Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


Thanks Tree45Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 21st 2018, 08:31 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 101

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
right win A race. big deal next.
Most of the field will not win even A single race. Get over it.
DucatiTerminator is offline  
 
Old Mar 21st 2018, 10:09 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,425
Thanks: 1989

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Most of the field will not win even A single race. Get over it.
most of the field isnt on a factory yamaha but i get it now all you have to do is win a race and all is good.

que the factory yamaha is such a terrible bike and only 46 and his race craft is why he came in third.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2018, 10:25 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 101

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
most of the field isnt on a factory yamaha but i get it now all you have to do is win a race and all is good.

que the factory yamaha is such a terrible bike and only 46 and his race craft is why he came in third.
Most, if not all of the factory riders, Vale included, have earned their spot on their respective factory teams. The others have not yet. They will have their opportunity when they have done so.
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 01:48 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Notec's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: CT

Posts: 269
Thanks: 143

Next topic, Pedrobot is going to lose his seat to Zarco next season.

And still no news on wtf happened to Jorge's brakes....
Thanks from mark419ny
Notec is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 06:55 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,425
Thanks: 1989

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Most, if not all of the factory riders, Vale included, have earned their spot on their respective factory teams. The others have not yet. They will have their opportunity when they have done so.
JPSlotus (Motogp forum) knocked it out of the park so i will quote him

Rossi enjoyed tremendous advantages in MotoGP from the time he came into the top class till 2009 when they were finally all rightfully taken away from him. The end result has been he hasn't won a world title since he was 29, and has spent nearly a decade chasing that elusive 10th title that is never coming because he is an aging has-been who has no special construction tire. When he cried about the tire last season and that nonsense vote came up, Mike Webb was asked by a rider if he could complain about tires and get a change made. A tire change was made because Rossi was crying about his teammate embarrassing him. No different from the threat to quit in 2008 if he didn't get Bridgestones. No different from receiving tailor made tires from Michelin that were to his preferences.

His 2 year contract extension just screwed Yamaha since they have to field the aging has-been into his 40s while taking in all of his useless technical feedback (Mr "Take's 80 Seconds to Fix the Ducati") and preventing themselves from actually moving forward as a team. No world titles for Yamaha in the foreseeable future. Race wins? Might luck into one or two. Either way Cancerous Rossi turns everything to crap.

ill be back for the next round
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 07:46 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,409
Thanks: 1469

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
And yet he singlehandedly brings in a higher revenue for the brand than probably any other rider does for their team. Like it or not (which everyone knows you don't), it is a business. He generates money for the manufacturer, the team and most importantly, himself. If things didn't make financial sense to the team, they would have let him go. I can almost guarantee you that he'll retire a yamaha guy and won't go anywhere else to race longer. The fans will still be there once he does retire but the sport as a whole will deal with a huge loss for a short while. That's a guarantee. At least we have 2 seasons! Now I'll cheer him on just because he's old.
double0 is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 08:38 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 101

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
JPSlotus (Motogp forum) knocked it out of the park so i will quote him

Rossi enjoyed tremendous advantages in MotoGP from the time he came into the top class till 2009 when they were finally all rightfully taken away from him. The end result has been he hasn't won a world title since he was 29, and has spent nearly a decade chasing that elusive 10th title that is never coming because he is an aging has-been who has no special construction tire. When he cried about the tire last season and that nonsense vote came up, Mike Webb was asked by a rider if he could complain about tires and get a change made. A tire change was made because Rossi was crying about his teammate embarrassing him. No different from the threat to quit in 2008 if he didn't get Bridgestones. No different from receiving tailor made tires from Michelin that were to his preferences.

His 2 year contract extension just screwed Yamaha since they have to field the aging has-been into his 40s while taking in all of his useless technical feedback (Mr "Take's 80 Seconds to Fix the Ducati") and preventing themselves from actually moving forward as a team. No world titles for Yamaha in the foreseeable future. Race wins? Might luck into one or two. Either way Cancerous Rossi turns everything to crap.

ill be back for the next round
No disrespect intended, but who the fuck is JPSlotus (great team back in the day, BTW)? Is he someone of note, or is he another Rossi hater like you who is armchair quarterbacking (like most of us here)? Rossi crying? No, that was Whoreghey in front of one my former coworkers during one of the press conferences a few years ago as he sat talking on the phone with his girl/boyfriend.

I am trying to understand the Rossi hater mentality. I'm guessing you guys wouldn't recognize Agostini or Kenny Sr. if they walked past you in the paddock, let alone on the street. For the record, if either of them returned to GP racing today (in their 70's and 60's, respectively), I'd rock a neon-fucking-pink shirt with AGO or King Kenny on it through the paddock carrying their umbrella even though they would come in last. They are legendary, the Chuck Norris-es of our sport whose skills transcend time, as Vale will be (and already is in many respects). They are the reason why most of us old timers can wear "Old Guys Rule" t-shirts and not be pretentious about it. But mostly, whether you Rossi haters are too short-sighted to see it or too stubborn to admit it, he (as would Ago or the King's return) sells tickets, as he always has. Yamaha and Dorna aren't stupid, and last I checked, they are both businesses. I'm not their accountant, so perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that Vale brings more money to both of them than any other rider currently or in their history. Oh, and he does this while standing atop the podium and still winning races against opponents that are young enough to be his kid. Until you can do similar in whatever your specialty might be, you can call him "Daddy."

I'm not sure if you attend many MotoGP races, but I've attended almost every US round since GP's return here in 1988, and a few European rounds as well. In all of the races I've been fortunate enough to attend, yellow (or Gauloises blue) has been the most prevalent color worn by the fans in the stands, vendor areas, and paddock (since Vale started racing). Even on tv, the sea of yellow is quite dominant, or maybe I'm getting colorblind in my old age.

