1199 doesnt start, need help!!

Aug 2015
USA
Great topic and for sure the source of much frustration thanks to Ducati's engineering dept's sense of humor. Its a bitch and just about everyone chews up some radiator fins trying it. First put a cut sheet of card board over the Rad. You can get a flex socket shaft with a short 10mm. By flex shaft i mean literally the spring flex shaft extension. the torque value is only 10nm so its fine for that. I replaced the nuts with 12 point when I did the Akra to give me bit more flexibility if i need to pull it.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2012
Chicago
Great topic and for sure the source of much frustration thanks to Ducati's engineering dept's sense of humor. Its a bitch and just about everyone chews up some radiator fins trying it. First put a cut sheet of card board over the Rad. You can get a flex socket shaft with a short 10mm. By flex shaft i mean literally the spring flex shaft extension. the torque value is only 10nm so its fine for that. I replaced the nuts with 12 point when I did the Akra to give me bit more flexibility if i need to pull it.
Oh,would something like this work ?

Neiko 00239A Flexible Extension Bar Set, 1/4"/3/8", 2 Piece - Extension Cords - Amazon.com

Most of the bike is put back, just need to add engine oil and coolant. i'll probably flush the coolant and add distilled water + water wetter.

Since my bike is a 2012 model, the oil filter cap was a pain to get out. I'll have to do something about it to make it easier to get out.

Oct 2019
Pakistan
Hy
I have ducati 1199 .2012 model
He won't start
I change crank piston senser
Spark plugs and quails
And I check fuel pump pressure OK
And I check injector but fuel injection didn't work
I check injector voltage is show 9.0 and I check driect crunt he is works but bike didn't works
When I start bike he miss fire order
What can I do tell me thans