Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Reviews

Reviews Rider reviews about bikes, parts, gear, accessories, places


Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By cyung0277
  • 1 Post By jyli19
  • 1 Post By cyung0277
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 28th 2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: Medford, MA

Posts: 3
Thanks: 1

Motodynamic Tail tidy

Has anybody installed motodynamic Tail tidy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aayp is offline  
 
Old Jul 31st 2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: michigan

Posts: 173
Thanks: 23

I had one on a supersport, it was great. Best fit and finish out of all of them for that bike.
spinkick is offline  
Old Aug 1st 2018, 11:10 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: So-Cal

Posts: 987
Thanks: 195

good question, i am also interested in the MD tail tidy.
jyli19 is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
cyung0277's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2017
From: NH

Posts: 7
Thanks: 2

I Ride: Red 1199
Originally Posted by aayp View Post
Has anybody installed motodynamic Tail tidy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have this on my 899 when I had that bike. It's actually a really nice kit for the Panigales. The materials are really high quality and the price is nice.
I still have the MD tail tidy kit, but am using a NRC kit for my 1199.
Thanks from aayp
cyung0277 is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 10:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: So-Cal

Posts: 987
Thanks: 195

I just pulled the trigger and got one.

It's pretty good, cast metal, a bit heavier vs OEM plastic. Fits well, looks pretty good. Installation a bit tricky. Instead of using the OEM 4 bolts, it uses a single M8x40 through the middle hole, and a locking piece from inside the tail. So taking it on and off isn't as easy as OEM, or Evotech.


The plus side is all the pieces are separate, if you don't want turn signals, leave it off. For track use, leave off the plate piece, you end up with a just cover for the undertail. Nice look.
Thanks from aayp
jyli19 is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2018, 06:37 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2017
From: Medford, MA

Posts: 3
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post
I just pulled the trigger and got one.

It's pretty good, cast metal, a bit heavier vs OEM plastic. Fits well, looks pretty good. Installation a bit tricky. Instead of using the OEM 4 bolts, it uses a single M8x40 through the middle hole, and a locking piece from inside the tail. So taking it on and off isn't as easy as OEM, or Evotech.


The plus side is all the pieces are separate, if you don't want turn signals, leave it off. For track use, leave off the plate piece, you end up with a just cover for the undertail. Nice look.


Thanks! Do you mind sharing a couple of pictures? . I might get one soon.. just saw on Revzilla that yoshimura are coming out with a tail tidy as well. Waiting to check that one out and then make a call.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aayp is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2018, 07:14 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
cyung0277's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2017
From: NH

Posts: 7
Thanks: 2

I Ride: Red 1199
Originally Posted by aayp View Post
Thanks! Do you mind sharing a couple of pictures? . I might get one soon.. just saw on Revzilla that yoshimura are coming out with a tail tidy as well. Waiting to check that one out and then make a call.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some from my old bike. Not close up pics, but you get the idea. I will agree the fit on the bike is really good and I like it better than the NRC I use on the 1199. But I like the plate location closer towards the center of the bike.





Thanks from Mutt1979
cyung0277 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Reviews

Tags
motodynamic, tail, tidy



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light Jae2011 Ducati 1199 57 Jul 2nd 2018 11:14 AM
tidy tail? Nikt Ducati 1199 7 Oct 10th 2016 09:30 AM
Tail Tidy ScottJon Ducati 1199 29 Apr 24th 2013 12:04 PM
Want To Buy: Tail Tidy Stw Want To Buy 5 Oct 3rd 2012 12:02 PM
R&G tail tidy Scott Parker Ducati 1199 11 Mar 6th 2012 01:09 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed