Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 07:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 208
Thanks: 66

I Ride: 1299SA
Austin MotoGP - Spolier

I wouldn't be surprised if Marc wins all the races for the rest of the year, Honda have got the bike and him working so well that the only person that I can see challenging him is himself.

I don't think anybody expected anyone other than Marc to win at COTA so that was pretty much a foregone conclusion - Iannone didn't have the race pace to mount a serious challenge.

Dovi leads the championship by one point heading into Europe by only by the fact that Marc got penalised in Argentina ( not going to debate that here, its been discussed enough elsewhere ).

Jerez next. Pedrosa won last year, I'd be surprised if he manages that again this year.
Thanks from Phl
BenF04 is offline  
 
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Macattack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Indiana

Posts: 554
Thanks: 331

I Ride: 1299S
Maverick Viņales, Andrea Iannone, Andrea Dovizioso, Johann Zarco , could all potentially win the championship
Rossi is just here to sell t-shirts

point being - this is when a Schwantz or a Doohan appears from nowhere.

maybe not this year but it is inevitable

I have faith the other young riders will catch up
Thanks from cmh210
Macattack is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,286
Thanks: 1936

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Austin MotoGP - Spolier

Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
Maverick Viņales, Andrea Iannone, Andrea Dovizioso, Johann Zarco , could all potentially win the championship
Rossi is just here to sell t-shirts

point being - this is when a Schwantz or a Doohan appears from nowhere.

maybe not this year but it is inevitable

I have faith the other young riders will catch up
zarco are you kidding me. so tired of hearing about zarco. love the guy met him a few times but how many races has he won? answer 0. talented yes shot at winning is as much as rossi and thats 0

there is one man thats winning the championship. 93. thats it.

Last edited by mark419ny; Apr 23rd 2018 at 08:41 AM.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 08:47 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Sutki's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Switzerland

Posts: 404
Thanks: 140

I Ride: 998R & Panigale R
Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
Maverick Viņales, Andrea Iannone, Andrea Dovizioso, Johann Zarco , could all potentially win the championship
Rossi is just here to sell t-shirts

point being - this is when a Schwantz or a Doohan appears from nowhere.

maybe not this year but it is inevitable

I have faith the other young riders will catch up
Zarco going KTM next year...bye bye front row...😄
Sutki is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Macattack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Indiana

Posts: 554
Thanks: 331

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
zarco are you kidding me. so tired of hearing about zarco. love the guy met him a few times but how many races has he won? answer 0. talented yes shot at winning is as much as rossi and thats 0

there is one man thats winning the championship. 93. thats it.
first- you didn't read my post because you're afuckign idiot

second- you and your ignorant posts make you look like a newcomer to the sport a starbucks poser who doesn't get it . I'm guessing you've never ever heard of Kevin S or Mic Doohan .
In referencing those legends I was saying that there will be someone to challenge MM Also you cannot call a championship until all the points art tallied .

Yeah I know your the provocateur here , but for once read what people type and quit being such a dickhead .
Admittedly Zarco is a longshot , but If what I said was not 100% true there would be no reason to watch the rest of the races.

btw leave me the fuck alone you fucking weirdo
Thanks from Riki
Macattack is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 09:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,286
Thanks: 1936

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
i read your worthless post and commented about how you say a number of riders have a shot at the title. which they dont.

leave me alone your a weirdo whaaaaaa cry baby, what a snowflake. cant take criticism. yes eventually someone will be better than marquez. not happening anytime soon thanks for the foresight.

notice how all these losers try to attack with modem muscles.

somebody please tell me how zarco rossi iaonne crutchlow etc have a shot they cant win a damn race.
Thanks from cmh210
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 09:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,286
Thanks: 1936

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
first- you didn't read my post because you're afuckign idiot

second- you and your ignorant posts make you look like a newcomer to the sport a starbucks poser who doesn't get it . I'm guessing you've never ever heard of Kevin S or Mic Doohan .
In referencing those legends I was saying that there will be someone to challenge MM Also you cannot call a championship until all the points art tallied .

