Carbon frame covers

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Hi guys, I have purchased DP frame covers and they came with what looks like cheap white double sided tape which doesn't look remotely like it would withstand any sort of heat, not like the grey good quality 3M tape.
Any recommendations of something a bit better that won't damage the frames?
Thanks in advance

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Thanks Ducaikev, Just as I suspected that the dark 3M was the best to use, I thought about using PR1422 B 1/2 sealant / adhesive but would never be able to remove it if required. Cheers

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
Clean the mating surfaces with alcohol or an alcohol prep pad before heating it too. (Degrease)

Some ppl suggest taking that sticker on the frame off and Stick it To your service manual or inside the rear seat storage compartment. I hate all those stickers. But the CF covers will be supreme looking!

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Thanks mate I will be sure to do that with isopropyl alcohol, yes I only had a couple of DP carbon bits on my 1199 the rest was a mix of Shift tech and Carbonworld, so all DP for my Streetfighter, I think DP carbon is by far the nicest finish and stands up to the UV better over a long period without getting that greenish pre preg colour, thanks again mate.

Dec 2019
Sweeet, sooo this is a V4 Streetfighter? You can be the wheelie king on that thing if you dial DWC down to a dangerous level

also, look how tiny the exhaust outlet pipe diameter is

Is it in your possession yet?

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Yep V4S SF, hopefully it will arrive in country mid to late May as advised by Ducati, they will then have it in the shop for exhaust install etc and then ship it north so should be able to dial down the DWC and have some fun on the Gillies, Kuranda or Rex range roads by June.

Dec 2019
Are u getting g the full Akra installed? You ever mess with any ECU tuning on your 1199? It’s a miracle on my 1299

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Just the Akra slipons for the SF, I only got the Termi slipons & up map for the 1199, I only weigh 58kg (123lbs) so half the time I don't think the bike knew I was even sitting on it so didn't think I needed to mess with anything else, plenty of power for me, I can only imagine how the V4 will feel, can't wait.