Clear paint protection kits

Jun 2019
canada
This statement probably gets said a 1000 times on Ducati forums: If you spent the money on a Ducati, don't cheap out on stuff like this. Cheap film can make your expensive bike look like crap. I would ONLY use a self-healing film: Xpel, Suntek, or 3M. I got mine from thetankslapper. It takes skill to do a good job installing it and is an art if you want it perfect.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Mar 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
I agree it is hard to put on. I purchased the full tankslapper kit back in 12 or 13 when I got the 1199. Now dirt has got under the edges and it does not look as good. I really need to take it off and put some new stuff on. It has saved my paint a couple of times. Especially the lazy boot over the tail.

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
have it done locally by an expert that can give you a 5+ year warranty

Jul 2016
Australia
DO NOT USE 3M Film as when you remove it the glue residue sticks to your paint & nothing will remove it unless you use thinners etc which will stuff your paint. I had the 3M installed on my Desmosedici
by a certified 3M installer and after 5 years it was going yellow/brown so decided to remove the film. I did report my issue to 3M but they did not want to know. Had to re paint my Desmo so don't use 3M

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
My detailer uses Xpel. It’s some great stuff.
kinda defeats the purpose of that which is supposed to protect the pint, ruins the paint

Jun 2019
canada
I have full xpel wrap on my car and doing it on my ducati now. I've been really happy with xpel.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Mar 2014
Steinbach
ive used both the xpel and the 3m.. where the paint is covered, it looks literally new.., where i didnt cover, (the upper fairing side extension on 1299) the paint has a thousand chips..

Mar 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
have it done locally by an expert that can give you a 5+ year warranty
It is great that there is a warranty. Do they re do it if dirt gets under the edges. I doubt anything can stop that unless they wrap each piece past the edges. Be great if they do that. Even the job I did has protected the covered pieces very well.

dhl

Jan 2019
California
My 1299S had one put on by the previous owner. When I first purchased it at 722 miles it had already started to peel off slightly.