Heatshield Carbon

Aug 2018
Germany
Hello guys,
I wanna use the winter time to make some visual changes at my V4S. Among other things, I want to replace the original heat shield with a carbon heat shield:

https://www.ilmberger-carbon.de/Carbon/Carbon_Motorrad/DUCATI/Ducati_Panigale_V4_ab_2018/Carbon_Ducati_Panigale_V4_Auspuffhitzeschutz_Schalldaempfer_Set_matt.aspx

Cause there are still 4 weeks delivery time, I wanted to prepare and ask if you have experience with the dismantling of the heat shield of the V4S. I did not find anything on YouTube. For the older models you have to put the back part higher. Is that the case with the V4?

Thank you for any hints !

Regards
Ansgar

Apr 2018
Alabama
I have the ilmberger on my bike and it is one of the easiest carbon additions to install. You should not have any issues with it. Simply unbolt the oem plastic one and bolt the new carbon one on with supplied hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2018
Germany
Oh perfect. Thank you. Now I’m able to sleep
Are you using a full carbon back frame ?? Looks awesome !

Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Hey there Tricky1, I am waiting for the V4 streetfighter and it looks like the OEM plastic exhaust shield is identical to the Panigale, I have noticed on the Panigale that the shield bolts together as 2 halves at the back but the ilmberger shield that you have installed seems to be 1 piece, is this correct and if so did it hinder the replacement at all? Is it possible for you to post a couple of more pictures for me particularly from the rear L/H side, cheers

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
Queensland Australia
Cheers, thanks, it would be great to see the installation from different angles and great to know I won't need to lift the tank or subframe