Ducati Panigale V4 916 25 Anniversario Build Thread

Dec 2019
San Jose, CA
Parts #8:
Ducati Performance Carbon License Plate Holder.

I plan to NOT install this for now, but just to have it, in case somehow, someway, I need to install the License Plate on this bike. So when I get my License Plate from DMV, I will attached the license plate to this DP Carbon plate holder and perhaps built a stand so it can be displayed on the floor next to the bike. I also plan to order a special number/character for my license plate from DMV later.

The only thing I am not sure for now is, whether to buy the Ducati Performance LED Turn Signal or buy the Rizoma Corse turn signal in RED casing color...

Below is the picture:
IMG_6618.JPG

Dec 2019
San Jose, CA
I dig the custom AELLA colors. Frame sliders and rear tie downs are nice touches.
Thanks torrific,

by the way, I bought my Ducati Performance Carbon Plate Holder from eBay. It was brand new but with a very good price most likely from store closing clearance.
So it has everything inside the box but just missing the 2 actual backing plate. I found someone on eBay sell the larger size Euro backing Plate so I bought it separately, picture below.
I just need to buy the smaller size US backing plate soon when I order the rest of Ducati Performance part from Ducati dealer.

This is the larger Euro backing plate that I already bought separately:

IMG_6758.JPG

Jul 2019
Keep in mind, I believe the matte gloss finish in the Ducati Performance parts have a slightly different gloss coat compared to parts from Ilmberger and Full Six. I originally had the Ducati rear hugger, but noticed how different it was on the front that I got from Ilmberger, so I just stick with all Ilmberger since.

Dec 2019
San Jose, CA
Hello,
I plan to purchase most of my future carbon fiber parts (matte finish) from Peter Lieb: Ducati Panigale V4 Carbon Parts
but I need to wait a bit longer until Peter has the exhaust cover, license plate removal cover and sprocket cover (he is currently developing it), plus most of this part will be to cover the rear subframe and under the seat.
I am also hoping Peter will offer the air tube cover. I believe Peter's part is a perfect match with Ducati Performance one (hope so :D)

the only parts from Ilmberger most likely will be Ilmberger Carbon Instrument cover matt Part# IAO.130.DPV4M.K
and perhaps air tube cover if Peter does not offer it in the near future.

I also plan to buy the Carbon chain guard from Ducati Performance, but they are now not available until either end of this month or as late as April:
Carbon chain guard. | Carbon | accessory Ducati

Nov 2018
NZ
Do you mind if I ask why you would get a bike like this, bling it out and use it as an objet d'art as opposed to riding it? I'm amazed that this is a thing as quite a few people do it. I've always wanted to make a bike into a cutaway decoration but thats probably a step too far for Ducati!

Dec 2019
San Jose, CA
Do you mind if I ask why you would get a bike like this, bling it out and use it as an objet d'art as opposed to riding it? I'm amazed that this is a thing as quite a few people do it. I've always wanted to make a bike into a cutaway decoration but thats probably a step too far for Ducati!
Hello Paul,

I used to have the original Ducati 916 in 1995. I used to ride motorcycles everyday and ride it hard. I am now close to 50 years old, have 2 sons, one going to college this year, one in junior high school and a wife.
My wife is a housewife. So I have a lot of responsibility in my hand and need to be alive.

One of my business friend just died 3 weeks ago from a motorcycle accident.
My uncle died about 20 years ago from a motorcycle accident.
My college roommate older brother paralyzed for more than a year before eventually die after his bike was hit from behind
My college friend hit by a jeep wrangler on Angeles Crest (California), broke his pelvis (and his gas tank) and had to go back home to his country never finished his college and never marry after the accident.

I used to own Aprilia exclusive distributor at my home country in the year 2000 until 2005 and also own a motorcycle racing teams.

Oh, on my way back from Reno 2 days ago (where I pick this bike), I saw a biker riding harley davidson having accident on the freeway, not too far from a Harley dealer, seemed like a reminder for me to be careful, stay alive and be there for my sons and wife instead of having too much fun and get into trouble.

Some people need to ride their bike to enjoy it, some people just need to modify their bike and enjoy it as well without the need to ride it.
I had enough fun driving fast on a motorcycle (in the past) and now just want to own a very nice ANNIVERSARIO theme bike for EYE CANDY and SENTIMENTAL NOSTALGIC Purposes.
That is more than enough to make me happy without having to ride it. I hope I answer your question ;)

Oh, one last thing, I am also an engineer, so I guess, instead of displaying painting/antique porcelain, I rather display a marvelous piece of engineering in my living room and admire it :D