Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


Thanks Tree21Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th 2018, 08:15 AM   #11
Member
 
Twisted10's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: NY

Posts: 48
Thanks: 16

Marquez is an animal!
Thanks from mark419ny
Twisted10 is offline  
 
Old May 7th 2018, 09:00 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 613
Thanks: 465

NW1299 is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 10:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,277
Thanks: 1933

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
lets be honest it doesnt matter where DOVI finishes or the rest of the field. dovi winning is a ducati fans dream but will never be a reality. last year marquez came from 40 points back. this year they strip him of 25 points for no reason and it turns out to be the marquez show. so now he wins by 5-8 seconds because he isnt allowed to race anyone. so now he races from when the lights go out, he destroys the field from the beginning. i wonder what dance and what lap he starts waving to the fans next week.
mark419ny is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 10:20 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,277
Thanks: 1933

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
fyi for all you people that think marc should have been punished at Argentina for being so much faster than flopsi. lets not forget he was penalized for all the other nonsense.

anyway dani doesnt think so but what does he know. the bias is huge. in dani own words

“It was a race incident for me in Argentina - it wasn't for Marc with Vale, but Zarco and me, yes. I highside because I pull up the bike. After Zarco's mistake coming into the [corner] I tried to give space, I finally end up in the hospital and this time - OK Lorenzo maybe don't see me, don't look or didn't expect me there or whatever – but he didn't pick up the bike and 'boom!' we ended up crashing. And I highside again. And again 'race incident'.

“So I go there to understand what is the point and how they judge things because from my point of view, it wasn't just that easy. At the end you have many other riders watching the incident, many other riders in Moto3 and Moto2 taking example of us, and this was a triple accident! Which I was never involved before.

“I ask them, 'How do you judge this?' because I don’t understand. And then we start asking, ‘OK so I was on the inside, I was on the correct line on the track yes? They were on the outside and coming back from a mistake so they were re-joining the correct line on the track, yes?

“'So, when you are in the right line who has the preference, the guy who is inside or the guy who is outside?' The guy who is inside. OK, so then whose fault [was it]? 'Well we already took our decision.’

“So finally they said if you don't agree with our decision, which I don't, make an appeal. But this meant I would say that I want Jorge to be penalised, because I don't agree with the decision. But what I want them to understand is that I don't want a penalty for Jorge, I want them to understand correctly what is happening on the track because they don’t.

“Firstly and most importantly it's because sometimes they don’t face the things. I came there, I could barely walk, and I went there walking and Mr Mike Webb didn't even want to join the meeting and he was next door. So I deserve a little bit more respect than this.”

Last edited by mark419ny; May 7th 2018 at 10:25 AM.
mark419ny is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 11:30 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 613
Thanks: 465

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
fyi for all you people that think marc should have been punished at Argentina for being so much faster than flopsi. lets not forget he was penalized for all the other nonsense.

anyway dani doesnt think so but what does he know. the bias is huge. in dani own words

“It was a race incident for me in Argentina - it wasn't for Marc with Vale, but Zarco and me, yes. I highside because I pull up the bike. After Zarco's mistake coming into the [corner] I tried to give space, I finally end up in the hospital and this time - OK Lorenzo maybe don't see me, don't look or didn't expect me there or whatever – but he didn't pick up the bike and 'boom!' we ended up crashing. And I highside again. And again 'race incident'.

“So I go there to understand what is the point and how they judge things because from my point of view, it wasn't just that easy. At the end you have many other riders watching the incident, many other riders in Moto3 and Moto2 taking example of us, and this was a triple accident! Which I was never involved before.

“I ask them, 'How do you judge this?' because I don’t understand. And then we start asking, ‘OK so I was on the inside, I was on the correct line on the track yes? They were on the outside and coming back from a mistake so they were re-joining the correct line on the track, yes?

“'So, when you are in the right line who has the preference, the guy who is inside or the guy who is outside?' The guy who is inside. OK, so then whose fault [was it]? 'Well we already took our decision.’

“So finally they said if you don't agree with our decision, which I don't, make an appeal. But this meant I would say that I want Jorge to be penalised, because I don't agree with the decision. But what I want them to understand is that I don't want a penalty for Jorge, I want them to understand correctly what is happening on the track because they don’t.

“Firstly and most importantly it's because sometimes they don’t face the things. I came there, I could barely walk, and I went there walking and Mr Mike Webb didn't even want to join the meeting and he was next door. So I deserve a little bit more respect than this.”

I'm not really understanding what Pedrosa's point is. He's sort of saying it's Lorenzo's fault but also saying it isn't, and that he doesn't want him to be penalized. I don't think any of them were particularly reckless or at fault. Racing incident is just that....shit happened. Nobody deserves a penalty, and what is race direction supposed to do about it? Riders can learn from that situation and try to avoid it in the future.


Marquez deserved the black flag/time penalty in Argentina. The fact that Rossi was involved is irrelevant.


But anyway, like you say, even with the results from Argentina I don't see anyone coming close to MM this year. He's the best rider on the best bike and he's riding smart. You never know what can happen, but putting your money on anyone other than Marc would be braver than me.
NW1299 is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 12:32 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,277
Thanks: 1933

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by NW1299 View Post
I'm not really understanding what Pedrosa's point is. He's sort of saying it's Lorenzo's fault but also saying it isn't, and that he doesn't want him to be penalized. I don't think any of them were particularly reckless or at fault. Racing incident is just that....shit happened. Nobody deserves a penalty, and what is race direction supposed to do about it? Riders can learn from that situation and try to avoid it in the future.


Marquez deserved the black flag/time penalty in Argentina. The fact that Rossi was involved is irrelevant.


But anyway, like you say, even with the results from Argentina I don't see anyone coming close to MM this year. He's the best rider on the best bike and he's riding smart. You never know what can happen, but putting your money on anyone other than Marc would be braver than me.
dani is basically saying what zarco said in the press conference.
that the penalties should be the penalties no matter who the riders involved are . zarco was refering to 2015 sepang where nothing happened.
mark419ny is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 03:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
centeroff's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 1,032
Thanks: 600

I Ride: 1199Panigale,V11 Sport Ballibio
Lorenzo stuck a soft front tyre on, got to the front and led for awhile, his tyre went off and he was in the way, once the 93 got by, Dovi had to go with him, and once again whoregay was a rolling chicane. This time with dire consequence. On his cut back to block pedrosa it all turned to shit. Whoregay has been a liability to Ducati, the only upside to his tenure there, is motivating Dovi.
centeroff is offline  
Old May 7th 2018, 03:47 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 613
Thanks: 465

Originally Posted by centeroff View Post
Lorenzo stuck a soft front tyre on, got to the front and led for awhile, his tyre went off and he was in the way, once the 93 got by, Dovi had to go with him, and once again whoregay was a rolling chicane. This time with dire consequence. On his cut back to block pedrosa it all turned to shit. Whoregay has been a liability to Ducati, the only upside to his tenure there, is motivating Dovi.
Yeah, you could tell Dovi's frustration was boiling over. Lorenzo is so difficult to pass because of the lines he takes through corners. Exactly why Pedro probably thought he was clear through there and went up the inside.

It actually goes back to the incident at T1 in Austin between Miller and Lorenzo. The passing rider, (Miller in Austin, Pedro in Jerez) sees an open door, and before you know it Lorenzo slams it shut and nobody has anywhere to go.
NW1299 is offline  
Old May 8th 2018, 12:17 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,277
Thanks: 1933

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by NW1299 View Post
Yeah, you could tell Dovi's frustration was boiling over. Lorenzo is so difficult to pass because of the lines he takes through corners. Exactly why Pedro probably thought he was clear through there and went up the inside.

It actually goes back to the incident at T1 in Austin between Miller and Lorenzo. The passing rider, (Miller in Austin, Pedro in Jerez) sees an open door, and before you know it Lorenzo slams it shut and nobody has anywhere to go.
just like flopsi in argentina. opening there flopsi didnt stand up the bike. only difference is who the racers were.
mark419ny is offline  
Old May 8th 2018, 01:05 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 613
Thanks: 465

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
just like flopsi in argentina. opening there flopsi didnt stand up the bike. only difference is who the racers were.
lol not the same. You're wrong on this one man, sorry. We don't agree!
Thanks from mark419ny
NW1299 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
jerez, motogp, spoiler



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 MotoGP Jerez *Spoilers* BadBoyBeltran Racing 39 May 11th 2017 09:34 AM
[Spoiler] MotoGP Malaysian GP youngR Racing 414 Nov 6th 2015 09:40 AM
***Spoiler Alert*** MotoGP Jerez 2015 - 4th race of the season Phl Racing 12 May 4th 2015 04:35 PM
Rossi at Jerez (SPOILER ALERT) youngR Racing 8 May 4th 2014 08:30 PM
MotoGP **Spoiler*** rm4two Racing 4 Jun 30th 2012 05:08 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed