Cheap Fix for Panigale Overheating.

Apr 2015
Boston
I posted a video detailing the installation of a switch to manually override the 1299, 1199, 899. 959 fan. Throw the switch when you get into traffic at about 180-190F and the bike stays under 200F. Aside from the undersized radiators, Ducati has the fan kicking on at 212F. By then the bike heat runs away. Will reprogram the fan when I get a tuneboy and Mac radiators.

https://youtu.be/noLq3ZdnvSo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Dec 2018
At your 6.
Mine' doesnt take long to get to 219F in city traffic...

Is their any other kind of remap other than tuneboy that can get the fans kicking in sooner?

Cheers for the vid. I especially like the vid you've titled moto whores, its on point.

Sep 2013
Orlando
Tuneboy tunes already have a slightly lower fan on point but tunes can be edited to lower fan on-off points to any temp desired, but it is not with the included software, There is a tune edit program from them that can be used. There is a post about it somewhere on here. You have to ask tuneboy direct for the tunedit program

Apr 2017
Detroit
Tuneboy tunes already have a slightly lower fan on point but tunes can be edited to lower fan on-off points to any temp desired, but it is not with the included software, There is a tune edit program from them that can be used. There is a post about it somewhere on here. You have to ask tuneboy direct for the tunedit program

Then I need that tunedit program. Are people turning the fan on at 180?

Sep 2013
Orlando
I played with it a little and started at 185 on 180 off and on hot days 95+ in traffic the cooling system wont go below 189-190, so I have mine set at 195 on and 190 off,

Last edited:
Apr 2017
Detroit
Does anyone know if this is available in the tune edit program? Just asking before I dig out my laptop and cable. I've moved a couple times so it's not where I can put my hands on it quickly.

Mar 2015
Australia
I wish this was possible on melcodiag the only option I want to change is the ecu fan set point.

Anyone tried evans waterless coolant?

Last edited: