2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S Pictures - International Motorcycle Show

Sep 2014
Newcastle, Australia
Apart from a different sticker on the fairing, different mirror stalks and black cans it looks the same as mine!

I do like the look of the black cans though.

Mig

Sep 2012
Portugal
Apart from a different sticker on the fairing, different mirror stalks and black cans it looks the same as mine!

I do like the look of the black cans though.

You should look closer then... :)

Appart from the revised engine... more 100cc and with that it is expected to came more power and torque. Also different rake and trail angles.

And from the outside you can also spot a different tail and front cowl!

Enough changes for me? No, I'll still keep my 1199R, but if I was on the process of buying a new model I'd sure buy the new model.

Sep 2014
Newcastle, Australia
You should look closer then... :)

Appart from the revised engine... more 100cc and with that it is expected to came more power and torque. Also different rake and trail angles.

And from the outside you can also spot a different tail and front cowl!

Enough changes for me? No, I'll still keep my 1199R, but if I was on the process of buying a new model I'd sure buy the new model.
Sorry, didn't have my dyno or protractor with me ;)

Stand by what I said though, it LOOKS (for all intents and purporses) the same as mine

Sep 2014
Perth
Brilliant pics !!! I'm salivating looking at that bike, only another 5 months till it lands here in Perth :(

Feb 2013
State of Jefferson
Looks like they reconfigured the exhaust for those of us who ride in shorts and sandles from time to time. The mirrors look a little better too. So far I'll stick to my old anemic1199, it more than gets the job done.

Jun 2014
Orlando
They changed out the shitty pegs!! Sounds (looks) like ducati was listening after all! Bike looks stunning, curious if you can now change the windscreen without removing front cowling... And rear seat cowl looks trick. All around gorgeous.

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
with this design they save ~ 30% on cost on the exhaust cans.

it will make the coring a little more complicated, but i already have something in the pipeline :D

Aug 2012
California
Im glad they only made "minor" changes to the 1299 visually because it keeps the 1199 looking new and not obsolete. As far as performance I see no reason to buy a 1299 if you already have an 1199. Unless you are racing. That midrange boost they claim will help with street riding but then again I personally think the 1199 has more than enough midrange to kill you on the streets. Awesome bike though. The lean abs will help those who need it but im still not sold on the new electronic suspension the jury is still out out on that one. If i were to buy a new one it would be the R or base.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2013
Lawrenceville, GA
Interesting that they changed outlet angle on the exhaust. I'm guessing there's some incremental advantage to it in terms of airflow. But I like the angle of the older ones. And prefer the brushed AL to the black.
Stylistically, I prefer the older cowl bodywork. Those inlets to the side of the headlights look like.....holes. They're much more hidden/blended on the older style. And definitely like the older tail cowl better than this newer one. Looks like it's an attempt to save money by having a single cowl serving as both mono/2-up.

Reactions: 2 people

duc

Forum Staff
Nov 2011
Northwest
The mirrors look a little better too.
+1

Yeah, as I was looking at the 1299, the overall aesthetics and build quality of the mirror were significantly better IMHO. I know, they are just mirrors, but I like the new and improved solid mount with the space for airflow.

2015 1299 mirror:

2014 1199 mirror: