15000 mile service - hint to diagnostic / service reset tool

May 2012
Nashville
From what the techs told me it was only if they were out of spec and had to be shimmed and it was only the intakes I believe. If they were in spec it was no need to completely disassemble the bike.

Oct 2012
New Jersey Shore
Yeah, Ducati really scummed it (their marketing) up big time when the 1199 came around.

"Yeah, major service intervals are now TWICE what the used to be!" Fine print: but, get ready to lube up your asshole when going in for that two times + priced $2,000+ service. Once my R comes around that mileage I'm selling it and by that time I'll be picking up a 2015/2016 Corvette and saying seeya to Ducati. Ducati is out of their fucking mind with their absurd service costs.

Mar 2012
philly
you guys should be happy....if you go back to the old superbikes....a major service was every 6k miles....im not worried about the 15k....no biggie....especially knowing what desmo owners had to pay for their major services....im also sure this 1199 SL will have people not wanting to ride at all with their service prices lmao...but at the end of the day....exotic machinery comes with a price tag....same story for exotic vehicles as well

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2013
Somewhere in a constant state of non compos mentis
Yeah, Ducati really scummed it (their marketing) up big time when the 1199 came around.

"Yeah, major service intervals are now TWICE what the used to be!" Fine print: but, get ready to lube up your asshole when going in for that two times + priced $2,000+ service. Once my R comes around that mileage I'm selling it and by that time I'll be picking up a 2015/2016 Corvette and saying seeya to Ducati. Ducati is out of their fucking mind with their absurd service costs.
And you just bought your second Ducati in a year!:confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2012
New Jersey Shore
And you just bought your second Ducati in a year!:confused::confused::confused:
Third. Multistrada and two 1199's, but who's counting.

Clearly I'm insane continuing to buy Ducati's but they're just so fucking beautiful. And now today while on a 200 mile ride with some guys I lost the left side DP Aluminum mirror block-off from my R :mad::mad::mad: My fault though, dumb fuck me forgot to put some blue Loctite