Haters gonna hate, but get over it -- you're in the minority.

i'll be back for every round, not just the next
Thanks from centeroff

Last edited by DucatiTerminator; Mar 22nd 2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 08:50 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,425
Thanks: 1989

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by Notec View Post
Next topic, Pedrobot is going to lose his seat to Zarco next season.

And still no news on wtf happened to Jorge's brakes....
do you think danny will actually lose the seat with his very close ties to repsol? do you think zarco will be good on the honda the guy obviously is a great talent but he keeps taking the soft tyre; the honda destroys the soft front the hard wasnt even hard enough for marquez. do you think zarco can change his style to ride the honda? all valid questions but will be very interesting.

will jorge end up on suzuki?
Thanks from cmh210
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 09:16 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,425
Thanks: 1989

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
No disrespect intended, but who the fuck is JPSlotus (great team back in the day, BTW)? Is he someone of note, or is he another Rossi hater like you who is armchair quarterbacking (like most of us here)? Rossi crying? No, that was Whoreghey in front of one my former coworkers during one of the press conferences a few years ago as he sat talking on the phone with his girl/boyfriend.

I am trying to understand the Rossi hater mentality. I'm guessing you guys wouldn't recognize Agostini or Kenny Sr. if they walked past you in the paddock, let alone on the street. For the record, if either of them returned to GP racing today (in their 70's and 60's, respectively), I'd rock a neon-fucking-pink shirt with AGO or King Kenny on it through the paddock carrying their umbrella even though they would come in last. They are legendary, the Chuck Norris-es of our sport whose skills transcend time, as Vale will be (and already is in many respects). They are the reason why most of us old timers can wear "Old Guys Rule" t-shirts and not be pretentious about it. But mostly, whether you Rossi haters are too short-sighted to see it or too stubborn to admit it, he (as would Ago or the King's return) sells tickets, as he always has. Yamaha and Dorna aren't stupid, and last I checked, they are both businesses. I'm not their accountant, so perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that Vale brings more money to both of them than any other rider currently or in their history. Oh, and he does this while standing atop the podium and still winning races against opponents that are young enough to be his kid. Until you can do similar in whatever your specialty might be, you can call him "Daddy."

I'm not sure if you attend many MotoGP races, but I've attended almost every US round since GP's return here in 1988, and a few European rounds as well. In all of the races I've been fortunate enough to attend, yellow (or Gauloises blue) has been the most prevalent color worn by the fans in the stands, vendor areas, and paddock (since Vale started racing). Even on tv, the sea of yellow is quite dominant, or maybe I'm getting colorblind in my old age.

Haters gonna hate, but get over it -- you're in the minority.

i'll be back for every round, not just the next
JPSlotus was the person who wrote the comment. who is he i dont know but i was giving him credit cause i didnt write it.

anyway since i know rossi for what he is a fraud and disagree with the valeban im not allowed to comment? beacuse all the valeban do is argue based on emotion and not stats? because there are thousands of valeban out there that wear yellow or blue that makes him better as a rider? the ny jets have millions of fans doesnt mean they are a better football team does it? or are those pesky facts not the facts because you dont like them?
Because you attend races and assume i dont that means what? obviously you dont know me as i do attend the races on all levels.

since motogp is a business and 46 makes money does for that business does that make him a better rider because he brings in fans or does motoGP prop him up with advantages to keep the fans there (tyre changes mid season dash communications remember rossi wanted that cause he missed the pit)?as you said its a business and they will do whatever they can to keep rossi relavent. i never said he isnt a money maker i said he isnt as great as the valeban want you to believe and if you look at the stats its clear that without advantages he cant win. rossi has been the receiver of special tyres until 2009 and had tyres pulled like last year and the magical disappearance of the JLO tire a few years ago when he was dominating preseason much like vinales.

here are some facts since 2010 46 has avg 1 race win a year the champ has avg 5. you know what that means NO CHAMPIOINSHIP. his winning percentage is even lower then the stats posted last year because you guessed it he won 1 race. i can go on and on but hey lemmings will continue to walk off the cliff following.

oh i forgot since you attend all these races did you walk out with your binky when rossi crashed in TX like all the other rossi frauds i mean fans did. i remember it well as i was there. there was so much race left and i was confused why people would leave after 2 laps or so. do you cheer when a rider like JLO crashes like most valeban do? just questions.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 09:18 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,425
Thanks: 1989

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
And yet he singlehandedly brings in a higher revenue for the brand than probably any other rider does for their team. Like it or not (which everyone knows you don't), it is a business. He generates money for the manufacturer, the team and most importantly, himself. If things didn't make financial sense to the team, they would have let him go. I can almost guarantee you that he'll retire a yamaha guy and won't go anywhere else to race longer. The fans will still be there once he does retire but the sport as a whole will deal with a huge loss for a short while. That's a guarantee. At least we have 2 seasons! Now I'll cheer him on just because he's old.
as stated i never said he doesnt bring in money. i said he isnt as good as people make him out to be. hes 40 now right thats 11 years of nothing. just so happens thats when all his advantages were taken away.
mark419ny is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
motogp, qatar



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Qatar Day 2 Test Times BenF04 Racing 2 Mar 4th 2018 11:11 AM
Qatar Day 1 Test times BenF04 Racing 6 Mar 2nd 2018 03:35 AM
WSBK Final Round Qatar BadBoyBeltran Racing 0 Nov 5th 2017 01:37 PM
2013 Qatar MotoGP Delta One Racing 16 Apr 11th 2013 02:45 AM
Qatar! What a great race! Whoopazz Ducati 1199 25 Apr 8th 2013 06:05 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed