K&N Makes 1199 Oil Filter

Oct 2012
New Jersey Shore
Changing gaskets every oil change is unnecessary. To make Ducati happy I only change them at the 'required' oil changes: ie 600, 7500, 15000 miles.

As of now, the entire kit is on eBay for $40 shipped to your door.
Look up item number: 161101745390

Includes filter, o rings, crush washer and shipping.
DO NOT reuse a crush washer!

Oct 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Changing gaskets every oil change is unnecessary. To make Ducati happy I only change them at the 'required' oil changes: ie 600, 7500, 15000 miles.

As of now, the entire kit is on eBay for $40 shipped to your door.
Look up item number: 161101745390

Includes filter, o rings, crush washer and shipping.
DO NOT reuse a crush washer!
ok i'll just have to go up to Autozone and get a replacement then. thanks!

Jul 2013
Woodinville, WA
Dammit! Ordered two OEM filters last weekend. Oh well, there's always next time. My oil was pitch black and needed to go ASAP. Tons of shit on the magnetic drain plug as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2013
Lake Mary, FL
OK - I need someone to report experience with them on the 1199. I've heard from a respectable race tuner that a while back K&N oil filters had a bad rap because they caused oil pressure to be higher since the filter media was "better filtering" which equated to less flow. It caused some engine failures that he saw with his own eyes.

Not that is what I've heard from a reputable source. Maybe this was propaganda started by OEMs who wanted you to use their high-profit margin parts, I don't know but figure its worth sharing.

Stw

Former Staff
Aug 2012
Dallas.Tx
OK - I need someone to report experience with them on the 1199. I've heard from a respectable race tuner that a while back K&N oil filters had a bad rap because they caused oil pressure to be higher since the filter media was "better filtering" which equated to less flow. It caused some engine failures that he saw with his own eyes.

Not that is what I've heard from a reputable source. Maybe this was propaganda started by OEMs who wanted you to use their high-profit margin parts, I don't know but figure its worth sharing.
Well Jeff I bought some and it will go in my bike next week....