Export data from DDA?

May 2014
504
341
London, UK
Thanks mate that's great. I need to find some time to make sense of the data and compare with the DDA read out. I've got three columns without headers at the right hand side of the spreadsheet. Would this be the GPS co-ords?
 
Sep 2012
1,856
1,780
Switzerland
Bump to get some version 1-3 files.
What are version 1 to 3 files? Does this mean that Panigale DDA+ stick only result in version 4 files.

I can provide you with Panigale 1199S and SL files.

Did you find any meta information in the DDA files that point to CAN bus message locations? I would be very interested in the CAN bus mapping of these DDA entities:
  • DTC_LEV
  • SPEED
  • DTC
  • RPM
  • ACQ
  • DAS_LEV
  • DIST
  • LAP
  • GPS_ALT
  • LAP
  • Lambda O
  • Lambda V
 
May 2014
504
341
London, UK
Some of the data looks a bit strange but thats more likely my data file; I havn't been able to compare yet.
 

mtb

Jun 2015
111
29
Maryland, USA
royal: OK yeah the screenshot does look odd. If you don't mind sending me the file I'll run it here and see what's different there vs here. There shouldn't be any columns without headers. I'll need to test with that file to see why it's doing that.

It looks to me like you either have fewer or more fields than I have, and I'm not reading them properly.

So could you send me the log file in question?

Gecko: Version 1-3 are just older DDA versions from bikes like the 1098, 1198, etc...
There isn't any CAN info in the logs that I was able to pick apart. I basically got to the point where I understood the format of the actual log data and didn't worry about anything else, and the header is pretty large. I've only really managed to pick apart the data fields, descriptions, and how often those data fields are logged so far in the header.

Also, any files you can provide will help. My only logs are from my own 899 Panigale, which I suspect now has far fewer fields than your bike and royal's.
 
Sep 2012
1,856
1,780
Switzerland
royal: OK yeah the screenshot does look odd. If you don't mind sending me the file I'll run it here and see what's different there vs here. There shouldn't be any columns without headers. I'll need to test with that file to see why it's doing that.

It looks to me like you either have fewer or more fields than I have, and I'm not reading them properly.

So could you send me the log file in question?

Gecko: Version 1-3 are just older DDA versions from bikes like the 1098, 1198, etc...
There isn't any CAN info in the logs that I was able to pick apart. I basically got to the point where I understood the format of the actual log data and didn't worry about anything else, and the header is pretty large. I've only really managed to pick apart the data fields, descriptions, and how often those data fields are logged so far in the header.

Also, any files you can provide will help. My only logs are from my own 899 Panigale, which I suspect now has far fewer fields than your bike and royal's.
I tried to do some reverse engineering a couple of years back on the DDA files (V4). But in the end I decided to go an easier route and make my own data logger. Way simpler (and more accurate) than fiddle around with this stupid DDA+ format.

PM your e-mail address, I'll send you a V4 file including GPS data from a 1199S.
 

mtb

Jun 2015
111
29
Maryland, USA
I tried to do some reverse engineering a couple of years back on the DDA files (V4). But in the end I decided to go an easier route and make my own data logger. Way simpler (and more accurate) than fiddle around with this stupid DDA+ format.

PM your e-mail address, I'll send you a V4 file including GPS data from a 1199S.
Will do. I got it working great with DDA+GPS on my 899, but clearly there are differences between what I have and what royal has, so logs will be necessary! PM coming your way.
 

mtb

Jun 2015
111
29
Maryland, USA
Got it thanks, Will look for the email with the dda files from both of you! Hopefully I'll have something that supports the data you are both recording after that.
 

mtb

Jun 2015
111
29
Maryland, USA
I briefly looked at the dda file that didn't translate properly, it looks like the version 4 files don't all have the same fields. I hard coded the fields and field ordering and such so I'll need to pick apart more of the header and actually use it to determine what fields I'm converting. I'll probably have another build of the software sometime next week with this figured out and working.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people