DTC EVO 2 and DQS EVO 2

Mar 2018
Houston
My stock one would hesitate or sometimes not shift at all at red line. It would happen randomly, but much more towards the end of day somehow and usually in higher gear changes. Only on track. Street use was fine. I also had it pop into neutral when trying to use first gear, again on track. Initially, I got IRC unit, and it turned out to be a nightmare, their system just didn’t operate on a V4 at all. Massive mistake on my part. I later went and got HM unit (UK based company). That one was a simple plug and plain strain gauge with adjustability for sensitivity. It looked like it improved shifts, but still on occasion I had issues upshifting. I tried different levels of sensitivity 45,40,35,30 and it made shifts worse so I went back to default 50, I also relocated the unit further from engine heat. But last time out in Cota all of the sudden I had nothing but perfect shifts all day and then the next day (I rode half day) I assumed it just roles better, but I didn’t realize that just before this weekend I had software upgraded to Evo 2 and this must have been the main reason it improved. We’ll see. Also love no stupid speed reading turning into dashes past 175 or so. Now it reads 193 MPH on the back straight in COTA before T12. Like graphic action more as well.

Reactions: DucatiKev
May 2019
USA
Does the EVO 2 read as EVO 2 on the dash instead of racing EVO? My dealer said that it's upgraded, but I want to confirm for myself.

Mar 2018
Houston
It shows word Evo next to your selected mode. Race Evo, etc. No it doesn’t show “2”.

May 2019
USA
Although there's nothing I'd rather do, I don't have an opportunity to take it to the track and I'd rather not make it on the next episode of LivePD. Any other way to confirm it's installed?

Mar 2018
Houston
it says EVO next to mode, if installed. Race Evo, street Evo. It also highlights tach needle trail to bright yellow color when it is in the most perfect band. DTC modes are all slick tire or wet race tire.

Aug 2019
Singapore
I got EVO 2 software installed with stock QS. QS is very good now, smooth with shorter time.
I don’t feel the need to change the QS, the software upgrade did the trick for me/ Bike is only used at the track.