Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By reganc
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 14th 2017, 08:45 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 1851

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
team orders where were you guys on this

ok so we have all this bs about JLO and DOVI and team orders and blah blah blah. why didnt lorenzo pull over why didnt dovi go by who was right and who was wrong.

just wondering where you guys were in Australia when a certain yamaha rider not a championship contender and already eliminated went on to beat the other yamaha rider and put him out of title contention. why did he race that yamaha rider and beat him. where was the team orders? wasnt this what started the bs in 2015 the rule of not racing a contender. so when a certain guy wins its racing but when he loses you shouldnt race

i see how it works.
mark419ny is offline  
 
Old Nov 14th 2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: DC Swamp

Posts: 19
Thanks: 4

As I said it was a Spanish rider helping out his countryman, just like when MM did the same for Jorge, when it was down to Rossi and him. What other reason is there?
DCPanni is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 1851

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
did you read what i wrote? why did rossi beat maverick when maverick was still in title contention. damn people dont read.

as far as 2017 valencia look at the thread jlo didnt help marquez but as a new valeban here as usual you answer the question that wasnt posed.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 1851

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
This is the difference between the Pedrosa, JL & Dovi all throughout the race. The lap on which JL crashed he was under two tenths of a second to Pedrosa. Lorenzo took out 4 tenths of a second out of Pedrosa on that lap and DOvi was unable to follow!

http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_baa6a143

dont let facts get in the way of a good narative
mark419ny is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,109
Thanks: 440

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
not a fan of team orders in general and I think the guys should be allowed to just race as is generally the case in MotoGP it motivates the riders and keeps it exciting, unlike F1 which is s snoozefest.

the only time team orders come into play is for end of season in which someone is in for the championship and the other teammate has nothing to gain.
reganc is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 11:29 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 1851

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
not a fan of team orders in general and I think the guys should be allowed to just race as is generally the case in MotoGP it motivates the riders and keeps it exciting, unlike F1 which is s snoozefest.

the only time team orders come into play is for end of season in which someone is in for the championship and the other teammate has nothing to gain.
totally agree with you the poison pill in this post is if you agree with team orders as almost everyone on here does because they are bashing lorenzo, and the majority being rossi fans where were you when rossi was out of contention (day 1 hahaha) and BEAT his team-mate when he was still in contention knocking him out of contention. you cant have it both ways.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 11:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,109
Thanks: 440

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
totally agree with you the poison pill in this post is if you agree with team orders as almost everyone on here does because they are bashing lorenzo, and the majority being rossi fans where were you when rossi was out of contention (day 1 hahaha) and BEAT his team-mate when he was still in contention knocking him out of contention. you cant have it both ways.
a season is not made or lost on one race hence the teams should let them race as long as they are not riding each other off the track but if they are both running for the championship then it's game on as we will probably see next yr with Ducati as Lorenzo has more seat time and a point to prove as they don't really have a number 1 rider.

2018 is another season and it will be hard to stop MM winning again so looking forward to some scraps.
Thanks from mark419ny
reganc is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 01:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Cincinnati

Posts: 380
Thanks: 149

I Ride: 2012 1199
Team. Orders. I.e, orders issued by the team. In other words, you (or I) have no idea if team orders in Yamaha's case were even issued. If there was even a suggestion. No idea. So you're complaining about something that you have no idea was even an issue within the team, and stretched it into your usual "Rossi is an asshole" schtick. Which is typical. And boring. Your posts are boring.
ghostdog6 is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 01:21 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 1851

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by ghostdog6 View Post
Team. Orders. I.e, orders issued by the team. In other words, you (or I) have no idea if team orders in Yamaha's case were even issued. If there was even a suggestion. No idea. So you're complaining about something that you have no idea was even an issue within the team, and stretched it into your usual "Rossi is an asshole" schtick. Which is typical. And boring. Your posts are boring.
so you are saying yamaha wanted rossi who couldnt win the title to beat maverick knocking him out of the title hunt for yamaha ? you are right team orders im sorry let me rephrase

the uccio rule that you are not to race people in contention for the title if you are not in contention for the title. remember 2015 that was the big bruh haha with marquez. so if you believe that logic AND you hated marquez for so called racing a contender how can you not hate rossi for knocking out maverick in his title quest. while on the same team.

ps my post are boring but you keep replying. yet with this one nobody that is on the marquez race too hard in 15 but cant say that with rossi in 17 .

Last edited by mark419ny; Nov 14th 2017 at 01:25 PM.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Whoopazz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Edmt, AB

Posts: 868
Thanks: 413

I Ride: 1299
Weren’t you leaving until March?
Whoopazz is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
guys, orders, team



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NJMP May 9 Team Promotion b9009b Racing 12 May 10th 2016 01:37 PM
NCBike Team Promotion 3/5-3/6 b9009b Racing 4 Mar 2nd 2016 03:49 PM
Team Orders (WSBK Spoiler) Xbox Racing 15 Nov 13th 2014 08:34 AM
UK Orders Seanyboy2 Ducati 1199 185 Apr 23rd 2014 11:18 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed