Full akrapovic warning

Sep 2013
Vancouver, BC
It's LOUD. backfires at every up shift regardless of rpm. Loud even in low rpms. If the cops in your area are dicks, you may want to reconsider. But it sounds like a GP bike now. It's so loud it's pretty ridiculous for my personal standards. And my 1199R is running full akrapovic as well. But I love the sound. Wow...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Sep 2013
Vancouver, BC
I would but I can't compare. I was breaking in the bike until first service, and had the exhaust install during first service. So just started riding it hard. My first v4 I took up to 12k rpms a few times but this one i stuck by the book. It definitely pulls hard. Just can't really compare before vs after.

Sep 2013
Vancouver, BC
put the baffles in lol, at a certain point exhaust noise is not pleasant to hear when it's too loud.

that or earplugs :)
Baffles are so small I highly doubt it does anything. I enjoy the sound. It's not like I commute with this bike so it's ok for me.

Jan 2016
Ontario, CANADA
Just trying to quantify loudness here.
Is it loud enough to rattle the deaf geriatrics in Victoria from Vancouver?
or
Is it just loud enough for the guys at the top of Whistler to hear you coming as you leave Vancouver?

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2013
Vancouver, BC
Just trying to quantify loudness here.
Is it loud enough to rattle the deaf geriatrics in Victoria from Vancouver?
or
Is it just loud enough for the guys at the top of Whistler to hear you coming as you leave Vancouver?
I wouldn't go as far as #1. But #2 is probable. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2012
Charleston, SC
It's LOUD. backfires at every up shift regardless of rpm. Loud even in low rpms. If the cops in your area are dicks, you may want to reconsider. But it sounds like a GP bike now. It's so loud it's pretty ridiculous for my personal standards. And my 1199R is running full akrapovic as well. But I love the sound. Wow...

Good to hear but, that now makes me concerned about the strict noise ordinance at most tracks here in the US.

All that sex on wheels and expensive track days and prep and traveling to get warned or even told you can't complete your track event because your too loud :-/.

Something to think about ...I canceled my order but, hinted that they should still get one in house because it would likely sell.