Leather Jacket for tall athletic build

Sep 2019
East Bay, California
I am looking for Jacket Recommendations.

I started out riding dirt and cruisers, and progressively escalated to the Panigale V4. The cruisers never went very fast; 100 MPH felt like a major life mistake. My last bike, a BMW, felt great at high speeds, but has quite a bit more wind protection than my V4.

I have been using a summer mesh jacket with armor on the V4. It works, as the air passes through and it's adjusted to fit somewhat tight. I put on leather yesterday for a cool morning ride. My leather jacket flapped like crazy in the wind, to the point that I probably won't wear it again on that bike. And that was just at my limited break-in speed.

It is a "biker style" jacket, lots of extra material. So I think I need something a bit more tight fitting for this bike. I'm a difficult size; most sizing assumes you get wider at the same rate you get taller, and XXL typically has a lot of extra room.

I'm 6'4, 225, tall but lean, athletic build with wide shoulders. Anyone have a jacket like they recommend? I don't mind spending decent money on something like this that will last me a while.

Jul 2014
New York Metro
AGV Sport or Vanson. I am similar build 6'1 245. Both Brands make leather goods for "American" body type. Sizing is true to your sport coat sizing.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2019
Oakland
Dainese Store over in SF has lots of jackets and many on sale at the moment. Was in there today while my bike was at Desmoto. Got a Superspeed D1 Perf last year in a 54, I'm 6'3" 200lbs. Munroe has nice Duc branded jackets as well as many others in various cuts from Cruiser to Cafe to Tour to Race. Good luck.

Reactions: Drax
Sep 2019
East Bay, California
Dainese Store over in SF has lots of jackets and many on sale at the moment. Was in there today while my bike was at Desmoto. Got a Superspeed D1 Perf last year in a 54, I'm 6'3" 200lbs. Munroe has nice Duc branded jackets as well as many others in various cuts from Cruiser to Cafe to Tour to Race. Good luck.
Nice, thank you. I’ll be in the city next week and will check it out.

Sep 2019
East Bay, California
Thanks for the tip. They had my size in stock, good fit.

Reactions: DucatiKev