15000 mile service - hint to diagnostic / service reset tool

May 2012
Nashville
Was at the dealer not to long ago and was talking to techs. They were talking about the 15000 mile service and that if the intakes had to be shimmed that the motor had to be pulled and that the time to do the job would be like 30 hours labor. Anyone had any experience with this yet?

Jun 2013
Wiesbaden, Germany
that kind of wouldn't surprise me. The back side of the motor would be easy, just pull off the subframe and the fuel tank, and the valve cover comes right off. As for the other half, it sits directly under the frame/airbox...

Jun 2012
Nz
Nah, it would surprise me as the front head should be accessible after you remove the radiators (about 1 hr)
I haven't the shop manual to hand - perhaps someone will check...

Nov 2011
Round the World on an 1199
I've had mine done--and it won't be long before I have to do it again.

The entire bike is disassembled--front end comes off, rear comes off. My valves were in spec, too. $2000 valve check!

The service intervals are now 2x what they used to be, but so is the cost.

Reactions: 2 people
Aug 2013
Canada
What was the shop time? I have to take mine in couple weeks,they told me it will 8 to 9 hours and about 1200$ sound like they may be wrong :mad:

May 2012
Nashville
The techs told me it was about a 30 hr. job. and at their shop rate it would be over $3000 to do. I do believe that Ducati will keep the price down to around $2000 even thought it will take longer to do.

May 2013
Lake Wobegon
So who is going to be the first to post a DIY? It seems like a very labor intensive project but with the process clearly outlined it could make for a great way to get through the winter season.

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
So who is going to be the first to post a DIY? It seems like a very labor intensive project but with the process clearly outlined it could make for a great way to get through the winter season.
i think you need some special tools, but they are all listed in the manual... outside of the warranty i will go DIY. :cool:

but with 5k left until may, i might bring it to DUCATI and go with the extended warranty.

Reactions: 1 person