Full akrapovic warning

Mar 2016
canada
My dealer is asking for a separate service charge to install the Akrapovic on the Speciale.
Thats total BS but its ducati so im not surprised

After installing the akra, I had to sign 3 waivers from ducati specifying that I know it's for off road use only, won't sue ducati for any tickets etc, service according to "race schedule", etc etc. One waiver for me, one waiver for the dealer, one waiver for ducati.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thats pretty serious for an exhaust lol

Sep 2013
Vancouver, BC
I think for liability reasons they can't include the exhaust install. If it comes pre installed without extra charge as a road legal bike, and you get ticketed, you may have a case against ducati. A transfer of consideration would prove that the owner did so willingly and deliberately.

I'm no lawyer but have been involved in many corporate litigation cases. This is all I can think of.

Mar 2018
Toronto
I think for liability reasons they can't include the exhaust install. If it comes pre installed without extra charge as a road legal bike, and you get ticketed, you may have a case against ducati. A transfer of consideration would prove that the owner did so willingly and deliberately.

I'm no lawyer but have been involved in many corporate litigation cases. This is all I can think of.

Ducati shouldn't have said the Speciale comes with the akro then.

Maybe pay for install and ask for $1000 credit for other items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2012
Toronto
I think for liability reasons they can't include the exhaust install. If it comes pre installed without extra charge as a road legal bike, and you get ticketed, you may have a case against ducati. A transfer of consideration would prove that the owner did so willingly....
I am guessing that you probably can't import a road vehicle that with factory installed components does not meet mandated exhaust gas and noise emissions.

Including a box of "closed course only" components keeps it street legal and worthy of import.

I assume of course, I don't actually know but it sounds reasonable to me

Jun 2012
PNW
Sounds like BS... there was no extra charge to install the Termi slip-ons and upmap from my dealer when I bought my Tricolore. So why is it an extra now?