Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Motorcycle Talk For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 1st 2017, 02:52 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 542

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
How does the cf panel that goes under the wind screen fit? I have all the rest but didn't know any one had that? Who make s that one?
Exactly as per the OEM one. Four small bolts hold it to the front subframe. It's made by CDT Fullsix in Slovenia.
topolino is offline  
 
Old Apr 1st 2017, 03:02 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 542

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Nice stuff. Let us know how they all fit.
I've test fitted the mid fairings. The left hand side is OK, but I will have to modify or remove the rubber mounting for the Ohlins suspension module, as it sits a little too proud and causes the front leading edge of the mid-fairing to be forced out. The right hand mid fairing is a little less co-operative and seems to be under quite a lot of tension where it fits into the electrical support. Also did not realise it has no locating hooks that would normally slot into the rubber grommets on the support, only the rear ones. Not overly concerned at this stage but it may need further investigating. I may need to change the position of the lambda connectors for the RB module in the support to alleviate this. The seat panels (right hand side) needed a small amount of filing to get the little extensions to sit flush but otherwise are fine. I'll be test fitting the nose today. Aside from that no really big problems.
Thanks from DJ377

Last edited by topolino; Apr 1st 2017 at 03:41 AM.
topolino is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2017, 03:12 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
HeronB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: San Francisco, CA.

Posts: 384
Thanks: 90

May I ask where did you get the Carbon Kevlar ABS and Battery covers??

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeronB is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2017, 03:19 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 542

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Did you get the CDT lower panels? Those are the only pieces that requires a bit of fitting. Also make sure you have a good fit on the upper panels where they fit to the front fairing (two screws). On some of the fairings, the screw tabs were glued too far out which leaves a large gap in the fit. We removed these on some of the uppers we got and re glued them back a few mm whiched fixed the fit issue. The carbon air duct covers are a bitch as well. There just isn't any "give" in the slide tabs so "tweaking to fit" is a challenge. I have fixed more than a few sets of those (tabs too long, tabs too short, grooves too short etc) and those tabs will snap off before they bend. Bike is a giant jigsaw puzzle when it comes to the small pieces.
Thanks for the heads up Endodoc. I already have the lower fairings I've carried over from the 1199. They fit OK but the small circular underside tab at the front on the LH side where the two lower fairings join together, is broken but will be easy to repair. I have made up a stainless steel circular plate, that will be bonded either side of the area and painted black to re-inforce it.

I will check the two screw mount positions on the nose fairing against the mid fairings by trying to bolt them together. I assume you mean the the two side screws and not the very front screw mounting points where the screw is bolted in from behind the panel, through the under-headlight plastic cover? Which tabs did you re-glue further in on the nose fairing? The mid fairing tabs are part of the nose mould so not sure how you could re-locate these. Some pics would be helpful if you have any so I can cross check mine.

The carbon air ducts covers are a total sod to fit. I have a set of brand new Lieb Speed ones, but I never fitted them on the 1199 as they have no give in them at all and would most likely break the slotted tabs on the nose fairing off if I forced them, so I'm sticking with the OEM plastic ones for now.
topolino is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2017, 03:25 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 542

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by HeronB View Post
May I ask where did you get the Carbon Kevlar ABS and Battery covers??

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi HeronB. They are not Kevlar. The poor lighting in the picture I posted of the ABS cover fitted to the bike, makes it look like Kevlar but it's normal carbon fibre. Both are made by CDT. You can try OPP racing in the US, who are suppliers for CDT. Also currently CDT do not make an ABS cover for the 1299. They list it as the same number for the 1199 but you will have to modify the 1199 version as on the 1299 there is a larger cutout to accommodate the different positions of the ABS lines. Here is a picture of the 1199 one against the OEM plastic 1299 one. I modified my 1199 part to resemble the 1299 one and it fits fine now. I've emailed CDT this picture as well, so they will change their moulds to offer both versions in future.
Attached Thumbnails
Project 1704-20170330_120151_003.jpg  

Last edited by topolino; Apr 1st 2017 at 03:31 AM.
topolino is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2017, 06:46 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
HeronB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: San Francisco, CA.

Posts: 384
Thanks: 90

Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Hi HeronB. They are not Kevlar. The poor lighting in the picture I posted of the ABS cover fitted to the bike, makes it look like Kevlar but it's normal carbon fibre. Both are made by CDT. You can try OPP racing in the US, who are suppliers for CDT. Also currently CDT do not make an ABS cover for the 1299. They list it as the same number for the 1199 but you will have to modify the 1199 version as on the 1299 there is a larger cutout to accommodate the different positions of the ABS lines. Here is a picture of the 1199 one against the OEM plastic 1299 one. I modified my 1199 part to resemble the 1299 one and it fits fine now. I've emailed CDT this picture as well, so they will change their moulds to offer both versions in future.


Thank you very much I have the same one with the ABS cut out and also the Battery side with the top vent cut out with wire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeronB is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2017, 03:47 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 542

I Ride: 1299S
OK so the bike is almost complete now. I've got an initial engine run planned for this afternoon to test all is OK with the 'Rapidbike Racing' module and that it communcates properly with the laptop. Then I have to finish mounting up all the carbon bodywork for a final test fit before it goes off for paint. Sourcing some mirror block off plates (undecided as to Lightech or DP ones yet), a Puig screen and will have to get the bike 3M 'Venture Shielded' but that will be about it. I am probably going to fit the stock bodywork back on so I can at least ride the bike until the CF Fullsix parts are painted. New DID chain fitted and the hydraulic systems have now been bled and tested. Had to deal with a minor leak from the drain bolt for the cooling system but otherwise, all systems are functioning correctly, after finally testing all the electronics last week. The RB module was a PITA to wire up neatly but worth the several hours and effort it took to get it right. I have tried to mount it in such as way as it looks as though it's part of the factory loom, as I hate wayward wiring! Had the M7RR Metzelers fitted to the new OZ Gass RA wheels and balanced. Rear hugger back on and the instrument cover clear coated and then fitted. Aside from the six week delay having to wait for the airbox and swing arm to come back from being 'Cerakoted', from start to finish it's taken me 9 weeks to completely strip the bike down to the engine and build it back up again in my spare time, mostly evenings and weekends. On the home stretch now.
Attached Thumbnails
Project 1704-20170405_003201.jpg   Project 1704-20170405_003352.jpg   Project 1704-20170406_181437.jpg   Project 1704-20170406_181549.jpg   Project 1704-20170406_181408.jpg  

topolino is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2017, 08:36 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
RetardedTiming's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canyon Country

Posts: 428
Thanks: 269

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
Sweet!
RetardedTiming is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2017, 09:18 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,812
Thanks: 972

I Ride: 15R 16R
Homestretch
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2017, 09:33 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 429
Thanks: 347

Originally Posted by topolino View Post
OK so the bike is almost complete now. I've got an initial engine run planned for this afternoon to test all is OK with the 'Rapidbike Racing' module and that it communcates properly with the laptop. Then I have to finish mounting up all the carbon bodywork for a final test fit before it goes off for paint. Sourcing some mirror block off plates (undecided as to Lightech or DP ones yet), a Puig screen and will have to get the bike 3M 'Venture Shielded' but that will be about it. I am probably going to fit the stock bodywork back on so I can at least ride the bike until the CF Fullsix parts are painted. New DID chain fitted and the hydraulic systems have now been bled and tested. Had to deal with a minor leak from the drain bolt for the cooling system but otherwise, all systems are functioning correctly, after finally testing all the electronics last week. The RB module was a PITA to wire up neatly but worth the several hours and effort it took to get it right. I have tried to mount it in such as way as it looks as though it's part of the factory loom, as I hate wayward wiring! Had the M7RR Metzelers fitted to the new OZ Gass RA wheels and balanced. Rear hugger back on and the instrument cover clear coated and then fitted. Aside from the six week delay having to wait for the airbox and swing arm to come back from being 'Cerakoted', from start to finish it's taken me 9 weeks to completely strip the bike down to the engine and build it back up again in my spare time, mostly evenings and weekends. On the home stretch now.

Beautiful coloring on those pipes. Can't wait to see the finished product!
NW1299 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Tags
1704, project



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC Project YOLO Ducati 1199 14 Aug 28th 2017 07:01 PM
SC Project CRT georgehitch18 Ducati 1299 21 Mar 5th 2017 02:39 PM
1199R-SR Project sean999r Mechanical and Technical 35 Mar 20th 2016 01:40 PM
899 project chicago899 Ducati 899 5 Aug 11th 2015 11:41 PM
The Norton Project Duc One Motorcycle Talk 6 Feb 9th 2014 05:11 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed