First Photo of the Ducati Superleggera V4

Dec 2018
Australia
I can understand why everyone is a bit taken back by the wings on this bike, but I think we need to remember that this bike is Ducati putting forward their most radical bike to date and showcasing what they can do. I highly doubt that they care if it's practical for the street. I dare say that the 500 people who actually buy this bike with either only take it to the track or will put it in their lounge room as a show piece.

I for one love the look of the "race" winglets. A lot of the new 1000cc+ superbikes now have some form of wings. Eg. The Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory, Honda RRR Fireblade, Ducati V4R, V4 Street Fighter. So I daresay we're going to be seeing more and more bikes released with wings.

Reactions: RD16RR
Apr 2013
Los Angeles
They should be removable or a track only part. It really takes away from the visual appeal of the bike. They have done just fine without wings on a bike until now. It's basically a sin to use ugly and Panigale in the same sentence but in this case, if the shoe fits....

Reactions: Sherpa23
Nov 2018
Australia
100k and it doesnt come with adjustable rearsets?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Jan 2012
Newcastle, Australia
I was sent a link to a site called project 1708 and titled dedicated to dreamers.
each week for the next 8 weeks I get sent a new teaser video of every part of the bike and design
so far it looks like it has carbon wheels, swingarm and frame. A dry clutch, Akropvic race exhaust, non Electronic suspension, and higher state of tune, it does mention that the aerodynamics are being significantly upgraded.
if you buy one of 500 you get to also choose to go to Mugello to ride your bike plus either a 2020 WSBK or MotoGp racer. Yes seriously.
looks like they have thrown everything at this one! It won’t be cheap!

Reactions: DucatiKev
Apr 2013
Los Angeles
Nice of you to join the party DucSyd. A little late but all of what you've stated has been covered.

Maybe one of the mods could put the different v4sl threads together instead of the current 2 or 3 that are being posted to. Just a thought.