Carbon Fiber Subframe

Sep 2012
NYC
Doesn't work with the Akra heat shield mounting points. It would be nice if it did. I agree, they make nice stuff.
damn, the Akra really does cause alot of problems from installation, lack of belly pans and noise regs.

Good luck

Feb 2013
TX
Yes Yonger that's correct the stock OEM light or a Comp Werkes mounts right up there is 3 vertical carbon brackets that the light mounts too plus the cover/light can be removed in seconds. This is the carbon tail tidy/bracket setup I make for the Full Six mono tail light cover.

I just gave a second look at your piece and that's some nice work Mick. If I could persuade you into making another, it may sway me to the FullSix mono.

Your RCS brackets have worked out great. Much appreciated.

Mick1976

Site Sponsor
Jul 2016
Nor Cal
Hey man awesome yeah I can pump out brackets and tidy stuff anytime so just let me know

I just gave a second look at your piece and that's some nice work Mick. If I could persuade you into making another, it may sway me to the FullSix mono.

Your RCS brackets have worked out great. Much appreciated.

Mar 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Does anyone make a carbon fiber subframe for the 1299? In my never ending quest to make this bike lighter this is one of the last components I can drop weight from. I see the full monocoque tailpiece from Fullsix, but I'm wanting to keep my plastics. Just looking for the subframe alone. Does such animal exist? google search only shows CF subframe covers and the Fullsix piece.

I suppose I could go the Motoholders route but I'm unsure if I can retain the street stuff with their subframe. The website says race only.
Rogue
I have the full six street setup came with both track only and street set up. I had it painted to look OEM.

Feb 2013
TX
Reactions: 1 person

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
Appreciate it Phil but it looks like it's not in stock :(

Seems to be about the same price as the FullSix unit anyway. Still blows my mind that no one makes a stand alone subframe out of CF. I'm stuck buying the whole tail section. No bueno in a crash.
I guess they just make them to order.