Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


View Poll Results: Will Colin Edwards be competitive with an M1 engine?
Yes he'll be dangerous, like a Tornado in Texas. 0 0%
No, he's pretty much done. 9 69.23%
I think he'll retire after this year. 0 0%
I am not really sure because of the current performance gap. 3 23.08%
Who's Colin Edwards? (do you even watch MotoGP bro?) 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 16th 2013, 07:39 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Lake Mary, FL

Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 876

I'm not a Rossi drone. A fan yes, but realistic. I did say that with JL broken up and Pedrosa banged up very hard that Rossi will have an easier time, which he has. I'm predicting that Marquez is still finding his limit and this is proven by the very hard practice crashes he has been having in the last 3 rounds, he's lucky to not get injured - yet.

If you re-read my post I'm predicting that Marquez will injure himself, JL - as hard a man as he is - will not be back to 100% pace for a while yet, and Pedrosa has shown that his confidence gets knocked when he crashes hard - so he will not be as fast as he was. All of this works to Rossi's and other non-Alien rider's favors.

I don't think Beaubier is like the other AMA riders, and Moto2 isn't really that much more advanced than Supersport. In fact, World Supersport pulls faster lap times than Moto2. Kenan Sofuoğlu had some bright spots in Moto2, and Crutchlow didn't show anything special in SBK before he jumped into MotoGP.

Similarly I think that Beaubier (who's already raced in Europe and of course was Marquez's teammate in the Red Bull Rookie Cup) could make that jump. Sadly, as Colin Edwards said, he "doesn't have the right passport" and will have to go through Moto2, and then a satellite MotoGP team before getting the factory ride. Or maybe not, if there are no more Americans in MotoGP, which I agree with Capt is a likely scenario, as the American market is still important to the factories and we will likely still have 2 MotoGP races (Austin and Laguna).
JeffD is offline  
 
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:16 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,474
Thanks: 2009

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
It's unfortunate, but I think they could make a great superbike team. We know Ben is a big fan of the Pani, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nicky is as well. I think there are good possibilities there. Checa has had quite the unfortunate season.

If Cal ends up at Ducati and they aren't making massive improvements, that may be the grave of his career as well.



I was expecting Honda to dominate at this circuit, since it's more suited to the bike. I was surprised Rossi did as well as he did. Cal was riding out of his mind though, it's not like he casually passed Rossi and had a cup of tea afterwards, he was absolutely killing it and giving everything he had to catch MM. Unfortunately it was easier for MM to keep a faster pace on the Honda. I think it was easier for Rossi at Assen to pass the Hondas because the track suits the Yamaha better.

Would Rossi have beat JLO at Assen? Would he have beat JLO or Dani at Sachsenring? Well, we'll never know I suppose, and after all crashing is part of racing and a reflection of the rider. You can say he wouldn't of beat them all you want, but the fact is Rossi didn't crash and injure himself either, and it's not easy to qualify on the first row if you're not pushing it.

Rossi says his front end feels a lot better, and he's got some steps to make in the rear to get more traction. We'll see if it actually makes a difference in America the next couple weeks!
cant wait for the american races.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:20 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,474
Thanks: 2009

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
I'm not a Rossi drone. A fan yes, but realistic. I did say that with JL broken up and Pedrosa banged up very hard that Rossi will have an easier time, which he has. I'm predicting that Marquez is still finding his limit and this is proven by the very hard practice crashes he has been having in the last 3 rounds, he's lucky to not get injured - yet.

If you re-read my post I'm predicting that Marquez will injure himself, JL - as hard a man as he is - will not be back to 100% pace for a while yet, and Pedrosa has shown that his confidence gets knocked when he crashes hard - so he will not be as fast as he was. All of this works to Rossi's and other non-Alien rider's favors.

I don't think Beaubier is like the other AMA riders, and Moto2 isn't really that much more advanced than Supersport. In fact, World Supersport pulls faster lap times than Moto2. Kenan Sofuoğlu had some bright spots in Moto2, and Crutchlow didn't show anything special in SBK before he jumped into MotoGP.

Similarly I think that Beaubier (who's already raced in Europe and of course was Marquez's teammate in the Red Bull Rookie Cup) could make that jump. Sadly, as Colin Edwards said, he "doesn't have the right passport" and will have to go through Moto2, and then a satellite MotoGP team before getting the factory ride. Or maybe not, if there are no more Americans in MotoGP, which I agree with Capt is a likely scenario, as the American market is still important to the factories and we will likely still have 2 MotoGP races (Austin and Laguna).
first jeff im sorry if you think i called you a drone. i dont know you i mean the rossi drones you cant talk to at all about anything. are you in that category i dont know as we have never debated rossi.

i agree with you on JLO and you are right about Danny and his confidence. I hope MM doesnt injure himself as he has by far the most talent. Would love to see cal on a factory machine.

You do recall that if MM doesnt crash all alone he finishes second and is another 20 points up on the field.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:28 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,474
Thanks: 2009

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
see this speak of the devil

Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014 - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN

thanks to stw for the post
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:40 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
MacaveliMC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Auburn Hills, MI

Posts: 470
Thanks: 146

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S ABS & '09 Triumph Daytona 675
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
see this speak of the devil

Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014 - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN

thanks to stw for the post
I'm only sad because I don't really have a way to watch the WSBK races
MacaveliMC is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:43 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,474
Thanks: 2009

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
I'm only sad because I don't really have a way to watch the WSBK races
wsbk you can get on be in sport. i have direct tv so i got the sport package and its included.

oh i found out tech 3 signed pol esparago so cal doesnt have a ride next year either thats why cal was pissed at tech 3
mark419ny is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 08:44 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
MacaveliMC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Auburn Hills, MI

Posts: 470
Thanks: 146

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S ABS & '09 Triumph Daytona 675
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
wsbk you can get on be in sport. i have direct tv so i got the sport package and its included.

oh i found out tech 3 signed pol esparago so cal doesnt have a ride next year either thats why cal was pissed at tech 3
Are you sure? I thought it was just a rumor, do you have any evidence?
MacaveliMC is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 09:19 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
Are you sure? I thought it was just a rumor, do you have any evidence?
Crap..I hope they don't ruin him with that Desmo albatross. Not at tech 3 and a Ducati spot opening up makes it likely.

Poor Cal. He's done if he takes it.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 09:30 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Lake Mary, FL

Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 876

Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Poor Cal. He's done if he takes it.
And he's out of MotoGP if he doesn't. He'll take a 2-year contract at Ducati and concentrate on investing his money, since he'll have to retire or go back to SBK after that if he still wants to work at what he does best.
JeffD is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2013, 09:37 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
And he's out of MotoGP if he doesn't. He'll take a 2-year contract at Ducati and concentrate on investing his money, since he'll have to retire or go back to SBK after that if he still wants to work at what he does best.
Dang. That's like picking between free passage on the Titanic or a firing squad.
Thanks from JeffD
Capt CF is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
engines, forward, lease, mobile, motogp, ngm



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow! MotoGP is... JeffD Racing 8 Jun 16th 2013 06:41 PM
motogp.com carldickson Racing 11 Apr 23rd 2013 08:00 AM
MotoGP - Yamaha & Honda leasing engines rm4two Racing 0 Mar 28th 2013 10:14 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed