Header wrap

Jun 2019
canada
Got the header wrap done. Unfortunately will have to wait until spring to see if it helps with the heat. Bigger job than I though, but I am learning that is the Ducati way.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Picazo
Jul 2016
Germany
I did mine last season, but not sure if I could really tell the difference. Did you replace the headers? There is a recall on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
What’s the recall? Cracking? Or are they routed too close to something critical

Last edited:
Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Hey ArcticWhite, how hard is it to just remove the plastic OEM, shield off the tin one? Does it unbolt without having to remove the tank or lift the rear subframe?
Posted this question in another post but no reply, thanks in advance

Jun 2019
canada
To get the plastic off, everything has to come apart. Rear subframe has to be lifted or removed. Putting a carbon cover on would mean doing the work pictured above.

These bikes are more difficult to do simple things on than other bikes.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Looking at installing a carbon ilmberger shield in place of the OEM plastic shield but didn't realise the extent of the work required just to remove the plastic

Jun 2019
canada
Looking at installing a carbon ilmberger shield in place of the OEM plastic shield but didn't realise the extent of the work required just to remove the plastic
I hear you. I was shocked at the work just to replace the windscreen. As most of the bike had to come apart, I figured I may as well do everything at once so I am not pulling things apart multiple times.

Reactions: NorthQLDdesmo
Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
I have the ilmberger on my bike and it is one of the easiest carbon additions to install. You should not have any issues with it. Simply unbolt the oem plastic one and bolt the new carbon one on with supplied hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk