmbandit" here on the forum. He is not sure it can be done but wont know until he has the donor. My faith is with him... that is until AustinRacing makes that full exhaust with the huge port exhaust!
Vicious is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Member
 
chrisplm's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: new york

Posts: 66
Thanks: 8

Has there been any progress with this?
I'm very interested..
chrisplm is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
redbullkid's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Scotland

Posts: 28
Thanks: 5

I knocked the cats out of mine.... runs fine, runs cooler, has a slightly deeper note also. ... Also the standard welds are shockingly bad!
Attached Thumbnails
Core stock exhaust?-img_2852.jpg  
redbullkid is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
jcnaranjo51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Socal

Posts: 203
Thanks: 33

I Ride: 1199 panigale
Originally Posted by redbullkid View Post
I knocked the cats out of mine.... runs fine, runs cooler, has a slightly deeper note also. ... Also the standard welds are shockingly bad!
Nice job how did you removed the cats?
jcnaranjo51 is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2013, 01:36 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
redbullkid's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Scotland

Posts: 28
Thanks: 5

Originally Posted by jcnaranjo51 View Post
Nice job how did you removed the cats?
It took around an hour with an air chisel. There was a lot of swearing involved.
Thanks from Phl
redbullkid is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
core, exhaust, stock



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stick with stock exhaust? consolidated Mechanical and Technical 91 Jul 2nd 2012 01:05 PM
Stock bike: jack point? nyandy Ducati 1199 0 May 21st 2012 04:53 PM
We have 1199S In Stock DucatiofOrlando Ducati 1199 26 May 18th 2012 10:04 PM
Stock n Slip-ons are no where as loud as the full Termis d1098man Ducati 1199 12 May 4th 2012 11:14 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed