Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 5th 2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
rm4two's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 1,018
Thanks: 176

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory
Possible replacement for Speed?

Could this be Fox's plan to replace SpeedTV?

FOX Sports announces FOX Sports 1 network - News | FOX Sports on MSN
rm4two is offline  
 
Old Mar 5th 2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Thumbs down Loss

That is def wishful thinking because that stupid ass Speed channel lost a large population of bike enthusiasts by dropping all bike racing, oh except for dirtbike shit which I am willing to bet my disability check has less of a following than AMA, World SBK or Moto GP!

Maybe its because of that idiot toolbag Greg White and all his dumbass comments and questions that ruined it for the sport! I know the guy personally and cannot stand to be in the same room as that guy, those of you who know what I mean can attest.

Wish some rich dude would pick up all road racing and televise it instead of all these effed up reality shows that fizzle out after one season. Two thumbs down to Speed for kicking us all to the curb!
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Denver Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Denver, Colorado

Posts: 452
Thanks: 138

I Ride: '12 1199 Panigale S Tricolore
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
That is def wishful thinking because that stupid ass Speed channel lost a large population of bike enthusiasts by dropping all bike racing, oh except for dirtbike shit which I am willing to bet my disability check has less of a following than AMA, World SBK or Moto GP!

Maybe its because of that idiot toolbag Greg White and all his dumbass comments and questions that ruined it for the sport! I know the guy personally and cannot stand to be in the same room as that guy, those of you who know what I mean can attest.

Wish some rich dude would pick up all road racing and televise it instead of all these effed up reality shows that fizzle out after one season. Two thumbs down to Speed for kicking us all to the curb!
Don't edit yourself Gunny, tell us what you really think.
Denver Rick is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rm4two's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 1,018
Thanks: 176

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory
We all know Fox plans to turn Speed into the typical "Ball and stick" (+NASCRAP) sports network. This seemed like the beginning of that move?

Last edited by rm4two; Mar 5th 2013 at 01:41 PM.
rm4two is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
tstephenson's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Lone Tree CO

Posts: 469
Thanks: 6

I Ride: 2012 1199 Panigale Tri
I only see reference to that facinatingly waste of fuel - NASCAR
tstephenson is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Thumbs up Roger that!

Originally Posted by Denver Rick View Post
Don't edit yourself Gunny, tell us what you really think.
Not a problem at all my man! I am ready to give you all the inside scoop if you want it??
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Dizzy

Originally Posted by tstephenson View Post
I only see reference to that facinatingly waste of fuel - NASCAR

You mean you dont enjoy the "Redneck Olympics" and get dizzy watching cars go around in circles for hours directly behind each other?
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 02:04 PM   #8
Retired
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: ga

Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 384

I thought Speed2 was to be the new 2nd network.
zvez is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
NorthBankGooner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Tenerife, Spain & Quantum of the Seas

Posts: 324
Thanks: 110

I Ride: 1199
Originally Posted by tstephenson View Post
I only see reference to that facinatingly waste of fuel - NASCAR
+1 Never understood NASCAR. Quite simply a bunch of cars going round in a circle, quite literally........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
NorthBankGooner is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2013, 04:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by NorthBankGooner View Post
+1 Never understood NASCAR. Quite simply a bunch of cars going round in a circle, quite literally........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
I don't understand the popularity of NASCAR either. Why did that catch on, but nobody (at least in the states) watches F1, WSBK or MotoGP? It's astonishing what sports catch on here and which ones don't. I can only name like 2 people who even know who Messi is. sad..
Capt CF is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Racing

Tags
replacement, speed



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First 1199 How-To: Air Filter replacement AntiHero Guides 32 Aug 9th 2017 10:31 AM
Dash Replacement Twice? omega10 Mechanical and Technical 10 May 20th 2013 01:13 AM
Key card for Dash replacement WAfatboy Ducati 1199 19 Mar 6th 2013 10:51 PM
Screen Replacement Suggestions PaddockStand Mechanical and Technical 13 Nov 25th 2012 09:12 AM
Replacement Tyres SPJ Mechanical and Technical 12 Jun 18th 2012 05:55 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed