Dumb question I know...

Apr 2012
Juneau, AK
Anyone know how much a ducabike clear clutch cover weighs in comparison to the stock magnesium cover? I'd like to do a few tasteful mods while not adding weight unessessarily to a bike that prides itself on being light. Also wanting to get radiator guards to avoid damaging the radiator.....yes I'm riding this thing..... it isntt going to collect dust as a garage ornament only. So far I see motocorse offers full titanium radiator guards, but at about 600 bucks for both...ouch. any other people making titanium ones?

Dec 2013
vancouver, b.c
You could do one of the STM dry clutch conversions if you wanted something with a bit more visual and auditory pop for your SL...

Sep 2012
Switzerland
Hi gnance

Thanks for your PM. Yep, I have the STM installed on my SL. Did it myself. I wouldn't give the job to a regular dealer unless you are wealthy and really trust him. To do a clean installation you need some pressing stamps. You can easely make them on a small lathe. Without them I could imagine that two seals wouldn't be 100% tight afterwards.

I still love the thing. STM had problems with the central spider-spring. There must be a new version out by now. Next to Bursig and STM there is another product out now: NOVA's clutch.

There were threads here like http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1299/26246-dry-clutch-conversion.html

Unfortunately all my pictures have been deleted by the site administrator and the new upload function is shit. So I stopped contributing to his forum.

Apr 2012
Juneau, AK
Hi gnance

Thanks for your PM. Yep, I have the STM installed on my SL. Did it myself. I wouldn't give the job to a regular dealer unless you are wealthy and really trust him. To do a clean installation you need some pressing stamps. You can easely make them on a small lathe. Without them I could imagine that two seals wouldn't be 100% tight afterwards.

I still love the thing. STM had problems with the central spider-spring. There must be a new version out by now. Next to Bursig and STM there is another product out now: NOVA's clutch.

There were threads here like http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1299/26246-dry-clutch-conversion.html

Unfortunately all my pictures have been deleted by the site administrator and the new upload function is shit. So I stopped contributing to his forum.
Thanks. I really want to see a pic of your bike. Souunds like you have some awesome mods to it

Sep 2012
NYC
the less you do to your SL the better, look to keep it original besides a tail tidy and maybe rearsets.