15000 mile service - hint to diagnostic / service reset tool

Stw

Former Staff
Aug 2012
Dallas.Tx
i think you need some special tools, but they are all listed in the manual... outside of the warranty i will go DIY. :cool:

but with 5k left until may, i might bring it to DUCATI and go with the extended warranty.
Phil...what would the difference in having the extra warranty make to the valve job???

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
Phil...what would the difference in having the extra warranty make to the valve job???
to keep the warranty all maintenance jobs have to be done by an authorized workshop. (might be even just DUC dealers)

so if i decide to go without warranty it's DIY and if i extend i will have to drain 2k outta the wallet.

btw, got the manual? ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Stw

Former Staff
Aug 2012
Dallas.Tx
to keep the warranty all maintenance jobs have to be done by an authorized workshop. (might be even just DUC dealers)

so if i decide to go without warranty it's DIY and if i extend i will have to drain 2k outta the wallet.

btw, got the manual? ;)
Ok cool...makes sense now ...No manual here.... That job is not something for the faint of heart...

Stw

Former Staff
Aug 2012
Dallas.Tx
You can take this with a big or small grain of salt as you wish...but "my" Ducati guy says valve jobs can be left until 30000 easily..he said all he checks out at 15000 are within spec any way....

May 2013
Lake Wobegon

btw, got the manual? ;)
Are oil changes included in this maintenance warranty requirement?

Sep 2012
Florida
You can take this with a big or small grain of salt as you wish...but "my" Ducati guy says valve jobs can be left until 30000 easily..he said all he checks out at 15000 are within spec any way....
This is exactly what I was thinking......

May 2013
Lake Wobegon
Two questions:

1) Would waiting until 30,000 miles void the warranty/extended warranty, or is the stipulation simply that if the work is done, it must be done at an authorized workshop?

2) Is there a maintenance reminder that will pop up on the dash at 15,000 miles? If so, any ideas on how this could be reset without having the work done?

Stw

Former Staff
Aug 2012
Dallas.Tx
1/ Pretty sure its a requirement of the warranty..

2/ There is a Desmo service light at 15000.. only someone with access to DDS. can remove this..

Jun 2013
Wiesbaden, Germany

btw, got the manual? ;)
would this also apply to oil changes or no?