Mirrors (again)

Jan 2012
Newcastle, Australia
Hi,

Before I got my Speciale I read here the sorry tales of those that their mirrors failed, I was bit sceptical as I had no issues with my 1199.
Well second ride in and the right hand side just died on me. Sort of hang droopy but managed to ride home.
After pulling it apart I found thta the plastic around one threaded nut sheared off inside. I epoxied it, to keep riding, and the dealer here has organised a replacement under warranty, but seriously, they are just crap.

So I've been searching for something better, my question is has anyone found an alternative?

I don't want the block off indicators and bar ends, just replacements. I had a reply form Rizoma but the total cost including the adaptors and wires ran to nearly $1000 Aussie dollars. Yikes! for two mirrors.

Thanks for any help. Only fault and complaint I have right now.

May 2017
United States
Get integrated turn signal mirror block offs with bar mount mirrors. The mirrors will snap if the bike accidentally tips over.

Aug 2018
here
Get integrated turn signal mirror block offs with bar mount mirrors. The mirrors will snap if the bike accidentally tips over.
I think that's not what he wants..

Plus if my bike tips over, the mirror is the last thing I'll be thinking about ;)

Hi,

Before I got my Speciale I read here the sorry tales of those that their mirrors failed, I was bit sceptical as I had no issues with my 1199.
Well second ride in and the right hand side just died on me. Sort of hang droopy but managed to ride home.
After pulling it apart I found thta the plastic around one threaded nut sheared off inside. I epoxied it, to keep riding, and the dealer here has organised a replacement under warranty, but seriously, they are just crap.

So I’ve been searching for something better, my question is has anyone found an alternative?

I don’t want the block off indicators and bar ends, just replacements. I had a reply form Rizoma but the total cost including the adaptors and wires ran to nearly $1000 Aussie dollars. Yikes! for two mirrors.

Thanks for any help. Only fault and complaint I have right now.

The mirrors are meant to break off so they don't pull/rip apart the bodywork. I'd rather my mirror break if I accidentally bump it in the garage than mess up the painted piece underneath. Eventually we'll see some adjustable aftermarket mirrors but haven't seen anything yet.

*edit: Scratch that, check these out: https://moto-science.com/collections/ducati-panigale-899-1199-and-panigale-959-1299/products/ducati-959-1299-panigale-matte-black-led-mirrors-7593-94-pair

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2018
North Carolina
I have to agree, Ducati really dropped the ball with these crappy mirrors and the general public isn't up in arms raising hell about it. Why the hell does everyone else sell folding mirrors as standard equipment??? I have made at least three complaints to Ducati and have never received an answer, that's not very professional.
I frigging hate bar end mirrors DUCATI step the F**K up and fix this issue. I worry every time I take my bike on the road. I bring a roll of ducktape with me just in case.
I have complained to my local shop and well
I really wish more people would bitch about this issue.