Yeah I know your the provocateur here , but for once read what people type and quit being such a dickhead .
Admittedly Zarco is a longshot , but If what I said was not 100% true there would be no reason to watch the rest of the races.

btw leave me the fuck alone you fucking weirdo
ps there is a reason to watch. its called the Marc Marquez show. get use to it he will be here a while.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Macattack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Indiana

Posts: 554
Thanks: 331

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
i read your worthless post and commented about how you say a number of riders have a shot at the title. which they dont.

leave me alone your a weirdo whaaaaaa cry baby, what a snowflake. cant take criticism. yes eventually someone will be better than marquez. not happening anytime soon thanks for the foresight.

notice how all these losers try to attack with modem muscles.

somebody please tell me how zarco rossi iaonne crutchlow etc have a shot they cant win a damn race.
Dovi won race one

Crashlow won race two

marquez won race three

I'm calling you an idiot by your own admission .

I think you may not be smart enough to get my point. which I relish
Macattack is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,286
Thanks: 1936

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
oh lord the stupid is strong with this one.

crashlow has no shot yes he won a race

dovi is only in it because marquez had his points stripped in race 2. yes he won race 1 big deal going nowhere fast.

marquez won race 3 had points stripped to keep the season interesting.

lets bet marquez vs everyone else. lets make it reasonable 500 bucks. put your money where your mouth is about everyone having a shot.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:57 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 620
Thanks: 466

Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
first- you didn't read my post because you're afuckign idiot

second- you and your ignorant posts make you look like a newcomer to the sport a starbucks poser who doesn't get it . I'm guessing you've never ever heard of Kevin S or Mic Doohan .
In referencing those legends I was saying that there will be someone to challenge MM Also you cannot call a championship until all the points art tallied .

Yeah I know your the provocateur here , but for once read what people type and quit being such a dickhead .
Admittedly Zarco is a longshot , but If what I said was not 100% true there would be no reason to watch the rest of the races.

btw leave me the fuck alone you fucking weirdo

Look--in all fairness, you were the first one to start using profanity and name calling, not Mark. He has a different opinion and a way of going about expressing it but this is a prefect example of other people losing their shit when he says exactly what you expect him to say.

He didn't say anything provocative. He disagreed that Zarco will win the championship and claimed, as he always does, that Marquez will.


I'm not in defense of Mark. I'm in defense of rational discourse. You're intolerance and name calling only look poorly on you, not him. Calm down.


Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
Dovi won race one

Crashlow won race two

marquez won race three

I'm calling you an idiot by your own admission .

I think you may not be smart enough to get my point. which I relish
If you think that the current points standing are any indication of how this season is going to go, I actually question your own understanding of the sport.

Dovi barely won Qatar, a track that Marquez historically is not as strong at.

Marquez would have absolutely dominated Argentina were it not for his poor decision making. Bad manners aside, his pace was on another level and nobody had an answer for him.

Marquez dominated COTA. Nothing else to say about it.

The individual results of the first three rounds don't tell the entire story. Look at things holistically. Mark is more confident on the Honda than he's ever been. Maybe Dovi. MAYBE Vinales. Most probably, almost definitely, it will be Marquez again.
Thanks from mark419ny and cmh210
NW1299 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
austin, motogp, spolier



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGp Update *Spolier* bradp51 Racing 17 Oct 15th 2013 12:25 AM
MotoGP Austin Photos Reaperz Motorcycle Talk 11 May 1st 2013 05:47 PM
Anyone for the Schwantz School in Austin MotoGp week? PJFZ1 Motorcycle Talk 13 Apr 30th 2013 05:09 PM
MotoGP in Austin duc Motorcycle Talk 29 Mar 28th 2013 07:28 PM
MotoGP April 19th in Austin Reaperz Motorcycle Talk 0 Feb 6th 2013 10:56 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed