Carbon Fiber Subframe

Feb 2013
TX
Does anyone make a carbon fiber subframe for the 1299? In my never ending quest to make this bike lighter this is one of the last components I can drop weight from. I see the full monocoque tailpiece from Fullsix, but I'm wanting to keep my plastics. Just looking for the subframe alone. Does such animal exist? google search only shows CF subframe covers and the Fullsix piece.

I suppose I could go the Motoholders route but I'm unsure if I can retain the street stuff with their subframe. The website says race only.

Apr 2015
Durham, UK.
What street stuff are you wanting to retain? Panels, lights etc are no problem with
the motoholders. It may need a little tinkering here and there but its easily doable.

I'm not sure about passenger pegs cosmetically and would doubt it had the strength
for a pillion.

Mick1976

Site Sponsor
Jul 2016
Nor Cal
Hey man so no one ever made a exact carbon replica of the stock subframe. The 2014 1199SL had something similar but had to use there tail section so that whole setup exceeds what a Full Six mono runs plus if your looking to stay super light the Full Six setup is little bit lighter then the SL anyway less shit less parts to deal with also.

Does anyone make a carbon fiber subframe for the 1299? In my never ending quest to make this bike lighter this is one of the last components I can drop weight from. I see the full monocoque tailpiece from Fullsix, but I'm wanting to keep my plastics. Just looking for the subframe alone. Does such animal exist? google search only shows CF subframe covers and the Fullsix piece.

I suppose I could go the Motoholders route but I'm unsure if I can retain the street stuff with their subframe. The website says race only.

Feb 2013
TX
What street stuff are you wanting to retain? Panels, lights etc are no problem with
the motoholders. It may need a little tinkering here and there but its easily doable.

I'm not sure about passenger pegs cosmetically and would doubt it had the strength
for a pillion.
Lights, NRC fender eliminator, and the Akra exhaust bolts. Pillions never even went on the bike.

Hey man so no one ever made a exact carbon replica of the stock subframe. The 2014 1199SL had something similar but had to use there tail section so that whole setup exceeds what a Full Six mono runs plus if your looking to stay super light the Full Six setup is little bit lighter then the SL anyway less shit less parts to deal with also.
That's what I was afraid of. Weird that they would make a full monocoque and every other component of the tail out of CF but not a stand alone subframe.

Jan 2013
USA
Lights, NRC fender eliminator, and the Akra exhaust bolts. Pillions never even went on the bike.

That's what I was afraid of. Weird that they would make a full monocoque and every other component of the tail out of CF but not a stand alone subframe.
I have motoholder and it should work with stock stuff.

Twistedracer has Fullsix tail. He loves them. I thought Fullsix tail has option that has cut out for lights..:confused:

Mick1976

Site Sponsor
Jul 2016
Nor Cal
I won't run anything other then the Full Six mono tail its super light weight and has tons of room inside so works out good if you need to mount electronics like the Woolrich V3 log boxes/harness stuff etc.

Twistedracer has Fullsix tail. He loves them. I thought Fullsix tail has option that has cut out for lights..:confused:

Mick1976

Site Sponsor
Jul 2016
Nor Cal
Yes Yonger that's correct the stock OEM light or a Comp Werkes mounts right up there is 3 vertical carbon brackets that the light mounts too plus the cover/light can be removed in seconds. This is the carbon tail tidy/bracket setup I make for the Full Six mono tail light cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2013
TX
Anyone have a pic of a street going 1299 with the motoholders? There's a few points I'm worried about.

Fullsix does make a street monocoque. I'm tracking them but didn't really want to go that route.

Mick1976

Site Sponsor
Jul 2016
Nor Cal
OPP is not stocking anything anymore and doubt they will ever get again so the guys at Conquest Carbon has all the Full Six in stock and fast shipping to the USA 7-10 days.

https://conquestracingltd.com/product/fullsix-ducati-panigale-959-1299-carbon-fibre-mono-tail-seat-subframe/

Anyone have a pic of a street going 1299 with the motoholders? There's a few points I'm worried about.

Fullsix does make a street monocoque. I'm tracking them but didn't really want to go that route.